B&B or Belanger headers

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was also wondering what exhaust is better B&B , corsa, or borla. I have a 91 mustang gt with headman header, offroad pacesetter H-pipe and 2 chamber flowmaster mufflers. I love the agressive loud rumble of my mustangs exhaust and i want my viper to sound mean and loud, but not crappy popping cherry bomb style loud LOL Thanks again

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use the _SEARCH_ function. Good discussion less than a month ago.

If you do that, I promise not to bag on you for terrible spelling.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well this subject has TONS of debate.

IMO B&B is better, many agree with me and many disagree with me.

there was 1 recent thread where a guy had belanger headers on a Roe S/C car and switched to B&B and picked up (I believe) 16RWHP.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the Balengers! I've also compared my previous roe setup with an identical setup on another car using B&B and I dynoed a consistant 15-20 more.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don't know performance wise, but from what i've heard cruising with the new york crew, B&B sounds MUCH better

louder too, has that same hollow-type sound like 2 chamber flowmasters on a 5.0, i know which sound you're getting at.

i would still recommend hearing both though before you buy

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I love the sound of a built 5.0 with 2 chamber flowmasters. If the B&B sounds like the flowmaster i think i'll go with them.
Just be aware that it will never sound like a V-8.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
?? Does it sound better than a V-8 ?

Most people(non viper owners) will say NO. I myself have learned to LOVE the sound of a Viper.

But I do believe a 302 with flowmasters and a big cam is the best sounding small block ever.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most people(non viper owners) will say NO. I myself have learned to LOVE the sound of a Viper.

But I do believe a 302 with flowmasters and a big cam is the best sounding small block ever.

I agree with that

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree Simms, a 302 w/ flowmasters, H Pipe, etc, sounds incredible.

IMO, modified vipers sound great, but modified stangs sound even better.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree Simms, a 302 w/ flowmasters, H Pipe, etc, sounds incredible.

IMO, modified vipers sound great, but modified stangs sound even better.

VERY true but what perfroms better lol

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: B&B or Belanger headers OR TNT?

B&B or Belangers. . . what about TNT? Am I the only one with TNT headers and exhaust? Just seems like every time this question comes up people are looking into B&B or Belanger... my TNT's sound pretty good, IMHO. Why the perceived lack of interest in TNT?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

B&B or Belangers. . . what about TNT? Am I the only one with TNT headers and exhaust? Just seems like every time this question comes up people are looking into B&B or Belanger... my TNT's sound pretty good, IMHO. Why the perceived lack of interest in TNT?

price

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"VERY true but what perfroms better lol "
Well my modified 91 Mustang GT runs a 10.36 @139 mph , so its going to be interesting trying to modify the viper i buy to top that, although the viper is PIMPIN ! Plus they handles WAY better!!! IMO

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"VERY true but what perfroms better lol "
Well my modified 91 Mustang GT runs a 10.36 @139 mph , so its going to be interesting trying to modify the viper i buy to top that, although the viper is PIMPIN ! Plus they handles WAY better!!! IMO

you can make the viper run that or faster but for alot MORE $$$

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The best sounding V8 I have ever heard...was my old 302 V8 in my Mustang. It had heads, cam, intake, longtube headers, prochamber pipe (sort of a box in the middle), and cutoffs right after the Mac mufflers. It sounded ballsy at idle, and just mean when I was really on it. The cool thing was, it wasn't really as loud as I would have thought, but it had a deep growl to it.

I have to say it did sound better than my Viper, but I am working on that....

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hear that, i'm getting ready to buy a viper soon and i dont even have the car yet and I already have mod fever! Viper parts are freakin expensive. If only vipers sounded like my Mustang! Who could ask for more.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I hear that, i'm getting ready to buy a viper soon and i dont even have the car yet and I already have mod fever! Viper parts are freakin expensive. If only vipers sounded like my Mustang! Who could ask for more.

Give me a break! Who could ask for anymore?
Listen, I always get comments about the sound of my car like, "I have never heard a car sound so mean" and "wow does that thing sound awesome" also "holly **** does that sound wicked when you hit it"

Lets put it to a poll. Who wants their car to sound like a rustang?
Not me that's for sure!
Save your money and buy another Mustang
:rolleyes:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I kid you not for the price of headers and catback on the viper I bought those for my 99 GT mustang

heads
Custom cam
BBK headers
Mac H pipe /w cats
flowmaster Cat back
2 eletric superchargers (1.5 Psi each)
trickflow intake
BBK 75mm TB
March performance ram air
Denso spark plugs
ford racing wires
Hawk brake pads (front only)
AND 2 rear tires

now keep in mine my 99 GT is the modular motor so everything costs a little more then the older 5.0's

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I believe that the TNT headers are VERY similar in design as the B&B. It may just be a price issue.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said before IN MY OPINION I like the sound of my mustang over the sound of a viper. I never said i didn't like the sound of a viper. I freakin love vipers thats why i'm about to buy one! Rustang or not my mustang runs fast as hell, thats why i'm keeping it as my drag car and buying a viper. I also get comments on how bad a** my mustang sounds as well, it all about your own personal opinion and what you like. My vote goes to the mustangs sound.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im in the process of modifying both (kinda at once) and as far as sound with the right exhaust the mustang wins IMO, but the B&B on the viper is not too far from it tho, it is by far the best sounding on the viper.

Now price for the car/mods the stang wins hands down.

but feeling like the president driving down the block? PRICELESS viper gets that one lol.

but just like you I love my stang as well (mines not a 10 secnond but hey she runs 12's) lol

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mustangjay you wrote..
If only vipers sounded like my Mustang! Who could ask for more.

Well I think that statement blows,IN MY OPINION!
Part of the reason alot of us bought a Viper is because it is NOTHING like a mustang.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said before IN MY OPINION I like the sound of my mustang over the sound of a viper. I never said i didn't like the sound of a viper. I freakin love vipers thats why i'm about to buy one! Rustang or not my mustang runs fast as hell, thats why i'm keeping it as my drag car and buying a viper. I also get comments on how bad a** my mustang sounds as well, it all about your own personal opinion and what you like. My vote goes to the mustangs sound.

I've got the best of both worlds! My Roe car has run a best of 10.4 at 139 on drag radials('ll get her into the 9's soon :2tu: ) and I drive it like a daily drive(nice days only ;) ). I've got 38K miles on her and still running strong. I think 1tony1 has over 60K on his and he holds the Roe record at a 9.55 at 144
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've got the best of both worlds! My Roe car has run a best of 10.4 at 139 on drag radials('ll get her into the 9's soon :2tu: ) and I drive it like a daily drive(nice days only ;) ). I've got 38K miles on her and still running strong. I think 1tony1 has over 60K on his and he holds the Roe record at a 9.55 at 144
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

yeah that is true, your car is an animal, never did tell me whats done to her exactly??????? you gotta tell me lol pm me or something lol

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mustangjay you wrote..
If only vipers sounded like my Mustang! Who could ask for more.

Well I think that statement blows,IN MY OPINION!
Part of the reason alot of us bought a Viper is because it is NOTHING like a mustang.

I wouldent go THAT far I have both a mustang and a viper and I LOVE my stang, its a thrill to drive and has some b@lls stock and modded its got major b@lls, no its not viper and never will be but its also not trying to be, its apples to oranges

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21