Can 900whp be had with Roe S/C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The facts are the fastest S/C Vipers 2 are Paxton's 2Manytoys(Underground) and Dr. Roof (DLM) neither one of those are the DYK.

The other 2 fastest S/C are Roe's: Tony's and mine ....both are in the original form DYK ..... Tony installed his and Larry Macedo installed mine. Tony has fewer Mods than I do .....some on my mods were to decreamfuff my 2001.

The only DYK Paxton kit I am aware is AB ....I don't know what his drag racing numbers are.

I truly believe there are very few DYK Paxton's kits out there in daily use while their is many Roe installed and running quite well installed by a "novice".

Cudaman :usa:

LTHL-GRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
theres no way you can with cars not fairly anyway.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post 2 people with the same year/model with the same mods will have diffrent HP/TQ #'s, so should I not pay B&B because my exhaust dident give me as much HP as it did on joe Blows car????

Advertised claims of any kind should be backed by a customer satisfaction, full refund or price adjustment guarantee. This is a very common practice in retail business.

Or better yet should I not pay dodge because my car came with less HP/TQ then joe blows off the showroom floor??

As long as it meets the advertised HP then you would have no complaint just because someone else's made a little more HP stock to stock. Also, new cars have warranties and TSBs to correct issues with proper fit, finish and performance and then there are lemon laws and recalls to protect the buyer if the company will not voluntarily do the right thing. That's a big, healthy warranty and not really a fair comparison. If you think about it, a warranty like what you get with a new car is very generous when applied to many other product's manufacturers warranties...

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been a few people on here saying that there car was dyno'd stock and the #'s were LESS then advertised and I would LOVE to see anyone one of them try to claim that on a warranty.

Honestly its really not Seans fault hes only selling a product to you for yout car, whatever else is wrong (or whatever) with yout car has nothing to do with him as long as his product itself did NOT cause it of course.

its common knowledge that these cars do NOT come stock with the same HP/TQ and do NOT recat the same to mods as one another and Sean's S/C setup is no diffrent is not diffrent nor is Paxton or turbos for that matter, thats like saying to Jason heff that you want your car like Chads and you send it to him and it gets back its NOT going to be the exact same and if its lower are the 2 of you paid the exact same price are you gonna *****?? or if its higher is he gonna *****???

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been a few people on here saying that there car was dyno'd stock and the #'s were LESS then advertised and I would LOVE to see anyone one of them try to claim that on a warranty.

Stu, You won't win this one. All you will do is drag it out.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stu, You won't win this one. All you will do is drag it out.

True but I think your post and cudamans post pretty much sum up alot of what im saying alot better then I ever could, and also your 2 cars prove that the Roe blowers DO work. and VERY well at that

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my kit for 9 months and it never worked. From pinging, detonation, check engine lights, misfires, multiple failed sc kit parts, oil blow by...et al....

After Sean, installed the kit, he sent the car home with the check engine light on. It was the most unprofessional experiences I have ever had.

First dyno run put down a whopping 505rwhp up from the base 450rwhp. Then sean the boy ROEBot, made some changes to Vec2 program and got it up to 549rwhp, a far cry from the advertised 600rwhp for all the mod I purchased from ROEbot.

I bashed ROEbot really bad on floridavipers.com until Sean got his buddy Mcquire to shut the site down. check out the link below. I called both of these cowards out to settle this face to face / man to man, but the thought of Sean not hidding behind his keyboard was just to terrifying for him.

I will Never buy anything from ROE Racing again, even if they were twice as cheap as the next seller.

Florida Vipers-Called out McQuire & Roe, yet they are not where to be found

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its no secret that im HUGE fan of Sean Roe's, I think the world of the guy and all of his people there and products, I have spent well over 9K with Roe racing and just to be fair to you and let you know now no one is going to change my mind about Roe racing (just being honest with you).

first off the rules still apply to you that I was saying to LTH-GRY, which is every car is diffrent theres no way 2 people are going to make the same power off the same mods or are they going to have the same stock.

This car very well happen to a paxton car as well, you can get a paxton and not make as much power as another paxton with the same mods, so what are you going to come on here and bash Paxton next?? or another tuner?? Just have to accept it the cars are not all the same so they are NOT going to react the same to mods perid.

Secondly I have a question for you, that 505 RWHP made was that a 5,7.5 or 8 psi pully???

Lastly when you say "a whopping 505rwhp up from the base 450rwhp" these cars come with 450Bhp not RWHP in fact your average gen 2 only comes with about 410 - 420 RWHP.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Obviously this thread has turned way off topic.
Mike, had you taken a few minutes to directly convey to me what your feelings were at the time the SC was on your car, I would have done whatever it took to resolve it with you. Don't expect me to read your mind. If you weren't satisfied with what we did, it's just a bunch of parts that can be removed. The only time I ever told you "no" on anything you asked was when you asked us to put the used NOS kit on, and that was because you had a cast piston car and I wasn't comfortable with it, personally. If you had asked us to take off the supercharger, shave the manifold height, or anything, I would have done it. Period. Why you're more vocal about it now, I don't understand.
Your comment earlier “But first can you hear that sound, Che-Ching$,Che-Ching$,Che-Ching$, that's the sound of more TT kits and Paxton orders being placed.”. If you’re saying that to get at me, that's an incredibly childish comment coming from a police Sergeant. We build parts and do things to make our cars better and faster. If people want the same parts, great, if not, that’s fine too. We’re not the only fish in the sea. Do you think I've been into cars my whole life and racing for the past 20 years just so we can sell parts? Give me an F'n break. "Che-Ching$,Che-Ching$,Che-Ching$" my ass.
Jay, you and I probably will never get along. I've seen you at Christmas parties where you were cordial, only later to read accusations of how we left your transmission bolts loose and you had trouble at a track event. Did you forget that your motor had been out of the car for repair by the dealer between the time we installed the flywheel and the time the track problem occurred?
If you choose to continue this thread, or a new one, where you "bait" me, the fact that I may choose not to respond doesn't mean I'm hiding behind a keyboard. It means that I think you're a ***** and will probably never grow up.

Regards,
Sean

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...trying to get this thread back on topic. I am especially interested in this because I am in the market for a GTS and want to add some sort of FI.
Turbos for Vipers are way overpriced. Centrifugals arent my cup of tea. The ROE blowers seem great for simplicity and instant boost.

I posted awhile ago about a 3.3L Autorotor and was told that it didn't exist. Here is some more information about the 3.3L Twin Screw Units. They are being sold by Starr Performance in Australia for LS1 based motors (some exceding 800+rwhp-boost only). This unit is supposed to be capable of > 1000hp. I think, if possible, would be a great upgrade to the current Roe Kit. Probably enough flow (cfm) to run 15psi on a 488 CI motor. Not sure about the packaging constraints.

Here are some links:
Starr Performance
http://www.starrperformance.com.au/upgrades&components.html

Thread on LS1 Tech about an LS1 based Monaro(GTO) running this blower and making over 800 to the tire.
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192258&highlight=Starr+Performance

Link to Superchargersonline.com where the Supercharger (blower only) is being sold:
http://www.superchargeronline.com/product_detail.asp?PartNumber=WIP-3300AX

What do you thing Sean?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted awhile ago about a 3.3L Autorotor and was told that it didn't exist. Here is some more information about the 3.3L Twin Screw Units. They are being sold by Starr Performance in Australia for LS1 based motors (some exceding 800+rwhp-boost only). This unit is supposed to be capable of > 1000hp. I think, if possible, would be a great upgrade to the current Roe Kit. Probably enough flow (cfm) to run 15psi on a 488 CI motor. Not sure about the packaging constraints.

Certainly not an Autorotor. Is that the same blower as a Magnacharger ?

EDIT: Looks like it says on the side that it is a Whipple Charger. What do the new Slobras come with ?

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Earl,
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's an SRM brand compressor, the ones that make Whipple's blowers.
I've never looked into theirs specifically and have only used the Autorotor compressors.
The external differences are cast housing with ribs (SRM) vs forged housing that's smooth (Autorotor).
Initially, we went with Autorotor for their design durability and how they performed in the system we built on my car in 2001, back when even 550 RWHP was a big number.
At that time, Kenne Bell was using the Autorotors with great success, and still is.
I'll make some calls.
SRM is in Sweden also, so we should be able to get information pretty easily. I have no idea of the dimensions and interchangeability, but will let everyone know.

Regards,
Sean

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea of the dimensions and interchangeability, but will let everyone know.

Regards,
Sean

I was just looking at Whipple site. And that is what hit me when I saw their big block blower. Looks kind of tall. Earl...we have 0 zero clearence above the Autorotor. definately some interesting thoughts.....now where was that "slightly" damaged hood I saw on Ebay :D

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EDIT: Looks like it says on the side that it is a Whipple Charger. What do the new Slobras come with ?

'03-'04 Cobras use the Eaton M112 Roots-type blower. Quite a few owners have done the swap to a Kenne-Bell Autorotor (as I recall it adds something like 75 rwhp without changing anything else and tons more potential at higher boost).

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Obviously this thread has turned way off topic.
Mike, had you taken a few minutes to directly convey to me what your feelings were at the time the SC was on your car, I would have done whatever it took to resolve it with you. Don't expect me to read your mind. If you weren't satisfied with what we did, it's just a bunch of parts that can be removed. The only time I ever told you "no" on anything you asked was when you asked us to put the used NOS kit on, and that was because you had a cast piston car and I wasn't comfortable with it, personally. If you had asked us to take off the supercharger, shave the manifold height, or anything, I would have done it. Period. Why you're more vocal about it now, I don't understand.
Your comment earlier “But first can you hear that sound, Che-Ching$,Che-Ching$,Che-Ching$, that's the sound of more TT kits and Paxton orders being placed.”. If you’re saying that to get at me, that's an incredibly childish comment coming from a police Sergeant. We build parts and do things to make our cars better and faster. If people want the same parts, great, if not, that’s fine too. We’re not the only fish in the sea. Do you think I've been into cars my whole life and racing for the past 20 years just so we can sell parts? Give me an F'n break. "Che-Ching$,Che-Ching$,Che-Ching$" my ass.
Jay, you and I probably will never get along. I've seen you at Christmas parties where you were cordial, only later to read accusations of how we left your transmission bolts loose and you had trouble at a track event. Did you forget that your motor had been out of the car for repair by the dealer between the time we installed the flywheel and the time the track problem occurred?
If you choose to continue this thread, or a new one, where you "bait" me, the fact that I may choose not to respond doesn't mean I'm hiding behind a keyboard. It means that I think you're a ***** and will probably never grow up.

Regards,
Sean

GET EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean I just wanted to say straight up I don't give a F*ck what ANYONE says im a Roe customer for life after dealing with you (and Dave) theres no way I would want to go elsewhere and im sure all your LOYAL customers feel the same way.

KEEP DOIN WHAT YOUR DOIN SEAN

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...trying to get this thread back on topic. I am especially interested in this because I am in the market for a GTS and want to add some sort of FI.
Turbos for Vipers are way overpriced. Centrifugals arent my cup of tea. The ROE blowers seem great for simplicity and instant boost.

and let me tell you Earl, I talk with Sean or Dave atleast once a week for advice or making a purchase ect. and they are the best bunch of people out there, honest as hell and most of all your happiness is more important then the sale.

Trust me you WONT go wrong with Roe racing.

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,
You can't read my mind? Why should you when we had talked in person and on the phone about my disappointment with the whole roe s/c trials and tribulations. You never once tried to resolve it then, or anytime for that matter, so don't act like you would have on this board. That's the chicken $-it way out for the public to hear. The only thing you could do was send me down the road again with a new card swipe that never fixed a thing. I got tired of it.

I like you Sean and totally satisfied with your other parts and work you did but you should have and could have handled me better with that s/c and you know it. It was embarrassing for me then and now it's embarrassing for you. I am an easy customer to work with but I'm no idiot. I lost over $3k on that whole ordeal. Anyway it's over and I feel better that I leaked my story instead of keeping the code of silence alive.

To STUGOTS:
2 Questions?

1. Do you even own a Roe s/c?
If not then your opinions here are irrelevant since you don't have a clue.

2. Are you married to Sean or to a woman?
It sounds like you wanna marry Sean but newsflash. He's taken, by a woman.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,
You can't read my mind? Why should you when we had talked in person and on the phone about my disappointment with the whole roe s/c trials and tribulations. You never once tried to resolve it then, or anytime for that matter, so don't act like you would have on this board. That's the chicken $-it way out for the public to hear. The only thing you could do was send me down the road again with a new card swipe that never fixed a thing. I got tired of it.

I like you Sean and totally satisfied with your other parts and work you did but you should have and could have handled me better with that s/c and you know it. It was embarrassing for me then and now it's embarrassing for you. I am an easy customer to work with but I'm no idiot. I lost over $3k on that whole ordeal. Anyway it's over and I feel better that I leaked my story instead of keeping the code of silence alive.

To STUGOTS:
2 Questions?

1. Do you even own a Roe s/c?
If not then your opinions here are irrelevant since you don't have a clue.

2. Are you married to Sean or to a woman?
It sounds like you wanna marry Sean but newsflash. He's taken, by a woman.

answer to question 1. No I do NOT own a Roe blower, however I have done ALOT of research considering I am going forced induction this year.

answer to your second question im not married at all im only 21 you a$$clown and since that thought was the first that popped into your head im thinkin you may bat for both teams huh???

The point is this, I feel that if someone does right by you, they deserve to be praised for it and sean has always done right by me and my car so YEAH I do give him props and thats all I was tryng to say and you had to pop off at the jaws.

So you wanna be a big bad tough guy and come and talk shyt to me WHY?? because I have had good dealings with a tuner that you have had bad dealings with????

ohh wait the slap A$$ here had bad dealings with Sean to spite all the Shyt Sean has done for me let me just stop going to him!!!!!

you had bad dealing good for you but that don't give you the right to bash everyone who praises Sean.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike Perry

As I indicated in an earlier post, you have every right to relate your experience with any tuner on this board, good or bad. You are also correct that many don't share the bad experiences for whatever reasons.

However, after reading how you have handled your disclosure and Seans reactions to your comments, it is clear to me who the difficult one is to deal with.

And yes I have had two Roe blowers and have dealt with Sean for over fours and continue to find him to be one of the most accommodating, honest, helpful and knowledgeable vendors supporting the Viper product line. He has handled every issue I have had with any of his products with support that I have seldom found anywhere. He has my highest recommendation as a Viper tuner.

Sorry to hear your experience hasn't been the same, but you don't come off as someone I would like to sell to. :usa: :usa:

weed43

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question for all the GEN 2 cars that are running the Roe blower, and I know there are about 200 of these units in use now, I have been interested in this blower from the day Roe put it on the market, But I have decided to wait and see what kind of problems developed since it is new for Viper. Now it has been over two years out there and have only heard of one car that had an engine problem and I don't know what happened in that caused. I sure there are more cars that have had problems, and that is my question, and this is for GEN 2 cars only, Sean said in this POST that about 70 persent of the Gen 2 cars throw check engine lights, and the answer to the problem has been a GEN 1 PCM, and at what cost are we talking about, and has it fixed the problem #2 what kind of HP Tq numbers are we looking at with Headers HF Cats 3' Corsa exhaust Tubes and filters. What really got me thinking about ROE setup is the W/M addition and for the money I dont think you can beat it. Any input will be appreciated from the Gen 2 ROE SUPERCHARGED Cars.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sean, ........
It was embarrassing for me then and now it's embarrassing for you. ......

Mike,
I did what you asked of me to the best of my ability at the time.
I'm not embarrassed about that and have nothing to hide.
Have we learned more since then, yes.
I said that in an earlier reply and you came off and acted like I was here defending myself.
Can I not explain why something happened without you thinking I'm making an excuse, or trying to hide something?
There's a reason for everything.
As anybody who builds or develops anything knows, when something doesn't work out, you try to figure out why it didn't. Figuring it out doesn't make it an excuse. Figuring it out is what makes your part, building, software, or whatever, better.
Don't be so G.D. closed minded.
Nothing works out 100% every time. There are going to be occasional problems. We do what we can to resolve them when they occur, whatever they may be.
When I saw you last and we shook hands, you didn't say anything about all of this. I talked with you on the phone last year and specifically asked you if there were any problems between us and you said "no". Now, it's a different story.
If you don't think me or my guys at the shop do the absolute best we can do for everyone that asks of us, move on down the road, find someone who you work better with and get over it.
Embarrassed about something like what's going on with you now, no, I'm angered by it.

Regards,
Sean

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here's an explanation about PCM's (not an excuse).
The 2000-2002 PCM's specifically have a very poor misfire program. The PCM will set a CE light if the engine accelerates or decellerates faster than the program says it should. This problem is not limited to certain mods.
Changing the PCM to a 1996-1999 that does not have this program cures that problem.
It is still a Gen2 PCM.
Changing the PCM for this reason is no different than when people were first having to install earlier PCM's because CE lights were setting due to header installs in 2000+ cars, which was due to the sensors not warming up as fast as the PCM thought they should.
All other check engine light functions still work, indicating when anything comes up, as they should.
An earlier PCM is about $439. The very early ones also don't set lights when cats are removed.
Anyone with a Viper should have a code reader. For $50, they take the mystery out of what the light is for. It could be for something minor that the PCM notices and is just indicating, or something more important that the PCM notices and is actually adjusting for.
In regard to a SC, specifically one of ours, the light that could come on would be a rich or lean mixture code, as the PCM monitors the air / fuel ratio during closed loop. If we don't hit it right, which hasn't happened for several months or more, a light will set. It tells us that the particular car may need an adjustment to its program, or, its oxygen sensors are going bad.
When O2 sensors do deteriorate, they read leaner, making the PCM richen the mixture.
They're very important sensors.
We've shipped cars overseas to the desert that needed a 0.2 ms fuel pulse tweak in the base program to keep the computer happy (no CE lights). If the light didn't set, we, nor the owner would know the car needed an adjustment.
Dimitrios, do you know what the CE light code on your car was for? If so, please tell us.

Regards,
Sean

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sure there are more cars that have had problems, and that is my question, and this is for GEN 2 cars only, Sean said in this POST that about 70 persent of the Gen 2 cars throw check engine lights, and the answer to the problem has been a GEN 1 PCM, and at what cost are we talking about, and has it fixed the problem #2 what kind of HP Tq numbers are we looking at with Headers HF Cats 3' Corsa exhaust Tubes and filters. What really got me thinking about ROE setup is the W/M addition and for the money I dont think you can beat it. Any input will be appreciated from the Gen 2 ROE SUPERCHARGED Cars.

I installed the S/C myself on a 2001GTS. No check engine light, car runs great.
I'm anxiously awaiting the W/M kit.
BTW the Roe S/C is an excellent value compared to the 15K Tuner packages that were popular 3-4 years back.
I rate Seans customer service a 10+.

weed43

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you you for your input DIMITRIOS, Two questions, Did you upgrade your ignition wires as suggested by SEAN, You said something about a noise like a whistle when you installed the SUPERCHARGER, could you have a VACUUM leak at the intake manifold.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The facts are the fastest S/C Vipers 2 are Paxton's 2Manytoys(Underground) and Dr. Roof (DLM) neither one of those are the DYK.

The other 2 fastest S/C are Roe's: Tony's and mine ....both are in the original form DYK ..... Tony installed his and Larry Macedo installed mine. Tony has fewer Mods than I do .....some on my mods were to decreamfuff my 2001.

The only DYK Paxton kit I am aware is AB ....I don't know what his drag racing numbers are.

I truly believe there are very few DYK Paxton's kits out there in daily use while their is many Roe installed and running quite well installed by a "novice".

Cudaman :usa:

This about sums it up for me. And AB's supercharger is not the basic Paxton kit anymore either.

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Regards,
Sean

Sean, it has nothing to do with being a ***** or not growing up, when someone (Roe Racing) takes close to $15,000.00 for a product, install and tune with nothing working and 9 months without a car running properly, thats called being very angry with nothing to show for the $15,000.00.

The sad thing is, you and I use to get along just fine. I bought alot of stuff from you for 2 vipers and you did all my work. Then I bought the SC, well 9 months later, and with a laundry list of problems addressed, there were still problems and you could not fix them or fiqure them out, so you told me to take the car to macedo and pay him $100.00 hours to fix or fiqure what you were paid to do when I bought and paid you to install and tune the car.

At that point any friendship or business relationship we had terminated, you sure were in a hurry to cash the check, but to backup the purchase and installion with making sure it work correctly, is not how you operate your business.

If any thing you should of paid Larry to fix the car if you could not or refunded my money for the SC kit and the other SC kit add ons. You did neither, you just threw me down the river and said I was on my own.

FYI: I know 4 people who alot problems with your kit on their cars:
Myself 97 GTS
Chris Napalotano 97 GTS
Mike Perry 02 GST
DR Sharzaar 00 RT10

Why dont you please address why your kit did not work on these 4 cars and why you could not fix them and why none of them are no longer running your SC kit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang