Carfax and Dodge Service Record request

Jonne

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I went to a local Dodge dealer this morning, and they refused to give me the service records of the car I'm interested to buy. Can anyone give me hand on this, and check this VIN from Carfax and Dodge(service record). VIN:1B3ER65E31V703150
Thx,
JJ

OP
OP
J

Jonne

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but did not receive anything ?????....nothing in e-mail or PM.
JJ

OP
OP
J

Jonne

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks !!! Got It !!!

Anyone who can dig out the info from Dodge ?

JJ

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not do this when I bought my car (I mean the Dodge service info). I did wonder if there is any privacy issues getting someone else's somewhat personal information...?

Tomer

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's horse bull... I have gotten warranty history records on many Vipers in the past few months. Both face to face and over the phone. I am not sure why you are having trouble.

OP
OP
J

Jonne

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
BTW the Carfax came out clean.

I was able to get the service records earlier for 2 other Vipers - one was done by the same dealership I went this morning. Now they told me NO :-(

I even told them I know the owner, spoke with him, told his name, address....however no records.

Help anyone ?

JJ

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to state the obvious, but if you are close to a deal I would think the owner should be willing to meet you at the dealer and authorise the search...As an owner, I would if I were very close to a deal.

Tomer

OP
OP
J

Jonne

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Tomer,
Good idea, but we are 900 miles away from each other. Have to find another dealer I guess.
JJ

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Chrysler flat out refuses to give me VIN info due to "privacy" issues even though I didn't ask for any owner info. I couldn't even verify if a VIN was trash or not.

Also what was the result of the above VIN search? Car good? No good?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TobyT:
I am not sure why you are having trouble. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure either. I explained my intention with ?Anita? in customer service, she told me that a list (maybe the problem right there) of VINs was impossible to get. When I asked what the issue was she stated that DC could not give out any personal/customer information as part of its policy agreement. I tried to explain that the cars and their owners were of no interest to me only the VIN status but it mattered none. Carfax and AutoCheck had the same issues, but I got the impression it was more automatic response from them than thought out answer. I'm still going to keep trying though.

OP
OP
J

Jonne

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Good Morning,
I went to another - Viper friendly - dealer this morning, and they guy was willing to pull out the information for me. Might be the case, that some dealers have this "automatic response", not to give any information out. Anyway this dealership sell Vipers, so I guess this was nothing extraordinary for them to pull out the info.

Additionally from a dealers perspective, the guy told me the Viper will loose 40% of it's value after you drive the car out from the store. If the invoice is around $68K(2001 RT/10) - 40% = $40,800. The guy told me to offer $45K for a used 2001 RT/10 with 6K miles....Hello !!!. Anyone interested to sell his/her 2001 RT/10 for $45-$55K - let me know, I have cash ready !

JJ