Cat back exhaust... Which one?

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from The Wizards today. I had ROE HF cats installed on my 09 with the stock catback. Sounds FANTASTIC. Not too loud but has DEFINITELY woke the car up.

LOL, Brian I just realized you must have traded the 08 SSG in for an aero SSG 09!

Congrats man, I am officially jealous.

Badazzv8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just for an option for others out there, you can put Gen 4 tips on your Gen 3 systems if you want to reduce cabin heat, add a little more bass to the exhaust, and not have to worry about expansion of the Corsa. I know this option isn't for everyone, but you can do it pretty easily.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all those who asked, here are my observations with Roe HF cats with the stock catback:

In general, the car definitely has more bark and has a slightly deeper tone. Start the beast and she definitely sounds MUCH more alive. You can't help but to smile.

The volume is definitely louder when accelerating when compared to the stock system. However, its not an ear ****** at all and the sound is just simply awesome...what radio? :D Cruising is slightly louder than stock but not annoying at all with no drone whatsoever.

I actually thought the stock exhaust sounded fairly decent and was hesitant to make any changes. I didn't want an ear beating but wanted something that sounded more agressive without going overboard. IMO, this is the ticket. Increased horsepower, better sound, cooler interior temps, around $1,200 installed. A great bang for the buck IMO. :2tu:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, Brian I just realized you must have traded the 08 SSG in for an aero SSG 09! Congrats man, I am officially jealous.

Thanks Ian. Yes, I just could not pass up the aero.

If you're free this Saturday, join us for the Lancaster cruise. The weather is going to be great and it looks like we are going to have a pretty good turnout (around 17 cars or so).

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa.....NO DRONE! JonB, Partsrack, also sells.

I have had both the 3" with high flow cats and the 2.5" with stock cats and they
both drone to the point that you can hardly talk to your pax. That said, the 2.5"
sounded better and was not near as loud. IMO. I also had a B&B with cross over
and it was not as loud as either and sounded good. Not sure how the Corsa with
cross over sounds.

RD

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard the Roe / Corsa combo is louder on the 03-06 cars than on the 08/09s. Was Dan comparing the Gen III or Gen IV?

I never felt the Corsa/Roe combo was too loud...BUT saying that: When we attended ONE track day, our car was disqualified for being: TOO LOUD...lol...for the TRACK!
(Not even discounting the '05 was a Vert/no rollbar/hardtop)...absolutely LOVED the sound...seems Mike & I could talk in the '05 WITH Corsa even better than our stock exhaust in the 2008~! Just our experience here, but not with an '08...staying stock.
~juli

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, so now I am bummed out. Took my 08 (has Roe H/F cats and Corsa Track which was just done)out for a nice ride on a beautiful day. Second time I drove the Viper since the install. WHile on local streets doing about 30mph the check engine light comes on. I know it has to be the cats and oxygen sensors. Everything else is fine and engine runs great. Does the CEL light go out on its own after a couple of cycles? I think I see the MOPAR race controller in my future.

redlineviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, so now I am bummed out. Took my 08 (has Roe H/F cats and Corsa Track which was just done)out for a nice ride on a beautiful day. Second time I drove the Viper since the install. WHile on local streets doing about 30mph the check engine light comes on. I know it has to be the cats and oxygen sensors. Everything else is fine and engine runs great. Does the CEL light go out on its own after a couple of cycles? I think I see the MOPAR race controller in my future.

Will come on when you are driving it wrong. Drive the car like a viper (not a mini van) and should have better luck. ECM is the fix though