CD PLAYER INSTALL FACTORY

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I had my '94, I installed the factory offered CD changer in my trunk. The wires are not run into the trunk-you will need to remove the factory radio to get behind it to plug in the wiring. To run the wiring, the console, rear bulkhead cover need to come out as well. (If memory serves me, other interior trim needs to come out to get that rear bulkhead cover out.) The wiring goes under the center console, behind the passenger seat, through the big grommet on the passenger side, and the changer itself mounts on it's back, against the frame rail, to the right of the spare. This way, it does not stick up or in the way..it is flush with the top of the frame rail and the CD magazine drops down and in. I know some others on the board have run the wiing under the car, but this is the way the factory says to do it.

Reaction score
Go to SoCal's site http://www.socalviper.org/ and click on
"Six Disc CD Changer for Viper By Frank Creede". If you have the CD player with a long DIN cable you will still need to buy Alpine 4913, Interconnector $30. If you get the Mopar install kit for $110 or so you will get a long Din cable and the equivalent 4913 connector with mounting hardware. No cable is ran to the trunk from the factory, unless your VIN is 200175-my previous R/T.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte