Ebay headers

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've learned that when it comes to aftermarket parts for the Viper, you get what you pay for. You may want to contact that seller and find out what kind of steel they're made from as well as how thick. They look thin to me.

OP
OP
S

Slowsupratt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Haha..well I was only curious. We all know that headers are over priced for vipers. Now here is one that is underpriced. For the price it doesn't seem like it could hurt to try...or can it hurt?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No can't hurt, I bought a set, but the primary tubes are too small for what I need(1 1/2" into 1 5/8"). I do have to say that the build quality seems very good. For the Gen I/II guys that are only looking to do bolt-ons(no S/C or big NOS shots), these would be ok.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha..well I was only curious. We all know that headers are over priced for vipers. Now here is one that is underpriced. For the price it doesn't seem like it could hurt to try...or can it hurt?

Heck, I've tried name-brand discontinued headers that cost a heck of a lot more and they turned out to be crap. If these were available 2 years ago I would've bought them and tried them. 99 R/T 10 has always given me good advice. If he says they're built well then its true. It can't hurt. But you can save yourself a lot of time and just send me the $400 instead. :D

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
just got off phone with guy who is producing these and they sound pretty damm good using 304 gage stainless and they are svs replica's

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This must be what 99 R/T 10 bought. If I recall, the seller had quite a few of them that weren't selling. Could be he's dumping his inventory? :dunno:

OP
OP
S

Slowsupratt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can always ceramic coat them and then weld then in place instead of just leaving them as slip on. Hmmm...might give them a try.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This guy had them originally advertised as SVS headers. He sold MANY at $1000+. Apparently someone got pissed enough to contact ebay and SVS and now he does not advertise them as SVS. Now they are being listed and sold for 300-500. I bet those old customers were quite upset. Another thread has been opened on these headers a while back and we were waiting on results from a member here that purchased them.

I emailed the seller a while back and his answers were evasive and nondescript. I think his first batch were poorly made. Looks like he maybe has gotten better. He also sells that rear mount turbo kit.

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you have ever had a set of poorly fitting or low quality headers, you'll know that spending the extra bucks is worth it so you can continue to enjoy your car without headaches.

rimmie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do I see bungs welded into the collector outlets? This might be worth the cost alone so I don't have to weld up bungs on my stock pipe for the WBO2's. Does the location look acceptable for an Innovative setup?

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I see bungs welded into the collector outlets? This might be worth the cost alone so I don't have to weld up bungs on my stock pipe for the WBO2's. Does the location look acceptable for an Innovative setup?

The O2 bungs are already welded onto each header. These headers are CNC bent, and hand crafted from Aircraft Grade Stainless Steel.

Someone buy a set and let us know how it works out. The price is too good to be true, so I'll wait for someone else to demo them. :D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The head flanges look thick enough for high quality. Slip tubes are OK and could be epoxied or welded if someone was worried about it although I ran a set of sliptube headers for 10 years with no leaks or problems. The Collectors do need rings welded to the ends however, as welding would cause stress risers at that point. Adding the rings will allow a small amount of flex. The collector shape is similar to some of the Burns technology I read up on so I'd consider that as a mark of higher quality as well.

As mentioned earlier in the thread the 1 1/2" to 1 5/8" are a great size for a stock or nearly stock engine. Too small for superchargers. Seems like a screaming deal to me.

Ted

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For that price it's a great deal. If anyone buys a set please post.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but the only 02 bungs I see in these headers are at the turnout...so I'm assuming those are for the primary 02s and you'll need extension cables to reach. Thus, these can't be used for WBs and you'll need to add another set of bungs.

If this guy was smart he would try to sell these things on the site. He must know that this website is talking about his products.

Again, I thought he seemed pretty shady when I spoke to him a while ago. Not to mention he was ripping people off by selling these headers as SVS at $1000+. I'd say don't throw your money at a crook and support those vendors that provide us with quality parts and service instead (even that group of folks is getting slim these days). Just my .02

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im local and believe I have just found my christmas gift from the wife. I'll let you all know what I find.

Payne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier in the thread the 1 1/2" to 1 5/8" are a great size for a stock or nearly stock engine. Too small for superchargers. Seems like a screaming deal to me.

Ted

How much gain would you expect over stock manifolds on a 550rwhp ROE car?

Who makes 1 7/8" headers?

JP

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The other brands mostly do 1 3/4" primaries

You're looking for maximum flow with the SC, I would save up the extra 1000 and buy a set of 1 3/4 headers. You already spent a nice chunk on the Roe, might as well maximize its potential with a set of headers that have larger primaries than the ebay headers.

Payne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the other brands out there? I have heard that some are not much better than the stock manifolds...

Also, how bad a job is it to do the headers? Is it a crazy job like you have to pull motor mounts and lift the motor around, or relatively straightforward?

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My $380.00 set was delivered a few days ago.They look great,seem to be heavy duty and the quality seems superb.The tubes fit the slip collector very tight.The drivers side has two bungs,the pass side has one.I will be installing soon and will post up if the fit is as good as they look.:2tu: