Ebay headers

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got around to the install.This is not a job for the weak at heart or the non mechanical type or bad nerves(what a pita):D They are on and look pretty good.The one problem I have is one of the tabs on the bottom(the ones that draw the pipes to the collectors)is not in a good line.I am relocating it today.All in all it wasnt to bad....just takes time to get everything lined up good.Next step is to hook the headers to the exhaust.I made a pair of SS 3" to 2 1/2" reducers to do this.I am also installing hf cats while I`m at it,keeping the stock resonators in place.I should be done and crankin her up this week.:drive:

Why don't you just go with 3" hi-flows? Then when you're ready to dump your stock exhaust, everything with match up :2tu:

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well,I fired her up last night.:2tu:Definitly has a different tone than before,a little louder for sure.:D.I was going to take some pics but the damn camera pissed me off and somehow started dissasembling itself:( after hitting the floor a few times at 50mph.:D.I did get a CEL after a little run time,probably all the oil and pb blaster I used to disassemble the cats from the resonators burning off?:dunno: I will get a usable assembled camera and take some pics asap:D

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well,I fired her up last night.:2tu:Definitly has a different tone than before,a little louder for sure.:D.I was going to take some pics but the damn camera pissed me off and somehow started dissasembling itself:( after hitting the floor a few times at 50mph.:D.I did get a CEL after a little run time,probably all the oil and pb blaster I used to disassemble the cats from the resonators burning off?:dunno: I will get a usable assembled camera and take some pics asap:D
Did you do a before dyno and are you going to dyno it again? A lot of us want to see the before and after dyno, any other mods besides headers done just now?

Edit. I just read above you did HF cats, anything else done besides the headers and HF cats?

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you do a before dyno and are you going to dyno it again? A lot of us want to see the before and after dyno, any other mods besides headers done just now?

Edit. I just read above you did HF cats, anything else done besides the headers and HF cats?

I was at 438rwhp safe tune.I will get it dynoed soon just to make sure the af is still at a safe level.I am running the SCT tuner,tuned by Marty at KRC performance in cocoa beach.

As far as mods go...VIPAIR:rolaugh:Accufab tb`s,Harland Sharp 1:7 rockers,muffler deleted,Underdrive crank and alt pullys,170 stat w/fan programed to come on sooner,gen III plugs,mopar performance wires,skip ship BS:rolleyes: removed by program,3:55 gears,PS pump pully and bracket upgrade.

The only diff this dyno will be the headers,hf cats and UD pullys.

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great, but as with my SVS headers I see you have the same clearance issues with the spark plug wires. You really need to get the wires away from the header tubes, I'm on my second set of Mopar Performance wires. The sleeving helps but you've got to have an air gap between the wires and the tubes. I actually used a couple of sets of wires to get some additional wire length where necessary.

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to the dragstrip with the ebay headers, roe high flow cats and Lobak mufflers. The car picked up 3 mph.

Next, i'm adding rocker arms and crank pulley........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi