Ebay headers

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That being said, the "Ebay" headders in this thread are the equivilant materials and build quality of the $99 Blackjack headders that you could also get for your big block Camaro.

Okay, as far as I remember, ****** did make a Viper header.

By the way, ****** quality is WORSE than those Chinese two hundred dollar headers. They are a ultra low quality, cheap import. ****** headers should come with a free ball peen hammer with each purchase.:bonker:

back in the '70's when i bought my 1st set of headers, hookers were the ones to get but were too much coin for me then so i bought blackjack headers and they would not seal with standard gaskets (warped flange), they are the reason i hate the ticking sound of an exhaust leak

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing these headers. The problem I have is finding a shop around here who will install them. (Albuquerque,NM)anyone???

Does anyone have a how to install headers with pics etc.? Do I have to undo a motor mount for the install or any other pitfalls, gaskets?

Ive got a 95 viper with muffler delete, smooth tubes, K+N filter, 3.73 gears, DC performance flywheel,and B+M shifter.

I'm willing to do before and after pulls on a dyno to see what kind of results are netted from these ebay headers.
Thanks

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying these won't be poorly constructed or whatever, but the idea that "you get what you pay for" doesn't apply to Vipers per se. The price inflation (viper tax) just because it goes on a Viper is ridiculous and has nothing to do with the quality, just your willingness to overpay for a name or implied quality.

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, as far as I remember, ****** did make a Viper header. As far as build quality and design, the original SVS header was the best compromise for a N/A car. These Chinese headers listed on Ebay copied the SVS design. The area where they faulter is the flange design, complete garbage. The merge collectors are beautifully Tig welded. I never installed the ones I purchased, because he had them advertised as 1 5/8" to 1 3/4" stepped SVS headers. The second I saw the box they came in, I knew they were bogus. If they had been the actual size stated, I would have kept them and spent the twenty or so hours re-fitting them with proper flanges. I believe it was my complaints that got the ad changed, though he was up standing and promptly refunded my $1,000 + dollars.

As much as I like the original SVS headers, I don't have $3,500+ dollars to spend on them (I got mine second hand). So if I did'nt already own a set of SVS headers, I would look straight to "American Racing Headers" . These headers have a functional merge design. They are made by a quality manufacturer right here in the good ol USA using US stainless steel. You can't beat their price, quality, and the option to select different primary sizes.

By the way, ****** quality is WORSE than those Chinese two hundred dollar headers. They are a ultra low quality, cheap import. ****** headers should come with a free ball peen hammer with each purchase.:bonker:
amen bro. if you want the best hi quality in fit, finish, and materials., the B&B headers are by far the best. true 5-1 merge collector to make the best power spred.

i would lay money the car looses power with those china cheapos, and thats even if you can get them into the car. an 1 1/2 primary will get so hot in this engine with its wide lobe sepereation angle cam, will practically melt them.:nono: did anybody bother to ask him what the wall thickness was, and what grade of stainless the flanges and the pipes are>:dunno::crazy2:

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying these won't be poorly constructed or whatever, but the idea that "you get what you pay for" doesn't apply to Vipers per se. The price inflation (viper tax) just because it goes on a Viper is ridiculous and has nothing to do with the quality, just your willingness to overpay for a name or implied quality.

just make sure you call ebays customer support when you have problems with the headers, and you will....................

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked into B&B headers for my Gen II a few years back, but at least at that time they did not offer a Gen II stepped header w/merge collectors.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What benefit do you get out of the stepped header design? Also what is better, with the merge collector or standard collector?

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm sure they'll sell, there seems to be plenty of people too cheap for their own good.

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What benefit do you get out of the stepped header design? Also what is better, with the merge collector or standard collector?
we have been going back and forth for years on my dynos over this. so far, i cant say anything, other than marketing. primary length, diameter and collector design really make the most difference. i tried both styles from BB on my gen2 and got zero gain from one the other, they both made power over stock for sure, but not from one design to another.

OP
OP
S

Slowsupratt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Haven't gotten around to installing mine. I guess I should atleast drop them off to get ceramic coated.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone has to of had these installed by now. They have been out for a while. any update guys??

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the process now.I did have them loosly bolted to the motor an they all seemed to collect good.I also gasket matched them.I will be back at them maybe this weekend,just have more important things to do:(....and it got cold here in fla for a few nights.:D

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the process now.I did have them loosly bolted to the motor an they all seemed to collect good.I also gasket matched them.I will be back at them maybe this weekend,just have more important things to do:(....and it got cold here in fla for a few nights.:D
Any update on yours?

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any update on yours?

Finally got around to the install.This is not a job for the weak at heart or the non mechanical type or bad nerves(what a pita):D They are on and look pretty good.The one problem I have is one of the tabs on the bottom(the ones that draw the pipes to the collectors)is not in a good line.I am relocating it today.All in all it wasnt to bad....just takes time to get everything lined up good.Next step is to hook the headers to the exhaust.I made a pair of SS 3" to 2 1/2" reducers to do this.I am also installing hf cats while I`m at it,keeping the stock resonators in place.I should be done and crankin her up this week.:drive:

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
finally Got Around To The Install.this Is Not A Job For The Weak At Heart Or The Non Mechanical Type Or Bad Nerves(what A Pita):d They Are On And Look Pretty Good.the One Problem I Have Is One Of The Tabs On The Bottom(the Ones That Draw The Pipes To The Collectors)is Not In A Good Line.i Am Relocating It Today.all In All It Wasnt To Bad....just Takes Time To Get Everything Lined Up Good.next Step Is To Hook The Headers To The Exhaust.i Made A Pair Of Ss 3" To 2 1/2" Reducers To Do This.i Am Also Installing Hf Cats While I`m At It,keeping The Stock Resonators In Place.i Should Be Done And Crankin Her Up This Week.:drive:
Take Some Pics And Put Them Up

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi