Factory Sirius radio location?

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the factory Sirius radio box located on the 06 coupes? I want to run the artists cable over to it and can't find it.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under the dash to the right of the radio, there is a perfect spot for both the unit and the antennae. The antennae works great from that location. Call Chuck Tator, he's the one that hooked me up with how to do it on my 06. Gave me a step by step.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think the factory ended up shipping any cars with sirius. i believe there was an antenna issue. However, I have been wrong before, and will be again. with that said. get the newest sirius kit, for any dodge product, the box will install above and to the right of the factory radio and the antenna tapes right down to the factory head unit

OP
OP
F

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a factory installed sirius radio. The stations just show up on the radio and I would like for the artist and song title to show up also. I am installing a RB1 unit and saw that this was done before. I just need to know where the sirius box is so that I can change the wiring harness that goes from the box to the radio.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure it is to the right of the radio. My 06 had RB1 with Sirius installed at a dealer to Chuck Tators instructions. I seem to remember that you can't make the artists show up for some reason, at least mine don't. Chuck would know. If you can make them show up let me know how you did it.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my rb1 with sirius had all the artists show up right from the get go after i installed it. I did have a problem with my ipod install as for the artists only showed up when the car was started in ipod mode. i believe that was a product of the ipod however

CuHead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Coupe's factory sirius is located behind the passenger seat underneath the plastic bulkhead cover. It is a very small box, maybe 4 inches square.

I was able to get the RB1, Factory Sirius, iPod and UConnect to work, including the artist/song info for both Sirius and iPod. The information is posted in the "Illustrated Upgrades" section of the forum. It is post number.

I took pictures, but will not be able to post them for a little while. The real trick was NOT using the Artist cable, and using the cable PN 5066203AA instead.

PM me if you have questions.

Good luck!

OP
OP
F

fastfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It works. Just use the cable as CuHEAD described and the artist and song title comes up.

It was just a pain getting to because I basically had to take apart alot of the interior to get to the factory installed sirius box. It was located under the bulkhead cover by the speaker behind the passenger seat.

I ran the cable by the center console up to the radio. There is more than enough cable to do this. The stock cable I just taped up the ends so that it wouldn't rattle around.

Thanks again CuHEAD. Now I have sirius the way it should be.

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, I finished the install a couple hours ago. It was cake except for the fun part of contorting under the glovebox to mount the ipod kit. Works wonderfully. thanks for the tips.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a way to get the factory stereo with factory installed Sirius to display the artist name and track info? I assume the RB1 is not the factory head unit, correct?

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to add Sirius to my factory head unit, but it is not the RB1, it is just the standard unit (I would actually like one for my 05 and 08). Can I still add it?