Fuel up now or get hosed

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I filled up Sunday coming home from a carshow (I was down to a 1/4 tank anyway) at BP for $2.90/gallon. So far gas prices are holding pretty steady, but I expect them to jump this weekend.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday it was the panic in my area.
Some stupid radio stations said that fuel price will go up as high as $6/gal on Friday (it was a joke). Then a stupid gas station owner increased his price to $4.9/gal. It was the panic like in Houston. Some gas station ran out of regular fuel. Now the regular details just $3.36/gal.

I saw on the news that in Toronto the price is $5.51/gal for the regular.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are raising prices here, like the storm hit here or something.

The media starts talking shyt,about how they quess oil will go up,and almost giving the oil companies the thumbs up to start raising prices.

they really eat this panic stuff up, I quess it equals,ratings....

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just filled up all 3 cars, generator, 5 gal gas can, and even the lawnmower. Those ******** will gouge us even if there was no damage after the storm.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't feel bad.... regular gas is "only" 2.74/gallon here in central Arkansas.... sounds great until you go to the pump, and there is no regular gas.

Not a panic, but a demand "BOOM".

All the people clearing out of LA and TX to avoid Rita are cruising up I-30 and have drank all our gas :( Last night on the way home the interstate was bumper to bumper northbound and when I stopped to gas up, every pump at every station had a car filling up.... normal for our little interstate town has 1 or 2 cars at the 12 pump stations (we have 4 station at the interstate exit). When these pumps went dry today, all the locals dried out the other two stations in town :(

Every Hotel from Little Rock South is also full. It looks like Rita is heading our way, and will sit here from Sunday to Wednesday. So if you want a hotel room, gas, and dry weather.... to any of you that have not left yet..... go west, not north.....

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw on the news that in Toronto the price is $5.51/gal for the regular.

Panic set in here in Toronto yesterday when the readio station said that an analyst said gas was going up to CAN$2.00 per litre. The line-ups were quite lengthy yesterday. Today, there wasn't a soul at the pumps and it was CAN$1.04 per litre which works out to $3.36 per gallon.

Coming from someone who is about to pull the trigger on a Viper, the price of gas does come into play somewhat in my pending purchase but that quickly fades away when I come back here to read up on what you guys/gals are doing :)
Santo

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just paid $2.65 to fuel up my daily driver. The gas station was out of regular, so I put mid-grade in it. All other gas stations are $2.70-2.80 for regular so midgrade for $2.65 isnt "bad" at all

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$2.38 to 2.69 in MN today depending on what time of the day and where. We get our supply from Canada vs. LA and TX and the rest of the gulf.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$2.38 to 2.69 in MN today depending on what time of the day and where. We get our supply from Canada vs. LA and TX and the rest of the gulf.

That's nice! :2tu:

Although, gas was $2.00 a few months ago. So it's pretty slick how they have us thinking $2.38 is good! :mad:

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$3.09 for 87 octane and $3.39 for 91 octane in San Jose - just spent $62 to fill up the Durango today, and $45 to fill up the Viper yesterday.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although, gas was $2.00 a few months ago. So it's pretty slick how they have us thinking $2.38 is good! :mad:
Yep, that's the whole point. Another month the hurricane season ends, then prices will settle back some. We'll be grateful to be paying only $.75 more a gallon then in the spring and the oil companies will post record profits again.
Hopefully some day this whole OPEC-BIG OIL price fixing ******** shortage windfall profits will be investigated and the truth be known of the absolutly outrageous gouging being done to the consumer.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how we are talking about 2 something a gallon as if we are getting a deal. 6 months ago we would have been yelling to sell all our Vipers and get Harleys if we heard of 2-3 a gallon.

AC

S

SUN RA KAT

Prices were raised 20 cents here yesterday.

The day before yesterday some of the stations were out of premium.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was sitting at a red light yesterday when a girl at the gas station walked over to the price sign and flipped the $2.69 to $2.59. I was like :2tu:

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Burns my **** to think there are 4 major factors that are destroying this country:
1. Gas -keeps going up and probably will recede some but we will never see $2/gallon gas again. Gas co profits are are at record levels
2. Insurance- I understand when Katrina and Rita were destroying billions, the insurance company stocks were soaring in price. They don't care if they spend $300 billion, $500 billion, etc. They increase our premiums and more than make up for their losses.
3. Health insurance- Its not the docs ripping us off. Its the middle man. MD's now average less than dentists (and I must admit that dentists are seriously underpaid. :laugh: ) They are dictated by the health insurance companies to either accept a certain fee for a procedure or they are off the list. I read in the WSJ that Starbucks is having major problems with health insurance benefits and GM is close to Chapter 7 due to the same problems. The head of Anthem Ins has made HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS due to his **** and pillage of us common folk. And Bush is out there looking like a deer staring into the headlights of a car knowing a wipeout is around the corner.
4. And DC gives us a vette look alike that has a measly 510HP. And then they have the gull to tell us that they listened intently to the members at VOI8 and developed this car based on their comments and they are still patting each other on the back for a job well done. DC must pass me some of the stuff they are smoking as it's clouding their vision.
Rant over, at least I can afford the above and I intend to buy a Gen 3 the same time I get a penis reduction.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fully agree with Gerald. Do you have Assignment of Benefits for dentists in Indiana or does the patient get your insurance payment when you treat (if ever) a patient with an insurance that you don't accept?

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how we are talking about 2 something a gallon as if we are getting a deal. 6 months ago we would have been yelling to sell all our Vipers and get Harleys if we heard of 2-3 a gallon.

AC

I'd rather walk than ride a Harley.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang