Get more boost from your Roe Blower!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny, I'm going to go ahead and make this bold for you, so you don't miss it.

WHY HAVEN'T YOU PACKED THE CAR UP AND SENT IT BACK TO MACEDO YET?

FREE SHIPPING TO AND FROM AND A GUARANTEE OF A WORKING PRODUCT?

WHY ARE YOU WASTING TIME POSTING ON THE BOARD? YOU SHOULD BE GETTING THE CAR INSIDE THE TRUCK.

There are parts to this that you are failing to mention. If you're going to be airing this in a public forum, give everyone all of the details. Right now, Macedo has the upper hand here. He has stayed quiet and has offered to pay to make the car right for you.

It's probably in your best interest to either clear the air totally or stop posting. Half-assing it is just making your position worse.

EDIT: To clarify, I am not supporting Macedo here. His company IS responsible for the end product after agreeing to take the main role in the project. They need to make the car right, at no further cost to you, in whatever capacity that entails, whether it be install an AEM or anything else.

But you seem to be rehashing what is essentially a sunk cost and cannot be changed. Work with your new constraints - that is, get the car back to Macedo (on their dime) and expect a 110% product when it returns. But stop talking about what emails have already been sent - move forward and get the car finished!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say get the car to FL, let Larry retune it, if it doesnt return in perfect running condition, hop in your DD and drive to your attorney's office. Then take Viper to another tuner (Joe Donovan) and keep your receipt. Ask for those charges in your lawsuit.

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simms, I don't necessarily agree about the original tuner thing, if the tuner is asking Kenny to spend another dime to make it right. As I said before, the car should go back to Larry, or Larry should go to Kenny at no expense to Kenny and the car should be made to run correctly.

I agree. Larry has offered to resolve the situation with him paying for all labor and tuning costs. He is only asking Kenny to pay for the AEM, which he is recommending to make the low speed drivablility the best it can be. He is trying to fix the situation by mailing cards back and forth for the VEC2 without even going to the AEM. But as stated before, it took an AEM from another tuner to get a car with a very similar build to work.

Is he willing to pay to ship the car there and back? Is he still wanting 4500 for the AEM???? Or is he gonna try to tune the VecII?

1. YES!!!! Transprotation to and from Larry for FREE. Aug 5 offer was made. It then was turned down not once but several times. He had the option up to 7:00 pm Monday Aug. 21 -- Info from transportor.

2. $28,000 was not just for the heads,cam, and tuning. It also includes motor rework to change pistons in a creampuff motor, extreme up graded to fuel system, roll bar, ect. -- Info from Kenny.

3. AEM system installation not required but only an option --- Info from Kenny

4. Tuner not test driving car was because he did not have a plate. Copies of plates and registration does not make it with most cops. --- Kenny stated that he knew this and it was not a problem with him and it could be worked out. Just one question, what was so hard about sending the plates in the first place.

5. Having someone work on and fix a warrenty problem with out giving the orginal supplier a chance to fix the problem. Tough luck with this one here, most judges will not find for the plaintiff without giving the supplier a chance to fix it or correct the problem.--- Info personal experiance.

At this point I hope the problem it is not a simple fix. For if it is a simple thing like broken wire or a loose connector. There will crow to be eaten.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

Quote:

Simms, I don't necessarily agree about the original tuner thing, if the tuner is asking Kenny to spend another dime to make it right. As I said before, the car should go back to Larry, or Larry should go to Kenny at no expense to Kenny and the car should be made to run correctly.

I agree. Larry has offered to resolve the situation with him paying for all labor and tuning costs. He is only asking Kenny to pay for the AEM, which he is recommending to make the low speed drivablility the best it can be. He is trying to fix the situation by mailing cards back and forth for the VEC2 without even going to the AEM. But as stated before, it took an AEM from another tuner to get a car with a very similar build to work.

Is he willing to pay to ship the car there and back? Is he still wanting 4500 for the AEM???? Or is he gonna try to tune the VecII?

1. YES!!!! Transprotation to and from Larry for FREE. Aug 5 offer was made. It then was turned down not once but several times. He had the option up to 7:00 pm Monday Aug. 21 -- Info from transportor.

2. $28,000 was not just for the heads,cam, and tuning. It also includes motor rework to change pistons in a creampuff motor, extreme up graded to fuel system, roll bar, ect. -- Info from Kenny.

3. AEM system installation not required but only an option --- Info from Kenny

4. Tuner not test driving car was because he did not have a plate. Copies of plates and registration does not make it with most cops. --- Kenny stated that he knew this and it was not a problem with him and it could be worked out. Just one question, what was so hard about sending the plates in the first place.

5. Having someone work on and fix a warrenty problem with out giving the orginal supplier a chance to fix the problem. Tough luck with this one here, most judges will not find for the plaintiff without giving the supplier a chance to fix it or correct the problem.--- Info personal experiance.

At this point I hope the problem it is not a simple fix. For if it is a simple thing like broken wire or a loose connector. There will crow to be eaten.

Who was the transporter???

S

SUN RA KAT

Larry never requested anything more than what I had supplied him. I would have been glad to have shipped him the plate if he had told me what I had sent to him was not enough. I think a little more communication from Larry would have been in order. He did thank me for what I did send him, but he never mentioned that he needed more from me in his email, nor in subsequent emails.

My engine was supposed to have beeen started April 6th and the plates did not expire until April 30th.

S

SUN RA KAT

I was only made aware of free transportation of my car to Larry's.

I was only aware I had to find my own way there at my expense, motel at my expense, gas at my expense, loss of pay from missing work at my expense to pick up my car when it was finished being tuned.

If the transportation included a free tow back, then I apologize and feel like a fool.

S

SUN RA KAT

No one wants to get into this situation - neither myself nor Larry.

I guess I will need to request a written warranty from Larry as I have not recieved one yet. Thanks for reminding me.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was only made aware of free transportation of my car to Larry's.

I was only aware I had to find my own way there at my expense, motel at my expense, gas at my expense, loss of pay from missing work at my expense.

If the transportation included a free tow back, then I apologize and feel like a fool.

I don't recall reading anything saying that the transporting of the car was "There and Back"

Kenny who was the Transporter? Was it a national company??

S

SUN RA KAT

I don't recall reading anything saying that the transporting of the car was "There and Back"

The Transporter was newredrt10, who I would have no problems with him transporting my Viper. He is a fellow Viper owner and a real gentleman to offer to transport my car in the first place.

If I had known he was going to wait until Larry finished retuning my Viper and tow it back, or even drive it back and tow his Viper that he was picking up, I would have gladly thanked him and Larry for finally getting my Viper completed and returned at no more cost to me. Except, I would have taken Bill (newredrt10) out to any restauant of his choice. And I would be posting testimonials of Larry's brilliance at tuning my Viper with the VEC2.

S

SUN RA KAT

Yes, that is me!

That was my exhibition run trying to make sure I wouldn't blow any more fuses during the run.

Yes, it sounds awesome and Larry's Special M2 Tune VEC2 card made lots more power than the track could take.

Unfortunately, the latest tune is undrivable, with extreme surging and bucking, constant backfiring, and barely gets up to 40 MPG at half throttle. :crazy:

Thanks for posting my run, Superdavz! :2tu:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
11.97 at 123 sure does not seem like 700 hp. Also saw lots of black smoke at the shift points. Running rich?

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, that is me!

That was my exhibition run trying to make sure I wouldn't blow any more fuses during the run.

Yes, it sounds awesome and Larry's Special M2 Tune VEC2 card made lots more power than the track could take.

Unfortunately, the latest tune is undrivable, with extreme surging and bucking, constant backfiring, and barely gets up to 40 MPG at half throttle. :crazy:

That's AWESOME fuel economy! :2tu:

newredrt10

Administrator
Reaction score
Quote:

The Transporter was newredrt10, who I would have no problems with him transporting my Viper. He is a fellow Viper owner and a real gentleman to offer to transport my car in the first place.

If I had known he was going to wait until Larry finished retuning my Viper and tow it back, or even drive it back and tow his Viper that he was picking up, I would have gladly thanked him and Larry for finally getting my Viper completed and returned at no more cost to me. Except, I would have taken Bill (newredrt10) out to any restauant of his choice. And I would be posting testimonials of Larry's brilliance at tuning my Viper with the VEC2.

That is why I said way back when to step back and look at what you were doing. I told you at the track I would help you out in getting the car back.

11.97 at 123 sure does not seem like 700 hp. Also saw lots of black smoke at the shift points. Running rich?

Kenney is new to high hp setups. He also doesn't run his car ****to the ball. When he does learn to handle the HP look out.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I ask nicely, can we close this thread and start a new one? This one hurts my eyes.

Kenny - Maybe you can give us an update Friday afternoon after you've played with the car a little? New thread requested!

JD

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I ask nicely, can we close this thread and start a new one? This one hurts my eyes.

Kenny - Maybe you can give us an update Friday afternoon after you've played with the car a little? New thread requested!

JD

I agree new Thread needed.

S

SUN RA KAT

That was the special for racing M2 Tune. That was the 4th run of the day, the first 2 resulted in blown fuses to the PCM in 4th gear. The 3rd run I was real nervous about driving my car on the track because I didn't expect such problems on the very first two runs of the year and having my car break down twice in a row. I missed 3rd to 4th shift and was real carefull not to over rev the engine in 3rd.

The track officials gave me permission to make another run so I could determine that the 4th gear fuse blowing had been fixed. On this run I granny shifted just to make sure I got all 4 gears and no problems happened through all four gears.

I think Larry has my A/F set at 12:1 - is this too rich?

My first run was 11.9x @ 126. Everyone was disappointed in track conditions.

I was expecting something quite a bit faster myself, though. I wasn't running that much slower last year - 12.3 @ 121 - $28,000 in mods should make more difference than less than half a second and 5 MPH.

S

SUN RA KAT

Yes, that is me!

That's AWESOME fuel economy! :2tu:

If only....sorry...I meant 40 MPH!

S

SUN RA KAT

JD

That would be a good idea - but what shall we name it - "The Neverending Thread"? Please come up with a catchy name.

I hope it will document my car getting finally tuned right, the way it was promised. I should have the cards early tomorrow morning if Larry ships them out on time.

I sure hope my post Friday afternoon involves getting my VEC2 cards back newly tuned, and hopefully tuned so I can actually drive my car instead of the tune I got the last time.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JD

That would be a good idea - but what shall we name it - "The Neverending Thread"? Please come up with a catchy name.

I hope it will document my car getting finally tuned right, the way it was promised. I should have the cards early tomorrow morning if Larry ships them out on time.

I sure hope my post Friday afternoon involves getting my VEC2 cards back newly tuned, and hopefully tuned so I can actually drive my car instead of the tune I got the last time.

So did Macedo change his mind and decide to send your cards back??? I thought Wendy Macedo said she wasn't gonna send them. :confused:

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

:buttkick:

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this thread has started ...

I have upgraded my supercharger = > installed the 8lb pulley.

Wrote two perfect vec2 programs for 91oct fuel and 94oct fuel. My car idle better than before, like because it get a bit more air ....

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Larry never requested anything more than what I had supplied him. I would have been glad to have shipped him the plate if he had told me what I had sent to him was not enough. I think a little more communication from Larry would have been in order. He did thank me for what I did send him, but he never mentioned that he needed more from me in his email, nor in subsequent emails.

My engine was supposed to have beeen started April 6th and the plates did not expire until April 30th.

Plates or no plates.. it still doesn't explain why Kenny'd be billed $1000 or so for break in miles that never happened.

I don't see a tuner not publicly stating his position/solution as 'having an upper hand'.. Seems business-foolish to me.

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JD

I've got a better idea. How about someone add to this thread an advertisement for the VOI brothel and it will be deleted all together! :bonker:

S

SUN RA KAT

JD

So did Macedo change his mind and decide to send your cards back??? I thought Wendy Macedo said she wasn't gonna send them. :confused:

Larry is still working with the cards and won't be sending them out until Monday.

I guess I won't be going to the big car show Saturday. :(

Numbers don't mean a thing if it is undrivable due to a real bad tune.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Working with the cards? Wow, he must be doing all kinds of crazy stuff with them not to have them to you already. The weird thing is, there is not that much to do that doesn't take a few minutes to program up a bunch of cards differently. With the amount of Bad Press this is giving Macedo, you would think he wants this to be over already, but lets not forget, he learned from the best in this department! Sorry, I would say who, but it would only end up as a bunch of ********* anyway. I have heard some decent things over the years, but this gives me that same old feeling I got way back when.

newredrt10

Administrator
Reaction score
Working with the cards? Wow, he must be doing all kinds of crazy stuff with them not to have them to you already. The weird thing is, there is not that much to do that doesn't take a few minutes to program up a bunch of cards differently. With the amount of Bad Press this is giving Macedo, you would think he wants this to be over already , but lets not forget, he learned from the best in this department! Sorry, I would say who, but it would only end up as a bunch of ********* anyway. I have heard some decent things over the years, but this gives me that same old feeling I got way back when.

He tried to end it but Kenny will not let it be done. WHY???? Now Kenny has got an attorney, and we all know how slow things will go now.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Working with the cards? Wow, he must be doing all kinds of crazy stuff with them not to have them to you already. The weird thing is, there is not that much to do that doesn't take a few minutes to program up a bunch of cards differently. With the amount of Bad Press this is giving Macedo, you would think he wants this to be over already , but lets not forget, he learned from the best in this department! Sorry, I would say who, but it would only end up as a bunch of ********* anyway. I have heard some decent things over the years, but this gives me that same old feeling I got way back when.

He tried to end it but Kenny will not let it be done. WHY???? Now Kenny has got an attorney, and we all know how slow things will go now.

Why hasn't Larry just went to Kenny and tuned the car there if that's all that is wrong??? That would have been good customer service. An attempt would have went a long way in showing Kenny that he was serious about getting the car fixed. If that didn't work then bring the car back with him. That is the kind of care a customer deserves. None of this crap would have surfaced.

Newredrt/10 are you the spokesman for Macedo?? Why hasn't he responded since the initial foolish remarks he made towards Johnny Bravo and Kenny??

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny, I saw the video of your car running on Superdavz site and it sounds wicked, lots of cam there. What are the specs on the cam, is it a custom grind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang