Get more boost from your Roe Blower!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SUN RA KAT

Kenny, I saw the video of your car running on Superdavz site and it sounds wicked, lots of cam there. What are the specs on the cam, is it a custom grind?

You'll have to ask Larry what the specs are on the cam. Larry wouldn't tell me what they are...maybe he'll tell you.

S

SUN RA KAT

September 1st will be two whole months since I got a very badly tuned car back and it seems only when it went public at the this site did any quicker service by Larry take place, but he also got upset and slowed and stopped service to make my car right, too.

Let me hold off any more posts here until Larry has either sent me my VEC2 cards back with a drivable program or not. I would like my car made right the way he had promised it would be and I want to give him a chance to keep his reputation.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be nice if you were to get some progress, but what you need is a tuner that isn't jerking you around. Find someone local or get someone to fly up there to spend the little time it should take to try to tune. If there is more to it, then send it to a shop. Perhaps Joe's, just like Larry said. But you've been f*ckin' around with this way too long. dispute the charges, sue the guy, and go get it fixed. then you can sue for what it cost to get it fixed elsewhere as well.

we are talking about a VEC2 program here... this should take seconds, not minutes hours or days to slap together. fed-ex me a card and i'll have 10 new programs for you within 10 minutes. it ain't hard! what is the frikkin' problem here?

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be nice if you were to get some progress, but what you need is a tuner that isn't jerking you around. Find someone local or get someone to fly up there to spend the little time it should take to try to tune. If there is more to it, then send it to a shop. Perhaps Joe's, just like Larry said. But you've been f*ckin' around with this way too long. dispute the charges, sue the guy, and go get it fixed. then you can sue for what it cost to get it fixed elsewhere as well.

we are talking about a VEC2 program here... this should take seconds, not minutes hours or days to slap together. fed-ex me a card and i'll have 10 new programs for you within 10 minutes. it ain't hard! what is the frikkin' problem here?

Simple as that!! :2tu:

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny,

PLEASE buy a copy of the software from Sean Roe and an a/f guage! JD can and has volunteered to email you programs and it can be fixed very quickly. FedEx even takes too long for me! JD has tweaked programs for me several times and always fixes my tuning issues after I add mods. If you have the software, you can spend your time fixing your problems. It will take less time than it does for you to read this post! :bonker:

By the way, anyone interested in hearing about the David Weaver Pulley and getting more boost from your Roe Blower? :confused:

PS- Thanks again JD for all the help you always give me with my car!

Rich

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich,
Get that Boost -a-pump installed on your car so we can finally find out if you're make over 700RWHP! :2tu:

I know, I know. I actually started to do it today and realized I didn't have a relay and was too lazy to go get one! JD and I did at least put on some new half shafts a couple of weeks ago...That's progress considering how often I am out of town.

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
Newredrt/10 are you the spokesman for Macedo?? Why hasn't he responded since the initial foolish remarks he made towards Johnny Bravo and Kenny??
I can't speak for Larry but, I first got into this because Kenny told me one thing to my face and another here on this post, which is the truth I do not know. I was just tring to save Kenny some time and Head ache over this car, because I went through the same problem when I did my car with an other tuner. At that time I found out what you can and can not do when things like this happen. I was also lucky enough to have a freind (not Larry) step in and help get things straighten out with the car and the tuner. (don't ask who the tuner was, its over and correct)

Kenny has now done three things wrong. One is not giving the tuner enough time to correct the problem which he will be required to produce for court. Second is coming to this post before the tuner has tried enough times to correct the problem (how many?? everyone is different and Kenny's has not said what his limit was). So, Not only does this make the tuner mad but it also gives a record of Kenny's statements about the car and his opions of the tuner. This can help his case or hurt it but for now it is a record. (Like the video of him racing the car with all these problems) The third was getting an attorney involed this early in the problem. It causes everything to come to a stop. Now you have two of them looking at everthing, and hold things up until they agree. This might be why the cards are not coming.

With the attorney option played, Kenny may now only have two choices. He can file here in Ohio and get a ruling that can not be collected with out a second hearing in Florida which will need a second attorney, and may or may not supported by Florida court. The second would be to get an attorney in Florida and file there. He will then have to travel several times for hearings in Florida loosing more time than just picking up his car. While all this is going on the car sit or is fixed at a cost that he may or may not collect. (there are a few out there who been here) Kenny had a free ride for his car but choose not to use it. Why? I still do not really understand. (Kenny's Choice)

As for the car I am not sure it is a tuning problem. I was there at the track and saw some of what was going on. I think some thing has gone wrong with the w/a injection system and/or the Vec2. There was a lot of w/a coming out of the air cleaner. I have the same system and but a small amount of running time on it and have not seen anything coming out of my air cleaner. Has anyone else seen w/a leaking, or does Kenny now have a new problem for his list.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets face it, if Larry doesn't step up and make things right, Kenny will be out a bunch of money. He made Larry mad? Who cares, the guy spent $28,000 and doesn't have a finished product. Give me a break with the lawyer, based on what I've read if Larry flew up tomorrow and fixed the car, Kenny would never push it with an attorney. At this point, I also wouldn't be so inclined to send my car away for more time. Newred, maybe you haven't seen how well this board can work when you are not getting what you deserve and you let other people know. Some people do not like to share their experiences and go away quietly and bite the bullet, but the smart ones post it here. If enough people start posting their bad experiences too, the rest of us will be more informed. This board can be a great tool to get what you need. I'm not saying to hold someone ransom using it, but posting first hand experiences with the tuner puts the ball publicly in the tuners court. Look what happened with [******] years ago.
On a side note, I also don't think it's all tuning. I don't know of any tuning issues that would blow a fuse, only throw codes. The car might not have been tuned right, but it also sounds like a short or some other problem. LARRY, step up. If money is the issue, here's my offer. I will contribute $20 to the airfare. I would bet we could find 20 more people here that would do the same to help out Kenny. So Larry, we know you are reading this, why haven't you gone already? I've traveled further for a day just to check out a car for a friend.

S

SUN RA KAT

FYI - I was seeing my lawyer on a totally unrelated matter and I mentioned the problems with my Viper and he offered to make a phone call to try and speed up getting my car tuned right.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there at the track and saw some of what was going on. I think some thing has gone wrong with the w/a injection system and/or the Vec2. There was a lot of w/a coming out of the air cleaner.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Water out of the air box! :eek: :eek: That could occur if the prime switch is on too long. It's not necessary to prime anyway unless the tank ran dry.

With the VEC software you could easily turn off the W/M to see if it's the cause of the other issues.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't even need the VEC2 software changed to turn off the water ****. disconnect pin 5 on the VEC2 harness and the w/m goes away.

and water in the airbox means the person who programmed the VEC2 turned on the W/M too early. easy fix.

newredrt10

Administrator
Reaction score
Lets face it, if Larry doesn't step up and make things right, Kenny will be out a bunch of money. He made Larry mad? Who cares, the guy spent $28,000 and doesn't have a finished product. Give me a break with the lawyer, based on what I've read if Larry flew up tomorrow and fixed the car, Kenny would never push it with an attorney. At this point, I also wouldn't be so inclined to send my car away for more time. Newred, maybe you haven't seen how well this board can work when you are not getting what you deserve and you let other people know. Some people do not like to share their experiences and go away quietly and bite the bullet, but the smart ones post it here. If enough people start posting their bad experiences too, the rest of us will be more informed. This board can be a great tool to get what you need. I'm not saying to hold someone ransom using it, but posting first hand experiences with the tuner puts the ball publicly in the tuners court. Look what happened with [******] years ago.
On a side note, I also don't think it's all tuning. I don't know of any tuning issues that would blow a fuse, only throw codes. The car might not have been tuned right, but it also sounds like a short or some other problem. LARRY, step up. If money is the issue, here's my offer. I will contribute $20 to the airfare. I would bet we could find 20 more people here that would do the same to help out Kenny. So Larry, we know you are reading this, why haven't you gone already? I've traveled further for a day just to check out a car for a friend.

Your right about the board keeping people informed and putting pressure on people. But you have to tell it like it is, not just the parts you want to tell. Also you have to give a person a chance before blasting him, everyone makes misstakes. It is my discussions with Kenny face to face about this, that has gotten me involved. Kenny gave me a different story from what is presented here. As for the attorney is concerned Kenny has played that card.

I know there is a lot of people out there who are willing to help Kenny. That is what the Viper club does the best. When Kenny was at the track for a VCAOH outing, and there were several people tring to help Kenny fix the car, that is what viper owners do. I even offered to take Kenny's car to Larry and back for Free (as a freind to Kenny), but Kenny is so ******* about the car he is seeing only one thing and that is what the cost will be to fix it. Example is his statements about taking time off from work and going to Florida to fix it. He did not hear or understand that he had a free ride for the car there and back. I don't blame him for being upset, I spent the same kind of money on mine and got the same results. But there were people that stepped in for me and kept it from getting out of hand. Kenny has the same kind of help if he would just use it, and as far as I know no one has said he has to spend a dime.

Last: I think you maybe right about not being a tuning issue. If the pump control for the w/a injection shorted out and is always pumping w/a might explain the way the car is running. As my system was being tuned, and too much w/a was put into the motor, it ran very much like Kenny is described his is running. The only way to know for sure is to get it looked at.

If Kenny is reading this maybe he should check his oil and see if there is water in it. If the oild is milky looking do not drive or start it.

S

SUN RA KAT

If Kenny is reading this maybe he should check his oil and see if there is water in it. If the oild is milky looking do not drive or start it.

Thanks, Bill - I'll check my oil.

The 1st tune that came with my car July 1st used less than a quart of water methanol in 550 miles.

The 2nd tune used about 2 quarts in less than 250 miles. This was still less than the tune Sean Roe had done tuning it by reports to him and sending VEC2 cards back and forth previous to Larry working on it. The same driving conditions would have used up the 2.5 gallon tank - which is why I had Larry put in a second Roe tank.

The pump for the water methanol is behind the passenger side rear tire. The pump under the leak where the injector goes into the smooth tube is an electric vacuum pump for crankcase ventilation.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mean to chuckle, but you want to call this a "street car" that is a "daily driver", but you have a roll bar and not one but TWO water-**** bottles.

Just checking... I mean chuckling...

JD

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is your **** set to come on under load/boost? If you are using that much in such a short time, then you either have a lead foot or their is something activating the **** injection at all times. Man over two gallons of ****...I havent used 10 gallons in two years. I purchased a check valve for my kit manufacturer because of the possibility of the motor under vacuum to "leak" **** into the intake. That would cause a great deal of bucking and surging as the motor would be taking in a great deal of fuel that wasn't being commanded by the computter. Could that be happening in your car?

S

SUN RA KAT

I don't mean to chuckle, but you want to call this a "street car" that is a "daily driver", but you have a roll bar and not one but TWO water-**** bottles.

Just checking... I mean chuckling...

JD

The roll bar was put in based on the promise of "at least the high 700's in power". My local dragstrip actually follows the NHRA rules.

S

SUN RA KAT

Is your **** set to come on under load/boost? If you are using that much in such a short time, then you either have a lead foot or their is something activating the **** injection at all times. Man over two gallons of ****...I havent used 10 gallons in two years. I purchased a check valve for my kit manufacturer because of the possibility of the motor under vacuum to "leak" **** into the intake. That would cause a great deal of bucking and surging as the motor would be taking in a great deal of fuel that wasn't being commanded by the computter. Could that be happening in your car?

The water methanol only comes on under load/boost.

While doing the engine break in I was varying RPM and load to the engine quite a bit. After the first retuning where Larry lowered the threshold for load/boost to back where it came on with the Sean Roe water methanol tune.

If I drove in a sporting fashion before, then I would use about one Roe 2.5 gallon bottle per tank of gas.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny do you have the W/M light installed? The pump is speed controlled by the VEC so under light loads the LED can hardly be detected.
2.5 gal per tank of fuel sounds excessive. I was using the same until I found a leak at the pump fittings. Green puddle on the garage floor near the right rear tire was the clue.

newredrt10

Administrator
Reaction score
The 2nd tune used about 2 quarts in less than 250 miles. This was still less than the tune Sean Roe had done tuning it by reports to him and sending VEC2 cards back and forth previous to Larry working on it. The same driving conditions would have used up the 2.5 gallon tank - which is why I had Larry put in a second Roe tank.
Kenny are you saying that There was some tuning done to the vec2 before Larry got into the tuning issues. Have Sean and Larry talked about what was changed. I think the w/a system that Larry installs has some changes made to it from the standard setup, but I do not know if the changes effect the operation but they both should be talking to each other about what was done.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't even need the VEC2 software changed to turn off the water ****. disconnect pin 5 on the VEC2 harness and the w/m goes away.

and water in the airbox means the person who programmed the VEC2 turned on the W/M too early. easy fix.

BUT, you better not get into boost ;)
I think the software change post was talking about installing a non W/M tune....not just turning it off.

The purge could be the reason for water in the airbox when the nozzles are before the throttle bodies.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is really WAY out of control and the sad thing is most people don't even know the whole story.

The car should have been put on that trailer and it would be getting fixed properly as we speak. Free shipping, free tuning, and free labor was offered.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any ROE cars out there running the AEM? I believe 1Tony1 tried one briefly but went back to the VECII.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any ROE cars out there running the AEM? I believe 1Tony1 tried one briefly but went back to the VECII.

Mine will be back on the AEM soon and for good. The only reason I changed back was that when I finally figured out why it wouldn't tune properly is that I had some autocrossing to do and no more time to play. The reason it would not tune was that the o2 calibration was wrong. How I got that calibration I have no clue.

I know for sure of another Roe car cam/very high flowing heads with an AEM and I think Weaver may have a few running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang