Good GTS for sale on classifieds cheap!!!

BLEBYU

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ad Information
Category: New/Pre-Owned GTS's Subcategories: '98 GTS Price 46500.00 Year 1998 Model GTS Coupe Mileage 22750 Interior Color Black leather Accessories A/C For Sale By VCA Member
Description
This GTS is Priced to sell!! It is a very nice car. It is a red car, no stripes, black interior. The car was bought new by a local vca member, and it was traded in sat. on a new srt-10. This car has been well cared for. Most of what has been done, was by us. I have known the car since new. The car has a few upgrades. It has a short shifter, mgw gas lid, mgw sill plates, the mgw cup holder and mgw valve caps. It also has the carpeted dash cover. The car has a brand new set of tires and a brand new battery. All the service has been done and is up to date. I have both keys, both remotes, and the owners manual. It is a one owner car. It has never been tracked or raced. I have priced this car low to move it. Financing availiable, and we can deliver this car in our enclosed trailer, email or call with questions, ask for Mike 877-755-1751

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounded great till I read about a cup holder! Sorry no cup holders for me (anyway I hear they absorb 16 rwhp)

Bill
(couldn't resist)

OP
OP
B

BLEBYU

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well since I didn't do my home work... I would like to point out that, that car has not got the history of this car and I would bet it is not as nice a car as this one. Not to mention the extras this car has. Also I didn't say I was firm on the price! Either way they are both cheap cars!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
eBay car:
Custom Stereo - personal turnoff
What neanderthal drives a viper withour floormats?
STOCK shifter - too bizarre
Did change out the exhaist - Borla or Mopar based on looks
Missing side sill caps from drivers side - sloppy work
Side seat bolster wear for a low mileage car.
Originally registered as a fleet vehicle - i.e. lease. I dont think folks take as good of care of lease cars - again -personal opinion.

the $1K is looking worse and worse.....

OP
OP
B

BLEBYU

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since I was a slacker, I did my homework on the ebay car. It has not had the frame and crossmember recalls done and it was a lease car, so who knows what's been done there?
all the recalls are done on my car.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I was a slacker, I did my homework on the ebay car. It has not had the frame and crossmember recalls done and it was a lease car, so who knows what's been done there?

That is a fine point to bring up about the recall. At least then as the new owner you are guaranteed it was not done incorrectly! From my prospective once a Dealer gets a hold of the trade in car the only guarantee is the seller lost his shorts on it and the buyer is going to pay way to much for it. This is probably a nice pristine example and hope you get your price as that will keep my cars value higher!!!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is a fine point to bring up about the recall. At least then as the new owner you are guaranteed it was not done incorrectly! From my prospective once a Dealer gets a hold of the trade in car the only guarantee is the seller lost his shorts on it and the buyer is going to pay way to much for it. This is probably a nice pristine example and hope you get your price as that will keep my cars value higher!!!

That is real general.....I just traded my 2001 rt/10 on the SRT10 and came out better than selling it out right...tax savings etc. The price that is now on the RT/10 is fair and comparable (or cheaper) than similar cars. Don't automatically assume everybody is getting screwed because they went through a dealer...because if you do, in many cases.....you will be wrong. I guess all the happy used Viper buyers from Woodhouse, Ringgold, Roanoke, etc. that were very happy with their deals really got screwed and just don't know it. :rolleyes:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And...I just went and looked at the other 98 GTS's on the VCA classifieds......you negative guys are right....buy this car and you are surely screwed. It's probably been totalled before because it's the lowest price...NOT...DO "YOUR" HOMEWORK

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have bought 2 vipers from MIKE WITH NO PROBLEMS. ONE WAS SIGHT UNSEEN. he said if it wasn't like he said i could send it back. this guy is straight tells the truth and gives you a good deal without the hassle of going back n forth. i could care less how much someone makes on the deal as long as i get what was told and i am happy. i will buy many vipers from Mike. I dont have time to look just call him and he will look for you. can't beat it!!!

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A leased Viper is a big turn-off. Not to mention I would not trust 99% of dealers when they say, 'like new'. Also, the dealers that sell cars on EBAY know the auction market is 'price driven', and usually purchase cars with a story - because the purchase price is much lower. Many times they are purchased at dealer auctions, and who knows what the car has been through.... If you really begin to dig, you can usually discover 'a story'. They know most people don't, and are willing to take the chance for a few thousand dollars in savings.

Personally, I would much rather spend a few extra grand and get a Viper from the original or second owner, with all the service documentation. The only dealers I would even consider are the ones with great reputations among VCA members.

What's that saying, "BUYER BEWARE!"

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
eBay car:
Custom Stereo - personal turnoff
What neanderthal drives a viper withour floormats?
STOCK shifter - too bizarre
Did change out the exhaist - Borla or Mopar based on looks
Missing side sill caps from drivers side - sloppy work
Side seat bolster wear for a low mileage car.
Originally registered as a fleet vehicle - i.e. lease. I dont think folks take as good of care of lease cars - again -personal opinion.

the $1K is looking worse and worse.....

Agreed. Buyer Beware!

alabamaacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RE: Ringgold Viper
I know this car and it's a nice one! One owner with no hard driving.
Any of you folks contemplating purchase, you will be happy with Ringgold. No run-around and you won't beat the deals!