Just purchased my first Viper!!

OP
OP
I

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BTW, what are your recommendations for tires? This is a car that will maybe see 4000 miles a year max. I see a lot of people buy Michelin PS2's. What about the Kumho Ecsta XS's? The only mods that will be done to the car are wheel/tires (eventually), smooth tubes, filters. It already has Corsa exhaust, but I'm unsure if the cats have been replaced(will do if not already done). Who sells cat delete pipes?

I want to keep this a nice car with minor reversible mods. I'm not going with FI, already been down that nightmare before (endless money pit)

Last edited:

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, your car looks great. I am a new owner myself and relocating to Miami in about two months. We will definitely have to get together to hit some local VCA events.

Craig

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the VOI?

Viper Owner's Invitational

It's in Charlotte this year from 9/27-30. Happens every two years and it's AWESOME (from what I hear!). More info to come but it's the main reason I joined VCA - Hope to see you there (if your car makes it to you in one piece, that is!!) :D

Take care, enjoy the car, and be safe!

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great, one of my favorite color combos that in person even looks better than pics. It looks like it has a silver emblem on the front, I believe it should be a blue one.

OP
OP
I

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great, one of my favorite color combos that in person even looks better than pics. It looks like it has a silver emblem on the front, I believe it should be a blue one.

I'm not sure. They made this color in 99 as well, so I wonder if that is a difference between them.

OP
OP
I

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I actually found some pics of more 98's like mine. They have the gray Sneaky Pete on the front as well. The 99's appear to have the blue emblem