Just Totaled My Viper

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might still be in shock but I just totaled my viper 1 hour ago. I am fine but I did hit
a telephone pole head on. I am at home but the wife is worried because my face is
swollen on the right side. I can only tell you all I feel very lucky to be alive right now.
I post this just to tell all of you TO BE VERY CAREFULL in this cool climate. I just had
reached a top of a hill when I had numerous deer in the road ahead of me. I **** to the left and started to zig zag , it was horrible. My last site before I hit the pole was
the car sliding into it at a direct impact on the drivers door, at the last possible moment
I turned the wheel to the left and hit it head on. I cant believe I'm alive. I will post pic's
soon of the car and where it happen.

PLEASE BE CAREFULL GUYS.

WANTED

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, go get checked out just to be sure! Sorry to hear about the car. The silver lining in this is now is a great time to be a buyer if you decide to hop in another Snake, which I'm sure you will :) Good luck with everything!

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So sorry to hear BUT glad you are ok....You should really go get checked out to be on the safe side almost 2 years to the date I totaled my 02 RT/10 and I know exactly how you feel and you step back and see whats really important in your life and that is your LOVE ONES/FRIENDS...Adrian

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear what happened, I can empathize with you as I was in an accident in cold weather just over a year ago.

Get checked out but the most important thing is that you are alive.

-Pete

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey wanted...Sorry for you bro...I wrecked my 99 viper and then a year later my 2003 viper..I too was in shock for the first 24 hours...It's so hard seeing your car like that but then so lucky to be alive..

I hit the 2003 head on into a highway medium at 60 mph..Very Scary and completely changed my driving habits...

The good news is that the insurance gave me top dollar for my 99 rt10 Viper two years ago...It had 26K miles and they gave me 42K for it...On the other hand the same insurance company only gave me 47K for my wrecked 2003 Viper a year later....

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My last site before I hit the pole was
the car sliding into it at a direct impact on the drivers door, at the last possible moment
I turned the wheel to the left and hit it head on. I cant believe I'm alive. I will post pic's
soon of the car and where it happen.

Looks like you saved your own life... good for you! :2tu:

Definitely go get checked out... glad you're alive. I don't feel so bad watching Ab kill deer now :smirk:

red98RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also glad to hear you're doing OK. If you have facial swelling, you probably need to get a CT scan to make sure you don't have any swelling or bleeding in the brain. It isn't as uncommon as you might think.....we see it all the time.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang man this sux, hope you get checked out and get a clean bill of health, whats worst my wife was standing beside me when I clicked on this thread now she wants my viper to go:smirk::nono:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SO sorry to hear this, I always liked your Graphite RT10. :(

I hope you feel better soon and are able to find a suitable replacement before too much of the driving season is lost.

I hear this is going around, both you and Matt Lauer hit a deer this week only Matt was on a bike. :D :lmao: :rolaugh:

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sux, but it sounds as if you are OK - Which is good! :2tu:

The car can be replaced, just like mine is going to be.

Not to Threadjack, but my 108 mile '08 went to the Dodge dealer this week and they wrecked it. Not totaled, but bad enough. Now it looks as if they'll be getting me a new one.

Like you said - Be Careful!!

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about that. I just got home from taking my daughter out to dinner in the Viper and I had a couple deer run out in front of me - scary stuff.

I hope you're alright - you can always buy another car.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most important thing is you are OK. The Viper can be replaced. Deer are a real variable that can happen to anybody so don't beat yourself up too much over the accident.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude?! GET YOURSELF CHECKED OUT BY A DOCTOR AND NOT A QUACK!!!

That being said, glad you're ok. Be safe, and relax a bit.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad I checked my messages. Talked to Tom and he is doing fine. He promises he will go to Dr's tomorrow after son's baseball games.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Dang Tom.. that sux !
deer have it in for Vipers !
no foolin around.. after that - Doctor !
Have been t-boned twice in Buick and van.. get thee to Doctor !
Glad you turned.. and are ok.

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is this Totaled Viper #2456 or #2457 i lost track

So everyone here always says that Vipers are a real drivers car, and if it goes wrong its the drivers fault....So why did he hit the pole, was it the un-contolable viper or is he just a bad driver?

Im kindof thinking it was the cars fault, i mean i gotta be honest these "totaled Viper - almost died" threads kindof get old

sparks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do you mean... sounds like a slam ? truth be told, 95% of us cannot push these cars to there full potential or even close . Its usually driver fault, but it doesnt have to b thrown in his face......

Last edited:

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So sorry to hear but glad you are up and about. Sounds quite scary. Post picks when you have a chance and get checked/pay attention to how you fell.

Great time to get a new snake though.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
got to be careful about head injuries, don't forget what just happened to that actress. As for the Viper, it could be worse, life happens. If you drive any car on any road you always take a chance that something could happen. But for everyone this should just be another reminder that no matter how good a driver you are or think you are, sometimes thing happen outside your control. Glad your ok but your going to get a spanking for wrecking a Viper.:nono:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are O.K. !

That's most important.

Everything else will fall into place, even another snake.

Tell us more about the accident. You say cold climate....

Cold roads. Wet? Tires? New? Old ones?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is this Totaled Viper #2456 or #2457 i lost track

So everyone here always says that Vipers are a real drivers car, and if it goes wrong its the drivers fault....So why did he hit the pole, was it the un-contolable viper or is he just a bad driver?

Im kindof thinking it was the cars fault, i mean i gotta be honest these "totaled Viper - almost died" threads kindof get old
So, "boy"... I think you need to go back to the Vette boards where you'll fit in better with the secretaries and grannies... no offense to Vette owners who aren't secretaries or grannies. :D

A "Driver's car" means that control is COMPLETELY in the hands of the driver... or as much as legally possibly. It does NOT mean it drives itself like a Lexus with the help of computers. Therefore, every little mistake CAN produce a catastrophic result. If you can't stomach that, go play somewhere else. With practice, every positive result is your own accomplishment, but the flip side is every error is also your own fault.

In this particular case, a deer running in front of you can cause the best car and most skilled driver to crash... especially on a cold day and cold tires. Do you think the most nannied car can defy physics and magically avoid the deer in slippery conditions? These cars are buckin' broncos, not tame little ponies. You drive it expecting a level of danger, and to master it can make you legendary... thats why driving it near its limit is such a thrill.

It's the difference between jumping out of an airplane and jumping off a curb. Perhaps you don't quite know that difference. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang