Just Totaled My Viper

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSr boy, you really are a tool. shut up, grow up, read more & learn....

wanted, sorry to hear this, hang in there. keep us posted on how it goes wih the insurance and all, its something we can all learn from

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your accident Tom. Sometimes things just happen the way they do, no second guessing necessary here. I hope you recover quickly in every possible way.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well What did the Doc say!!!!!!!?????????

Good to see you are typing after somthing like that....

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, "boy"... I think you need to go back to the Vette boards where you'll fit in better with the secretaries and grannies... no offense to Vette owners who aren't secretaries or grannies. :D

A "Driver's car" means that control is COMPLETELY in the hands of the driver... or as much as legally possibly. It does NOT mean it drives itself like a Lexus with the help of computers. Therefore, every little mistake CAN produce a catastrophic result. If you can't stomach that, go play somewhere else. With practice, every positive result is your own accomplishment, but the flip side is every error is also your own fault.

In this particular case, a deer running in front of you can cause the best car and most skilled driver to crash... especially on a cold day and cold tires. Do you think the most nannied car can defy physics and magically avoid the deer in slippery conditions? These cars are buckin' broncos, not tame little ponies. You drive it expecting a level of danger, and to master it can make you legendary... thats why driving it near its limit is such a thrill.

It's the difference between jumping out of an airplane and jumping off a curb. Perhaps you don't quite know that difference. :rolleyes:

Well said. Be well Tom.
Craig

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this can happen to Wanted...it can happen to any one of us. He has more "stick and rudder" time behind the wheel that I could ever hope to get. Like Big-N and other have posted...SO GLAD to hear about this from Wanted himself vice a news clipping. Just need the medical update....

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is this Totaled Viper #2456 or #2457 i lost track

So everyone here always says that Vipers are a real drivers car, and if it goes wrong its the drivers fault....So why did he hit the pole, was it the un-contolable viper or is he just a bad driver?

Im kindof thinking it was the cars fault, i mean i gotta be honest these "totaled Viper - almost died" threads kindof get old

Wow... are you serious??? I would think "deer in the middle of the road" would have gave it away. Yes it is a tough car to drive to get the performance out of it. But just every day driving or cruising around (which sounds like what he was doing)its like any other car. If you are tired of hearing these threads and this is all you can write... then sell your car, buy a Honda, and go to their forum. :2tu:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, sorry to hear about this. Definitely have been down that road except I hit the light pole on the passengers side wheel. Cold moist weather ***** for any car.

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you made it. Hope things work out and ya get another snake you can love. Must add to the chorus...pls see a doc.

Deer are running rampant in NJ, literally herds of them. It's an outrage how many I encounter on the road. Scariest is when riding a motorcycle. But hunting is restricted and we wait for bambi birth control medication to be perfected.

I need to move south. :usa:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom -

Glad your ok. The car can be replaced with an 08 which you'll drive stock into the 10's. Your knoggin'... not so easily replaceable.

The day or two AFTER a wreck hurts the most. Like everyone else has said, i don't care if you have no insurance or the best insurance... go to a doc-in-the-box (a local urgent care center) and get checked out. or an ER if they don't have any. Consider it cheap insurance.

Joseph

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To everyone thanks for the kind replies and concern of my health. My next door neighbor
is a ER doctor and he did check me over. I did not pass out which he was most concerned
about. I am sore and still shaking about what might have happen, it was real close
to being a done deal. I was less then a mile from home. A number of my neighbors
came upon the accident and were very helpfull. They also called my wife for me as
I could not find my phone in the car. She showed up with my 9 year old (couldn't leave
him home alone) and was very supportive. The police did not charge me with anything
nor did they even have me sign anything. The airbag did burn my face but nothing
real bad. I will be posting pics shortly and you will see the airbag and seatbelt SAVED
MY LIFE. Again thanks all it's great to have the viper community behind me, you all
are the best.:2tu:

WANTED

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you are okay. ***** that the car got smashed.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and finding a new car.:2tu:

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tom...glad to hear you are OK. Sorry about the accident tho. We've had our car out once so far, but worry about the deer in these hills of PA as well.

We know how much you enjoyed your graphite Viper and we hope to see you in Carlisle with a new Viper. But if you're unable to come in a Viper, just come to Carlisle to socalize with your Viper friends. Everyone will be glad to see that you are alive and well. :)

Everyone...heed Tom's warning...DRIVE CAREFULLY!

Denny & Ginger

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This story makes me sad but I'm very glad to hear that you are ok!

sparks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, sorry for jumpin' on viper boys ***,but he just pissed me off. Even though I have a cobra and not a viper it also a handfull to drive. V-Boy, stick to computors and getting threw puberty...Big people dont need kids telling them what they did or didnt do wrong. Driving fast cars is diff than playing mario cart on your wii game.....

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you saved your own life... good for you! :2tu:

Definitely go get checked out... glad you're alive. I don't feel so bad watching Ab kill deer now :smirk:

So, "boy"... I think you need to go back to the Vette boards where you'll fit in better with the secretaries and grannies... no offense to Vette owners who aren't secretaries or grannies. :D

A "Driver's car" means that control is COMPLETELY in the hands of the driver... or as much as legally possibly. It does NOT mean it drives itself like a Lexus with the help of computers. Therefore, every little mistake CAN produce a catastrophic result. If you can't stomach that, go play somewhere else. With practice, every positive result is your own accomplishment, but the flip side is every error is also your own fault.

In this particular case, a deer running in front of you can cause the best car and most skilled driver to crash... especially on a cold day and cold tires. Do you think the most nannied car can defy physics and magically avoid the deer in slippery conditions? These cars are buckin' broncos, not tame little ponies. You drive it expecting a level of danger, and to master it can make you legendary... thats why driving it near its limit is such a thrill.

It's the difference between jumping out of an airplane and jumping off a curb. Perhaps you don't quite know that difference. :rolleyes:

right on both posts :2tu:

head on in these cars definitely better than t-boned

tom's post kept me home last night (also ticket writing cops all over the place these days)

get well soon tom

peace

edit: just saw the pics on the other thread.....wow!!! glad you are (relatively) unhurt

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, im not surpised i got a flamming "**** you" response that had nothing to do with my statement. None of you want to put a life saving feature in the Viper, because it is "un-cool", i think safety is more important. Reguardless of what im saying, i think ADULTS should argue in a civilized manner, oviously that cant happen on this forum. A post suggesting that the Viper should be more safe should not be met with flamming nasty words. Needless to say i dont think ill be coming back to these forums, i hope attitides like that dont represent the rest of the Viper community

Glad you are ok WANTED

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, im not surpised i got a flamming "**** you" response that had nothing to do with my statement. None of you want to put a life saving feature in the Viper, because it is "un-cool", i think safety is more important. Reguardless of what im saying, i think ADULTS should argue in a civilized manner, oviously that cant happen on this forum. A post suggesting that the Viper should be more safe should not be met with flamming nasty words. Needless to say i dont think ill be coming back to these forums, i hope attitides like that dont represent the rest of the Viper community

Glad you are ok WANTED
What's "un-cool" is in light of a GOOD driver with a SAFE car gets in an ACCIDENT from a deer running in front of it, you go and question the man's ability and/or his car's safety. Nice to see you wish him well after insulting him. :rolleyes:

Why don't we just ban every car and rely on public transportation packed in styrofoam for that added safety? The Viper is safer than most cars... as demonstrated by this accident. Driver walked away intact. There is nothing inherently unsafe about a Viper... if you drive it within its limits and understand vehicle dynamics. Operate ANY machinery without understanding its limits will usually screw you.

It was just tactless to bring up this uneducated opinion in this thread. Clearly a deer running in front of you suddenly under those conditions had no influence on how safe/unsafe a Viper is. NO car could have avoided that. But I'd bet Tom would have been a lot worse off if he was in a SMART car. :rolleyes:

Habu

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wanted,

Glad you are okay, but sorry to here about your loss:(. Making it through a herd of deer is amazing in its self, why does it always seem that some sort of pole ends up in the way to ruin your day. Of all the space in between poles, it seems all cars, not just Vipers, are attracted to them. I hope you get to feeling better soon and get a fair price for your Viper from your insurance company.

Habu

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tom,

Keep us all posted and sure wouldn't hurt to go in for x-rays and a real check up. You are Wanted , and that would be at the Dr.'s office, as we Want you to be cleared and taken care of.

Hang in there and make sure you let us know results!:2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,
Keep us all posted and sure wouldn't hurt to go in for x-rays and a real check up. You are Wanted , and that would be at the Dr.'s office, as we Want you to be cleared and taken care of.
Hang in there and make sure you let us know results!:2tu:

DITTO...'Wanted', tho your ER doc neighbor 'checked you out', you really need to ASAP get a CT/MRI of your head.
You may feel okay, but it can't hurt to get the all-clear.
Symptoms can occur days, even weeks later after a head injury. I'm so sorry about your awesome Viper, but I'm VERY glad you seem to be okay...we'd all feel aLOT better (as well as your wife and son, I bet) if you'd GO get to the hospital and get the scans.
ALL my best~~~juli

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang