My dreams of owning a Viper... Crushed today with a 20 min test-drive!

ASASN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your right SNAKBIT.....I don't get it!

cratica.....fantasy world??

Continue to be close-minded.....it a shame you never learn anymore! I saw a Cobra with $1000 in mods running 11.60's, up at Beech Bend the nite before VOI.....it was bustn' a$$ on Viper and Vette alike!!
I formed my opinion of the Viper by owning it, bought one cause of the "hooplah" that surrounded it and just ended up being disappointed.....Dodge even admitted it was "just a V8 with two more cylinders added too it!"! Maybe the truck motor comment was a little much.....well not really!!
Not all Vipers run in the same, neither do all Vettes....but, head too head matches i've seen, on a track (1/4 mile), same time, same place...the cars ran pretty much heads up! I'm sure drivers had alot too do with it, I'm referring to Joe & Jane, people who actually own these cars...not someone that makes a living doing it!!

Like you said....you're close-minded on the issue and that's that! But too call the Viper the KING of the road.....now that's "fantasy land" for ya!!
No more research needed....well, maybe some....I haven't had the chance to drive a new SRT, but I plan too! Maybe this generation is better than the last, if it's better than the last, I'll say it....I do hear the brakes are awesome, but I'm sure it has it's shortcomings.....as all cars do!

You've said yours, I've said mine.....you're right, I'm right.....I'm wrong, you're wrong.......you and i could go on forever.....so enough!! You enjoy yours and I'll enjoy mine.....just two guys passionate about their respective cars! I love cars and car guys, this is what keeps the intrest in our respective camps....friendly agreements and disagreements...and choice!

With that being said......if you're ever over in my neck of the woods, let me know....
Though it may be beneath you, maybe you'd like too take a ride with me.....just your everyday, run of the mill, plain Jane, docile, ordinary, 800hp Corvette!

Mike P.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike P. - too much use of the letter "o" has clouded your mind..."to" vice "too" is what you need.

OK, spelling police session closed.

It's all good, this car enthusiasm, although I'll never understand the mind of a Chevy guy. Just keep in mind that 63% of brand new 'Vette purchasers are females in their late 40s. So I guess that means I'll never understand the mind of a Chevy Chick ;-)

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey! that's true! Yesterday I went and looked at a '98 Nassau blue vette and it was owned by an older woman! She did have good taste though, the car was beautiful. May buy it.

I agree there are some Chevy guy's that have that mentality. It's brand loyality and it clouds their minds. My relatives up in Oklahoma all own Chevy trucks and they give me crap everytime I visit in something other than a chevy. Funny thing is that they are always working on their trucks. Rarely do they last more than 2 years, 30,000 miles. Blown engines and transmissions constantly. You wouldn't believe the number of engine parts laying around, rear ends, water pumps, trannys, etc... They are VERY tough on their trucks though so most trucks (regardless of brand) would break under these circumstances.

Me personally, I've owned nearly every kind of vehicle and could care less who made it. I don't let brand loyality cloud my mind. The best performing car today is the viper and has been since 1992. Period. That may change when the GT40 comes out. If that happens. I have NO problem stating that and it was a great 12 year run for the King of the road, Viper. Unfortunately, I don't have the funds for the new GT40.

OP
OP
C

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I'm back for some more =) You all act like the vette is a compromise car becuase they engineered some comfort into the car. The Z06 has nothing it doesn't neet short of AC and a stereo (thinner glass and carpet, no power antenna, lighter wheels, no trunk covers, etc).

Also, why is technology being engineered into the car a bad thing if it helps drivers and doesn't add any weight or detract from performance??? I mean look at formula one. Those cars could be raced by wire and have all kinds of computer controls. Are those guys wusses because they don't drive their cars w/ out any help? You're right about the viper having better skid pad numbers, but that's becuase of the larger tires. Watch a SCCA T-1 race and check out the handling of those cars.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just love it when these guys come over here and point out everything they didn't like about the viper, say it was all hype and hoopla, (especially the guys that didn't 'really drive' the viper) it's just a neanderthal vehicle with no creature comforts. Then they wonder why they don't get it...
Pull your head out of your creature-comforted ***,,,,,IT'S A STREET-LEGAL RACE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry,,,,,, i'm done :D

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys can rant on forever, heck you've used 10 pages trying to tell Viper guys how wonderful the Z06 is. Cobra came here originally with a rant about how disapointed he was in his 20 min Viper test drive from whence he made his marvelous driving analysis. Then he did not understand why he was instantly fired upon, kinda like a drunk Iraqi stumbling into the 101st airbornes camp with a grenade in each hand. Then he links to the Corvette forum regarding how he "knew it would pi$$ them off" Then he told us he had linked there and we all went and looked and then proceeded to go to defcon 3, I mean that's what he expected, right? Now he's dragging some more of the usual suspects here to convince us the Z06 is a wonderful car. What all you Vette guys just don't get is that we here are almost universally former or still present Corvette owners. We ALL stepped up to a Viper. That's right stepped UP, in both performance and cost. WE rather than YOU are much better judges of the comparative qualities of both because we have OWNED both. So why would you expect US to listen your misguided ramblings about how good the Z06 is compared to the Viper. YOU'VE only owned one of them. I'll tell ya, it ain't even close! The Z06..nice car, especially for the buck. Viper...KING of the hill. OWN one and then you will know! So far I noticed ONE guy on the thread who owned one and went back.

OP
OP
C

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to church then out ot eat then back here and got an attack of the mod bug... Next time you're going cruising send me a PM or something. Here's what I bought today!

Kooks 1 3/4ths SS headers w/ hi-flow cats
[image]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=16b328a3-1eb3-1898-1eea-739838fc537c&size=[/image]
Goodrich SS brake lines
[image]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=580e5325-3a63-118b-398c-69b02cc311a0&size=[/image]
Flushmount Tailight Kit
[image]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=517e2aa8-75cf-2cd6-4de2-690120aa6c02&size=[/image]

Installing my C5-R lights this week and should be getting this stuff soon! There'll be new pics and dyno numbers to follow!

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys can rant on forever, heck you've used 10 pages trying to tell Viper guys how wonderful the Z06 is. Cobra came here originally with a rant about how disapointed he was in his 20 min Viper test drive from whence he made his marvelous driving analysis. Then he did not understand why he was instantly fired upon, kinda like a drunk Iraqi stumbling into the 101st airbornes camp with a grenade in each hand. Then he links to the Corvette forum regarding how he "knew it would pi$$ them off" Then he told us he had linked there and we all went and looked and then proceeded to go to defcon 3, I mean that's what he expected, right? Now he's dragging some more of the usual suspects here to convince us the Z06 is a wonderful car. What all you Vette guys just don't get is that we here are almost universally former or still present Corvette owners. We ALL stepped up to a Viper. That's right stepped UP, in both performance and cost. WE rather than YOU are much better judges of the comparative qualities of both because we have OWNED both. So why would you expect US to listen your misguided ramblings about how good the Z06 is compared to the Viper. YOU'VE only owned one of them. I'll tell ya, it ain't even close! The Z06..nice car, especially for the buck. Viper...KING of the hill. OWN one and then you will know! So far I noticed ONE guy on the thread who owned one and went back.

Lee....you said it RIGHT....ALL THE TRUTH........ GREAT POST!!!!!!!

YEA I "HAD" 2 VETTES .....I UPGRADED TOO.... AND DUMPED THE VETTES.........SOME VETTE GUYS JUST DONT GET IT

THESE SAME VETTE OWNERS ARE THE ONES WHO PRETEND TO NOT SEE YOU IN YOUR VIPER.....

KING OF THE HILL

VETTE OWNERS DO THE MATH.......2 MILLION VETTES ON THE ROAD...12,000 VIPERS

DUH

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cobra I'm curious as to why you made this original post with all intentions to piss viper guys off on purpose and go back to boast about it on your home forum,,then come back here upset because of the flack you got. I really don't think anyone here is interested in your new pics...

Your welcome here to talk about VIPERS not your vet mods..

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam...very well spoken !

cobra....we all know that you "wanted" a Viper, but for your "many" excuses of reasons...most probable reason the financial aspect.....

BE a sport and try to act your age, and do not boast of vette mods here...we could care less...post on the 2 million vette forums

GIVE IT UP.......... if you do not... it only shows how immature and stupid you really are

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing that I haven't seen (could be hidden deep in the previous pages but I am not going to look for it). That is SOME Vette owners could afford a Viper. ALL Viper owners could afford a Vette. Thus how many Viper owners opted for the Viper because they could not afford the Vette? ZERO. How many Vette owners opted for the Vette because they could not afford a Viper? I would say many based on the Viper envy observed.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THIS IS JUST ANOTHER REASON THAT I FREQUENT THE "OTHER" VIPER SITE MORE OFTEN

Can anyone tell me what good this post is for?

good 4 shi$

OP
OP
C

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posted pics of mods in reference to Vipermad's post. Where were you today? I replied w/ what I did today... that's all. I'm done w/ this thread for good! b/c it's completely off track from my original purpose.

ASASN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snakbit, if you're referring to me, 600 miles was the longest trip I took in the car! I had the car for about 6 months, drove it about 3000 miles...two oils changes, one when I got it, one while I had it!! I drove it long enough and hard enough, to form an educated opinion, for what was best for me!
George....I didn't know I was being graded...sorry!! Funny thing about the statistic you threw up....the original owner of my Viper.....a woman, 46 year old, business exc. in Raliegh N.C.! When i asked her why she was selling the car, she told me, when she'd show up at meetings in the Viper, it intimidated the men!! Just thought that was funny!! Very cool woman....

Look, I've had a Corvette since I was 15 years old, I've been blessed with the good fortune of owning alot of different makes and brands also, for me, the Corvette will always be my sports car of choice!! As the Viper, for most of you guys!
My ZR1 I have...it's bone stock, with 3,045 miles showing, it's 1 of 9 cars made that year! I love this car, sure, there are alot of cars quicker than this car today, but few today can still match it's top-end capability!

We all have the freedom of choice and passion, the right to agree and disagree, debate til we're blue in the face!! In the end, our discussions and actions are what keep the "sports car rivalries" alive!!
And despite our individual weapons of choice.....this is what makes owning "sports cars" so rewarding and so much damn fun!!

Now....everybody go out for a drive!! I know I will.....seeya!!

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ASAN, I as well as all my fellow viper owners here are happy you like what you have and so are we..now if theres nothing more about vipers you wish to discuss other than you choice to not own one you may join your fellow Cobra.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Cobra4B,
Instead of modding your tail end with flush mount lights that I'll never see please change your front lights to a distinct pattern so I know it's you in my VIPER rearview mirror! :headbang:

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't even try Devildog. The street lights are on and I heard Cobra4baby's mom calling.....
He's all tucked into his crib, sucking his thumb by now.

Why do the vette kiddies always try to step up. They know who's KING, and they know that they're playing second fiddle. Damn trolls.

All you vette girlies gotta do is save a little money and you can have a Viper too.

Two suckers have gone to a vette after owning a Viper. Friggin' whimps.
A thousand vette owners have dumped their POS in order to put the Viper in their garages, including me. BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTAND. The C4's including the ZR-1 have got to be the ugliest sport cars on the planet.

If you can't swim don't dive into the shark tank. *********.

ASASN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey choiceViper.....I know one thing, 470 rearwheel ain't gonna cut! You might want to get some more before you start talkng [******]!!!!
I'll be more than happy to dive into the shark tank with you.....anytime!!

One of the *********!!!!

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ASAN, What is your purpose of being here on a viper website period..you are obviuosly not here for viper chats or related issues to vipers..take you two vets and go down the road to the corvette forum where you belong..If you have questions or comments related to viper issues other than backing up your ***** buddy cobra come back and maybe you'll get a different response... This is not a forum for telling us what your car can and cannot do!

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey ASS-ASN. I've got less than $60k invested in the Viper, including 5K+ wheels and tires.

How much dough ya got ******* in that girl car?

Way way more??!! That's what I thought junior....

If I accidentally pulled up next to you in any parking lot in the world, no one would even notice POS vette. You make power, but money can buy nine second riding mowers. You still got a vette. Oh, and I bet that 900hp vette is REAL streetable. :rolleyes:

How many of us viper guys have had people literally hanging out of their cars on the freeway just to get a better look, or click of some pics/video? Many times.

Fool. :rolleyes: