My dreams of owning a Viper... Crushed today with a 20 min test-drive!

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cobra4B, you come over from the corvette forum and spew inflammatory remarks along with negative, boorish opinions about a vehicle we cherish.

This is like going to someone's house and ******** on their floor. You "act" surprised when the folks of this "house" became mildly irritated. Can you really be as ignorant as you come across in your babbling nonsense? You remind me of a dog that vomits and then licks it right back up; much like this dog, you regurgitate matter that no one else cares for except you.

You make a comment about the viper costing $80,000 and equating it to crap. That must be too many coins for your little penny jar. You possess neither the intelligence or the means of which to afford one.

It is truly a sad sign of the times if you are indeed a graduate of the college you mention. They must have looked the other way when you came to town - either that, or it was stupid week at admissions and you were the only one to show up.

Your spelling errors, punctuation errors and the structure of your sentences makes me wonder if you even passed high school, let alone college.

I own a viper and have owned a corvette. I liked the corvette and still do. It has its place like the viper in the auto world. There is room for both. One is a race-inspired car meant for a few and the other one is a car made for the masses... even little grey-haired grandma's. Can you guess which one you have?

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bottom line is that the guys over on the Vette forum would have dog piled in the same manner we did if some Mustang owner posted what a POS the Z06 was.

What did this kid expect ?? Was he coming here hoping that we would agree with him ?? :confused:

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another misinformed-Vette-corrupted-person.....I feel bad for his ignorance. They do make mods (or are planned) to better accomodate a taller person inside the car. Quiet it is, just like the Vette, but with better performance. The car can always be made louder. Both cars do come out of their respective factories needing to pass emissions, so they are both quiet. Z's are OK looking, but lack in everything else. Interior, that is all you need. Maybe he doesn't like the Viper since it has only 1 cup holder.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at a Z06 this weekend and I yawned.... My feelings were crushed :p

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jesus Chr1st Brian you sure did piss in the wrong bowl of cheerios. I think you need to test drive my Viper the next time I see you at the gym. I dont have the seat lowering kit (yet) but I can show you the pedal adjuster, and you can see if you fit in my setup.

I would agree with most of your original writeup, but man, DONT go into the PR field!!!!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey!!!!!!!!

Where did then troll go???

Come back, we have just started to have fun!!!

Are you shopping with mommy or crying at the vette forum?

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have toyed with the idea of buying a viper as my next car. I have ridden in one, and thought it was pretty impressive. I would like to drive one, but no one has been willing to let me take one for a drive so far... maybe Pete will let me take his around the block.

As far as american cars go the pecking order is ;

rustangs/fbodies ..vettes.. vipers and now probably gt40.

The rustangs fbodies are great bangs for the buck and good performers, my first car out of college. The vette is a step up, and nothing to sneeze at. I have found the z06 performance comparable to the viper. I would consider the viper a true exotic car and in a different class in general than the z06. Remember that in reality, the vast majority of people in this country will never be able to afford a vette, much less a viper, so although some people refer to the vette as cheap, it depends on your perspective.

I do find threads like this entertaining, and have a hard time believing you guys would really take something like this too seriously.

Tim

OP
OP
C

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still here, just don't really have anything else to say. Just keeping tabs on what people are posting. This sure is a pretty big thread! John yeah I know I sure pissed 'em off w/ my reflections on driving an rt/10. I'm sure yours is 100x different, you've got tons of mods and probably more head room w/ the gts. Cya at the rec.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
man u guys ****. i say why pick one, buy em all. chevy, dodge and ford........ its all good.

when that new ford gt-44 goes on sale i am gonna buy that and smoke all of u losers. :shocked:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"You're a lucky man... what a stable."

Yeah, even his pickup truck will eat your C-5... Better learn how to drive it? Or start modifying it soon.

Hah, Haa!!!!

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all these cars that i own are just the tip of the iceberg. i own and race so much more. like 4 motorcycles, 3 more trucks, 2 boats, 2 quads and my old road race car is for sale because i am making room for my new sand rail. anyway, true passion for motorsports goes beyond brand loyalty for me and people like a.j. foyt, mario andretti, the unsers, etc. real racers don't just talk about this stuff on the net, we live it.

i made my passion for motorsports more than just a dream, it is my lifes: mission, focus, committment and drive. i have made many sacrifices in my quest to live the kind of life i live. i have given up alot of things that most people would not in order to be where i am at and be who i am. i race cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles and just about anything i can get my hands on because it is who i am. i am more than just another motorsports enthusiast, i am a racer driven to win.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
i race cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles and just about anything i can get my hands on because it is who i am. i am more than just another motorsports enthusiast, i am a racer driven to win.

Well, don't quit your day job! Hee hee, little good-natured joke there, Fast Freddy!

Do make a living at racing? If so, then my hats' off to you! Or are you a weekend warrior? What do you do that enables you to spend so much on cars?

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Cobra4B,
your comments remind me of all the superficial articles I read about the Viper before I bought my 96 GTs in Nov of 98.
Those boys are about selling advertising- what are you trying to sell us?

I have been on track with the ZO6, Button Willow here in California - was a Viper days event and we were both on street tires.
Here are facts not impressions.
1. I passed the 06 anytime we were both going straight
2. In the corners we were equal - he had traction control turned on so could mash the gas off the corner - I was able to hold with him, then gain and pass.
3. Braking - I do have an after market kit on the car, stock rotors however and no ABS - he had ABS - I could out brake him - a simple function of more rubber under my car.
4. Drivers - this guy was a better driver than me - he was very agressive and very very smooth

So take all your impressions and do what you like with them- They are meaningless garbage - suggest you get a job at a car magazine - you would be good at it!!! Definately don't buy a Viper

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, LOL at the guy who ruffled a few windbreakers :rolleyes: .

To be honest with you I don't think his comments were that inflammatory. I don't know why some Viper owners here are so damn insecure - the guy just posted his (obviously) not perfect Viper experience. I think it's funny how quickly you some of you jump this guys balls like it's a personal insult; be more secure in the fact that you're driving the baddest street car out there. Notice the most classy responses are from people who either want to help the guy or simply accept his opinion. Benchracing the Vette vs Viper gets you about as far as posting a nudie pic in The Snake Pit.
The "take it to the CF" is lame-o.

Cobra4B - Good on ya for owning what looks like a good lookin' Z. Try driving a properly set up GTS or RT without a salesman in the car. I'm 6'5" and I fit pretty well in the stock seat (I mean it's somewhat tight, but not that bad); with the 2" lowering kit (Northwind Engineering) it's real roomy. (You just gotta want to fit, LOL)

Clint

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lotta reading here. ive been gone a while and when i return i still see the same old stuff...why are some still trying to compare apples and oranges, I mean vipers and vettes? theyre in different leagues, period. i like them both, but i own a viper.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My owning my dream car- enhanced by another 'vette owner not buying a Viper.
Cobra, you know you want one or you wouldn't be hanging here. I doubt you are posting lower in the food chain in the mustang or f-body forums. You are a Viper wanna be.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listen Clint or may I call you Mr. Eastwood..lol If you read the entire thread which you obviously didn't the guy didn't come on here for some honest advice because if he did no viper owner here would have done anything but encourage him. By his own admission he came here to piss us off and report back to his forum buddys...GET YOUR STORY STRAIGHT!

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listen Clint or may I call you Mr. Eastwood..lol If you read the entire thread which you obviously didn't the guy didn't come on here for some honest advice because if he did no viper owner here would have done anything but encourage him. By his own admission he came here to piss us off and report back to his forum buddys...GET YOUR STORY STRAIGHT!

Look - I'm not gonna sift through five pages of BS to find his admission, but if you have it handy I'd like to see it, as evidently I missed it. I read enough to give me a general impression of the guy and his motives; to me it wasn't all that bad.

Hell, I'm suprised I saw this post after being blinded by all the CF in the previous page.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here you go clint..

COBRA SAYS ON THE VETTE FORUM..

I knew it'd make those guys a bit angry, but I was so dissapointed w/ the car today (I've loved them since I was in middle-school, and this was my first drive) that I was really shocked. I wanted to see what a viper owner had to say about the shortcomings I found. I could have re-worded it, but I just pasted it over after I posted here. I did take out part where I called the car a real piece of s'hit. BUT, seriously for $80,000 it is! I don't give anyone a bad name, am not a troll, and like all fast cars. Those viper guys have been unfirendly since day one when I started posting over there w/ a vette. They'd just look at my sig and say stupid s'hit.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam, point taken.. I guess arguing with the Tupperware boys has lost its flair to me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude