NEW GAUGE PILLAR GAUGE PODS!!!

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm starting to think about just going with duct tape and tie wraps myself. You wouldn't think it would really be that hard to get a pillar pod that fits a Viper. Heck, I'd even pay a little Viper tax for one that actually fit....

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in no way trying to piss anybody off but I had a group buy on these I believe, last August with Autoform. I had around 52 people that wanted them. Then somebody chimed in said they can build them faster and I referred everybody to him. Many months later they still are not made when Autoform said that they could have them made before the end on October. I just don't understand.
In the mean time, I will contact Tony at Autoform and see if they would still be willing to make them if I got enough people. If so, I will post here and get another group buy going on these things. I should have just kept my original group buy going a couple of months back, we all would of had them by now.
PS I am referring to Gen1 and Gen2 RT/10 a-pillar pods

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
seems odd to me but i would think the guys at autoform would know their market and would realize the need for these. they, in my opinion should still make them because they have a history of quality products assosiated with the vipers and people would buy them. competition is a good thing.

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
meansnake, glad to hear it is getting closer but it seems like we have heard this before. not to flame you because i know its out of your hands but i feel the need to shoot the messenger sorry.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
meansnake, glad to hear it is getting closer but it seems like we have heard this before. not to flame you because i know its out of your hands but i feel the need to shoot the messenger sorry.

No
You must be registered for see images
I can verify the test fit since they are using my car. The pattern maker will be at my home tomorrow. If its OK with Mike I will take a picture and post it here. Rick

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
bumper for an update. i am not letting it go away so easy as it has been done in the past. today was the deadline boys.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bumper for an update. i am not letting it go away so easy as it has been done in the past. today was the deadline boys.

Dang you Guys are rough. :bonker: Dwight just left, the final fit is done and it looks good. :2tu: I really had no interest in a pillar gauge pod but this may change my mind.
Now give me a min. to down load some pictures. :curse:

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dang you Guys are rough. :bonker: Dwight just left, the final fit is done and it looks good. :2tu: I really had no interest in a pillar gauge pod but this may change my mind.
Now give me a min. to down load some pictures. :curse:

UBBCode:
2634IMG_0338-med.JPG

This is the best out of two. The purpose of todays fit was to verify the proper gauge height. A section was cut from the upper left corner. That part will fit under the headliner, it was not needed today.

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NICE. glad to hear that it was going to look a little more refined than that too. so when are they taking orders, and when can they ship some product. put me on the list for the double version in the picture.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to Autoform and Tony told me they are very busy for another 3 weeks. Wait until you guys and gals see what they are making!!!! Very nice piece they are developing right now. Anyways, I am supposed to contact him the first week of January regarding the pods. He said they would not take this long to make them but if they do think about making them, I told him that I would start a thread to get a group buy going. I want to make this clear that this would be for a Gen1 RT/10 and Gen2 RT/10. Do not know if it would be a dual or triple pod yet but I want a triple. I WILL keep you guys updated as to what Tony says.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would want to cut up their a-pillar area. It looks like you would need to cut the a-pillar trim as well as the top of the dash to get wiring and boost tube through. I tried to do the same. There is no way to get a boost tube through the top of the dash without cutting a hole.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no way i am letting this die. WE WANT DETAILS. where when and how do we place our orders.
This is the message left with me.
In about two weeks Dwight will return with a pod from the first production run and printed instructions. I will fit it using their directions to determine accuracy. If all is well the pods will be ready to ship.

Please don't shoot the messenger. I volunteered my GTS since I live close to the manufacturer. As I mentioned before I had no interest in a pod and still on the fence about installing one.

Their issue is limited demand. As a former business owner I see their point. Resources are focused on those projects with the max. return on the investment.
However if I made delivery commitment to a customer it was cut in stone regardless of the circumstances. Rick

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you could always run the boost tube to the streeting column and install the new pod which is centered on the column. you then could use the dual pod on the pillar to run fuel pressure and air fuel meter gauges which easily would run wires behind the dash. No cutting involed there. :2tu:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Youre dash would still be flexed to get the wires through. Not to mention you would block your VIN plate.

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
Let me reassure you all that there will be no cutting of anything involved with installing these Gauge Pods. Also, the vin will be visible even with the gauge pod installed over top of the pillar, as they are cut out in the new gauge pods. There is plenty of room behind the Gauge Pods to install wires and so forth. The Gauge pods will fit with no modifications and no hardware, drilling, sticky tape or anything of that nature. Quality, fitment and a great price are our main goals here! We will post the day they are ran and in our hands for shipment! Thank you!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not talking about room behind the pods for wiring. I'm referring to running the wires down into the dash. How are the wires going to enter behind the dash? Is there a natural opening or would you need to bend the dash top to create a gap?

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not talking about room behind the pods for wiring. I'm referring to running the wires down into the dash. How are the wires going to enter behind the dash? Is there a natural opening or would you need to bend the dash top to create a gap?
440DSC00935-med.JPG
Maybe ab can answer this one.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
or... I can..

Couple of things. The really good boost guages use sensors, that run to the eletronic guages from the boost sensor near the motor, therefor NO boost tube. (I used one of these back in the day, as did AB, I believe).

Next, the wires, come on.. its DODGE, there is plenty of room to get wires behind the PLASTIC dash, you only need undo about 2 screws (maybe just one), and you have plenty of flexibility to run the wires behing it, nice and clean. Then just screw pop the screws back in, and she's good to go.

I sold my custom set up a year or so ago, but please know it was a great set up, its not rocket science, and it looks good. But, with no boost, I needed no pillar.

Jon (AB's evil twin counter part, boosted at the same time, except Jon was faster, so proven at the drag strip VS AB).

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I didn't have any problems with my boost gauge...and fuel pressure gauge. The only problem I don't like where the boost gauge is at is..it's hard to see it at times and dangerous too if you're driving fast and trying to look at the boost gauge. That picutre above is my boost gauge.

I can't remember what gauge pod I used. It just happened to be luck that is fit with some mod to it. I didn't want to drill holes in my pillar, so I used black silicon glue which works great! I can take it off without leaving any makrs, I just have to just peel the glue off if I ever want to take it off and put back to stock. The silicon glue keeps the dual pillar pod on and it's strong.

As far as my evil sister Jon Assvedo (Now Mr. Chicago Boy toy)...his car might have been faster back then by a small amount considering my car was not tuned and had the paxton kit on it..that I later chucked to make my own double bracket 10 rib system....but if everyone remembers....his car's nick name was grenade! Yes! Leaner is meaner jon! LOL! :D

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Pod pictures.
A minor adjustment at the header will be needed to make it perfect. A death in Dwights family will delay the final tweak for about a week then its off to production.

UBBCode:
2634IMG_0344-med.JPG

UBBCode:
2634IMG_0342-med.JPG

UBBCode:
2634IMG_0341-med.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang