NEW GAUGE PILLAR GAUGE PODS!!!

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go, delivered yesterday by the fabricator.

Do you have any pics of the finished product?

UBBCode:
2634IMG_0419-med.JPG

UBBCode:
2634IMG_0418-med.JPG

:2tu:

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still in as well. Rick, thanks for staying on top of this, it looks good from the pics. Now we just need to know how much and who to send our money to.

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
JD,

I sent tracking confirmation for overnight shipping via PM. I haven't had much time to get all the information posted for ordering, however we have 70+ pods in stock ready to ship!

Rick,

Thanks for getting the pics posted up for us, JD will get installed pics for us and post here with a simple write up for installation im sure, right JD ;)

As far as everything is concerned, here is the rundown:

MBX Viper Gauge Pods are manufactured for 1996-02 Viper GTS Coupes that will house (2) 2 1/16" Autometer gauges or any other standard 2" gauge you may have. Each one is designed to fit without the hassle of drilling, taping or glue, duct tape or any other form of mess that could cause your Viper harm. They simply go over top of the existing pillar and tuck under the trim and hold quite nicely in place while still allowing the owner to view the VIN number on the pillar through the windshield. Each gauge pod is laser cut to allow this as shown in the pictures posted above.

Now to the good news! We have 70+ in stock and ready to ship! We have begun shipping and contacting each individual member who has expressed interest along the way of development. We are going to blow all of these gauge pods out with a non-Viper taxed price of $90 each of which will include shipping to your doorstep or shops!

Here is the payment information via Paypal!

Simply goto: https://www.paypal.com/affil/pal=JSBPQH7XC4ASY and make your payment of $90 directly to MBX Motorsports and we will ship immediately!

If you receive this information twice via PM or e-mail, please excuse them as we are trying to contact EVERYONE who has contacted us!

Feel free to call me directly if you have any questions at 202-369-5420

Thank you,
Mike Baxter
MBX Motorsports, Inc.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the fit on a Gen III? Even if it required some minor rework ir would be worth it.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, what about Gen1 RT10's? I have talked to you a couple of times about this even when I had Autoform onboard to make them and I put them off because YOU said that YOU were designing them and should have a "completed" pod by Feb. I thought, as well as others, that these were the ones being made. Thanks for nothing I guess. A lot of confusion on this thread that is for sure.
Screw it, I will contact Tony at Autoform tomorrow and talk to him about them making pods for Gen1 RT10's. I will not drop the ball on this so if you have a GEN1 RT/10 and ONLY a GEN1 RT/10 and are interested in a a-pillar dual gauge pod PM me and I will get this info to Tony and see about getting pods made for our cars.

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD,

I wouldn't be surprised if they fit the RT/10 damn near perfect, however until we can confirm this, i will not make that claim. Gen I will fall next in line after we release the steering column gauge pods for the Gen III's in less than 2 weeks! The RT/10 will not take as long to manufacture and will be manufactured regardless of what company decides to make them. A little friendly competition never hurts.

IEATVETS, i dont know why the attitude or the confusion but i can only tell you that good things come to those who wait and the wait will be worth the final product in the end! If you would like to make any further comments, please take them to PM's. If you want to start a new venture i also suggest that you start your own thread regarding so! The Gen II pods will probably need a simple tweak to get them into production for the Gen I's and if this is the case, we can have them done in a matter of weeks!

We will have many new products available and in a timely manner. The GTS was much more difficult than the other Viper models and we wanted to tackle them first before the more simple tasks.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mistake, sorry Mike. I did a search and you did, in fact, state that the Gen2 would come first, then the Gen1, then the Gen3. This thread was a little mis-leading because it never really says which Viper that these pillar pods would be for. So with that being said, you are saying the next pillar pods to be manufactured WILL fit the Gen1 RT/10 and that they will be completed in the next couple of weeks? I will hold off calling Tony until I see what you say. I wasn't trying to be an ass but this has been going on since June of 05 and Autoform could of had them made by the end of Sept.(for the Gen1)

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mistake, sorry Mike. I did a search and you did, in fact, state that the Gen2 would come first, then the Gen1, then the Gen3. This thread was a little mis-leading because it never really says which Viper that these pillar pods would be for. So with that being said, you are saying the next pillar pods to be manufactured WILL fit the Gen1 RT/10 and that they will be completed in the next couple of weeks? I will hold off calling Tony until I see what you say. I wasn't trying to be an ass but this has been going on since June of 05 and Autoform could of had them made by the end of Sept.(for the Gen1)

No problem at all! Again, i apologize for any confusion! Let's wait and hear back from JD to see if these gauge pods indeed will fit the Gen I and go from there. The Gen III steering column single gauge pod is being run now and will be completed in less than 2 weeks, then if we need to make adjustments to the Gen II pods to fit the Gen I's we will make that happen as well.

Im going to try and line up a Gen I guy to use for this purpose should we need to manufacture a new pod. I know it's frustrating-and believe me, no one wants them done as bad as we do. I will keep you posted on the Gen I's :cool:

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD,
As far as everything is concerned, here is the rundown:

MBX Viper Gauge Pods are manufactured for 1996-02 Viper GTS Coupes that will house (2) 2 1/16" Autometer gauges or any other standard 2" gauge you may have. Each one is designed to fit without the hassle of drilling, taping or glue, duct tape or any other form of mess that could cause your Viper harm. They simply go over top of the existing pillar and tuck under the trim and hold quite nicely in place while still allowing the owner to view the VIN number on the pillar through the windshield. Each gauge pod is laser cut to allow this as shown in the pictures posted above.

Now to the good news! We have 70+ in stock and ready to ship! We have begun shipping and contacting each individual member who has expressed interest along the way of development. We are going to blow all of these gauge pods out with a non-Viper taxed price of $90 each of which will include shipping to your doorstep or shops!

Here is the payment information via Paypal!

Simply goto: https://www.paypal.com/affil/pal=JSBPQH7XC4ASY and make your payment of $90 directly to MBX Motorsports and we will ship immediately!

If you receive this information twice via PM or e-mail, please excuse them as we are trying to contact EVERYONE who has contacted us!

Feel free to call me directly if you have any questions at 202-369-5420

Thank you,
Mike Baxter
MBX Motorsports, Inc.

We are down to 30 of the 70+ pods we had in stock! Get yours today! :nana:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone in GA wants to see how they fit, I have one right here. It is truly a piece of work. Very nice fit and finish. I test-fit it in a GTS and it was perfect. Waiting on the RT/10 ones for me... :)

JD

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for their orders and making this item a reality. Everyone who ordered their pods should receive them by today (most of you)

We have 23 A-Pillars remaining in stock from 70+ :)

If you haven't placed your order, we encourage you to do so now!

Thank You,
Mike Baxter
MBX Motorsports, Inc.
202-369-5420

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received my pod this morning. Fantastic piece and worth the wait. Mike also answered all E-mails promptly and provided shipping info. Thanks Mike Baxter at MBX!

:headbang: :2tu:

Free bump... :p

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just rec'd my pod. Does this thing have to be trimmed? Or do you have to remove the dash panel to install? Any installed pics?

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just rec'd my pod. Does this thing have to be trimmed? Or do you have to remove the dash panel to install? Any installed pics?

I was just going to post the same question. Looks good, but not exactly sure how it is suppose to be positioned.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2634IMG_0344-med.JPG

When the test fit was done the dash screw near the door hinge and the head- liner screw at the top of the A pillar were removed. The pod was tucked behind the headliner and the seam in the dash. The screws were then reinstalled.

The pod should fit perfectly without trimming. Rick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang