one weekend a month

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all.Hope everyone is ready for a great summer.Was thinking that since there is always such a long time between events that maybe some people would be into geting together maybe one sat a month for a cruise.Just a way to get out with other cars.Something like one month we meet in Red Deer in the A.M. and the next we meet in Ca;gary or Edmonton or anywheres in between.Meet for breakfast take a cruise see some local scenery that kind of thing.Nothing to high speed and troublesome just a get together thing.Good way to meet new memebers and hey maybe even a few outta the area folks would come down.Always a few rooms at our place for A few people if we know in advance.So yeah think it over let me know and maybe i can pick a date to get this going.

Shane Crompton

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you could all get together in Calgary and see how fast you can make it to Regina. Meet at say 5 am, leave Calgary, meet in Regina at 10:00 am for a late breakfast. Leave at 1 pm and back in Calgary in time for supper at 6. LOL... It could be done. Allthough a pack of Vipers doing 100 plus mph might draw a little too much attention from the general public resulting in a few phone calls to the coppers. :):2tu:

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wouldn't be the first time.we got visited a few years ago in Revelstoke.But only one certain color group of cars had to sit and listen to the speach.lol. The meets if big enough would maybe not only be limited to central Alberta so hey you never know when a few cars may show up in your area.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually most of us in Regina would rather come out to the mountains anyway. If you want some wide open long straights with no traffic this is the place to be but these cars were made for corners too. Plus the scenery is much nicer west of Calgary...haha. :drive:

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes very interested in getting out for a cruise. The car gets so much attention by itself it must be a real kick to get a bunch of them together. Pick a date and I am in

Steve

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well then keep your eye open for the Asp in Jasper trip and i am sur ethere will be a Revelstoke trip two those are two we usually do.

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jasper or Revy would be great The pictures from the previous trips made it look like a great time. Believe it or not I have lived in central Alberta all my life and never had a reason to make it to Jasper. Lots of trips southwest sledding in BC but never north up the Banff Jasper hiway.

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we'll have to get together for a few runs and do the trips for sure.Was a great trip.Last year only my wife and I did the Jasper trip but was fun anyways.One nite in Jasper and the next in Banff.

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering the track event but I am a little apprehensive about it. Have never been on a track before and a little worried about damaging the car. I wouldn't mind putting the car on the dyno and the Cruise would be good. I probably will end up going to the track event because the driving instruction sounds interesting. How many cars usually end up on the track at one time? Not to crowded I hope. I do think it will be a blast.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering the track event but I am a little apprehensive about it. Have never been on a track before and a little worried about damaging the car. I wouldn't mind putting the car on the dyno and the Cruise would be good. I probably will end up going to the track event because the driving instruction sounds interesting. How many cars usually end up on the track at one time? Not to crowded I hope. I do think it will be a blast.

I've been running track events since the early 90's and damaged cars are very, very rare. I've only had car to car contact one time with minor damage and that was about 15 years ago. Last year we had a Corvette damaged after the driver kept driving, lap after lap with the brake warning light illuminated. It did catch up with him and it's a very unusual occurance.

It's my opinion that you are more likely to damage your car on the way to and from the track than on the track - but you're correct in that it's possible. But please know that it's very unlikely and that our instructors are really top notch. Listen to them and I'm sure that you'll be fine.

BTW, we group cars so that those new to the track are out with other new folks. We don't throw people 'into the deep end'. We will take care of you and you'll be able to go the speed that feels right to you. We will not push you to go faster than you're comfortable with.

We don't allow corner passing - ever. Race City has 2 long straights so passing only happens on the straights and then only after a few sessions so everyone in the beginner group is comfortable and familiar with their surroundings.

We also keep the number of cars on track to a number that allows lots of room - it's not crowded or busy at all. Many times you might not even see a car in front or behind you.

We really take care of everyone and I'm certain that you'll have a great, and enlightening time. I'm sure that you'll love it!

Greg

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to add one more thing. If you're afraid of damaging your car please come to the event.

The skills you learn will dramatically increase your driving ability! Not just at the track but everywhere. I tell all our students that when you bolt on a supercharger you make your car faster. When you do a track school you make all your cars faster - and safer!

Greg

rt/10stew

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually most of us in Regina would rather come out to the mountains anyway. If you want some wide open long straights with no traffic this is the place to be but these cars were made for corners too. Plus the scenery is much nicer west of Calgary...haha. :drive:

Whats wrong with a 100 miles of wheat fields? :D

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance Fireball. I am definatly in for the track event as well as the dyno. If there is still room for that please let me know how to hold one.

VIPRRR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What time would we be leaving Calgary Sunday morning, and can you recommend a hotel were it would be safe to leave the Viper Saturday night?

Thnaks

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so if all those who are going to the event from outta Calgary can say I and location leaving from to get to Calgary then perhaps a meet up and travel together could be arranged.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am definitely considering it. It will all depend on work and wifie. My wife is pregnant so everything this summer is based on what is happening with her and if she is doing well. It sounds like a blast.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll check out hotels in the next few weeks. I'll make sure that everyones car is safe!

BTW, I'm out of town again next week so it'll be a bit before I get to it.

Thanks,
Greg

RACR77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All Blue ACR wrote "Maybe Racr77 will be here too???????"

Hey Jim, you bet I will drive over and if there is anyone that would like to see some of the old stuff at our place we could do a drive over here.

1OF76RT/10 wrote "Considering the track event but I am a little apprehensive about it. Have never been on a track before and a little worried about damaging the car."

I attended 3 of the track events last year as a spectator, Greg and Doug Hall put on a first class event, very profesional. I will be there in the rookie class :drive:

Last edited:

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Blue ACR wrote "Maybe Racr77 will be here too???????"

Hey Jim, you bet I will drive over and if there is anyone that would like to see some of the old stuff at our place we could do a drive over here.

1OF76RT/10 wrote "Considering the track event but I am a little apprehensive about it. Have never been on a track before and a little worried about damaging the car."

I attended 3 of the track events last year as a spectator, Greg and Doug Hall put on a first class event, very profesional. I will be there in the rookie class :drive:

Thanks! I apreciate that! Please introduce yourself to me next time you see me at the track. Maybe we can go for a spin.:drive:

Greg

RACR77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks! I apreciate that! Please introduce yourself to me next time you see me at the track. Maybe we can go for a spin.:drive:

Greg

I will be sure to introduce myself next time I am at one of the exotic events and if there is a chance to go for a spin you won't have to ask twice :D

Joe

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shane;
As I told you on the phone last night I would be interested in the weekend runs. Also would definitely not want to see you go to Jasper alone again. Also have run into two lads in Red Deer who bought 2001 GTS's(race yellow & saphire) Tried to talk them into joining VCA. :dunno:

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first weekend maybe the weekend of the Carstairs car show.once i get the date i will let all know and then see who is interested.Figured a small slow show would be a great start then a cruise after.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery