Parts rack has some rude employee.

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called yesterday to ask a quick exhaust question. I really didn't think they would be working because of the holiday and all but someone answered. great.

Me: Hi I was wondering if B&B makes and RT-10 exhaust
Him: NO
Me: OK I see on you carry a few different kinds what are my choices? Belanger Borla, Corsa??
Him: Corsa has never made an rt-10 exhaust!! (yelling at me)
Me: So I have to chose from is Belanger and borla huh?
Him: yeah talk to you tomorrow (sarcastically)

CLICK beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

What a loser The chance of me ever using parts rack are now slim to none.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a typical phone call, and that is Jon B himself ;) And I got my corsa exhaust for my RT-10 from him.

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm.....I talked to him for 20 mins one day.
I asked stupid questions too...he was very nice.
Must have been a good day.

OP
OP
G

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously he does not care about my business so why would I ever want to deal with a person like that.

I am in sales and typically the #1 reason why people buy from you is because they like you. How do you get people to like you when you lie to them and hang up on them.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The extra abuse is just free, like interest on a checking account! Call him back when he's not so busy.

Seriously, he knows a great deal about Vipers and generally has as good/better price as anyone.

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wannaviper: In my opinon I would not reward this company by giving him my buisness either. Its amazing how so many of us have become acustomed to poor service of all types and make excuses for why we should accept it. Ever notice how many Companies who keep us waiting on the phone will be quick to give you a long "apology" first. But still you wait. American buisinesses seem to apoligize for everything as if this is a good excuse for continuing poor service. We have become the land of mediocrity!
If enough people stopped doing buisness with companies who are rude and provide low levels of service you can bet your bottom dollar that they would change their act. As long as we continue to do buisiness with them and provide excuses they will never change. Next time your treated poorly by a company that you are trying to do buisness with ask them when was the first time they thought that you were there to please them? Maybe then they will "get it"!

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people honestly can't hear there own rudeness. Some people can, and still don't care. Then they go to church on Sunday and think to themselves, love thy neighbor? I don't have to follow THAT commandment, I'm special.

Treat everyone you meet with "just a little respect", and the world is a nice place to live.

Treat everyone like you're the only one who's busy and important and......

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called yesterday to ask a quick exhaust question. I really didn't think they would be working because of the holiday and all but someone answered. great.

Me: Hi I was wondering if B&B makes and RT-10 exhaust
Him: NO
Me: OK I see on you carry a few different kinds what are my choices? Belanger Borla, Corsa??
Him: Corsa has never made an rt-10 exhaust!! (yelling at me)
Me: So I have to chose from is Belanger and borla huh?
Him: yeah talk to you tomorrow (sarcastically)

CLICK beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

What a loser The chance of me ever using parts rack are now slim to none.

I have an RT-10 with B&B exhaust so I'm not sure why he would say they don't. In my opinion, it's the best sounding exhaust for the Viper.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
I have an RT-10 with B&B exhaust so I'm not sure why he would say they don't. In my opinion, it's the best sounding exhaust for the Viper.

[/QUOTE]

You can't get B&B for Gen I as per Sean Roe.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I called yesterday to ask a quick exhaust question. I really didn't think they would be working because of the holiday and all but someone answered. great.......Him: Corsa has never made an rt-10 exhaust!! (yelling at me)

Please dont blame my employees...they have the holiday off. That was ME!
But complainers who always tell HALF THE STORY make it sound so crummy....

I'm in on the holiday paying some bills, hands full. I answer on a speaker phone, (where many folks say I am yelling...Im hard-of-hearing) .... Sorry.

WANNAVIPER said he wants a quick question..... we quickly answered 3-4. First off, RT-10 he says, but then its a GEN ONE. RT-10 Gen One. I elaborated that "Corsa or B+B has never made a Gen 1, but some folks modify the SRT-10 sidepipe track units for Gen 1." He replies "HUH?" I repeated it even louder.

My ending was "Talk To You Tomorrow???" Your reply was "OK." We hung up.

Thanks for the holiday call.....my hurry-up was probably rude sounding, but it was truly just HURRIED. And you may be a wannaviper non-owner newbeee who needs more time on a biz day. Call back and Ill talk your ear off with no speakerphone.

"If I want hugs and kisses I call Mom....if I need Viper advice and parts I call JonB." said one of my best customers. We are just HURRIED and some say that translates to rude. And 9-years in airline traffic contorl makes me fast-abrupt. Sorry. But our info is correct and price is THE BEST.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John B is curt and a pain in the ass!

John B is VERY helpful, patient and knowledgable.

Believe it or not in John B these are NOT mutually exclusive :)

John is like a crusty older uncle. 85% of the time kind, understanding and helpful. The other 15% of the time he is loud/deaf, brisk and a crumudgeon. But for the 50% discount he gives it is worth it. J/K about the discount.

But he's ours and we are keeping em.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jonathon....just remember there are numerous Viper tuners and retailers out there who can answer any question you may have.

I think the 4 out of 10 rating Partsrack has on THIS VCA site speaks volumes.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like there are only a few people that I trust to _work_ on my viper, there are only a select few that I'm willing to buy parts from... and JonB is one of them.

JonB is a major asset to the viper community.

Did he really answer the phone yesterday? Dang! I'll have to start calling him on holidays now...

JD

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use partsrack ALL the time and I have spent thousands of dollars on my two vipers through him. Bottom line is Jon has the lowest prices and the most convenient ordering. I use email to communicate with him. He is just way too busy on the phone to help that way. His email response time cant be beat. If I need something I ask what he offers, how much, and when he can get it. Most importantly, whenever there is a problem Jon is right on it and always makes sure it is taken care of the right way. You could call any store at any time and at some point speak to someone who sounds rude - even an owner. It unfortunately happens. I say try him again - he does appreciate the business.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have orderd from Jon B. a few times and every time he went out of his way for me and the last order he went wayyy out of his way.

Jon you may remember this , I orderd the chrome side badges (that look awesome BTW, they have got to be my fav cosmetic mod) and i thought it was the price for the pair and Jon calls me up and says "im just calling to make sure but you want 1 side badge" so I tell him I don't exactly have enough for 2 so I will order on friday soJon says "its ok we will just send them out today and charge for both friday no big deal" (this was like a monday or so), so basicly i got them and put them on before Jon even got paid.

AND on top of it we used my girls CC which as a diffrent adress (3rd party).

So all im saying is Jon has been MORE then fair with me and never ever had any kind of an attitude twords me.

Im not here to make judgements on people im just tellin my personal expirence with this vendor and its been great as far as im concerned.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB is always very busy, and often times rushed to be sure. And sometimes, as everyone knows by now, he can come across a bit short. But he knows his stuff, beats everyone else on price, including the manufactures, is a heavy hitter, is a good person, provides an awesome service, is very committed to the VCA and is a huge sponsor, always delivers, and is willing to invest the time into you and your issues, so long as you appreciate that he is busy and is running a business the best he can. Yes, he could be a smooth operator and make everyone he encountered feel like a million dollars all the time, but that's just not who he is nor the service he is providing. Anyone ever talk to John Hennnesssey on the phone? I have. Nicest, most laid back, easy going good 'ol boy I think I've ever had the pleasure of talking to over the phone. If you've had a bad day at work, give him a call and he's sure to make you feel better about yourself. But Hennnesssey's total package is not what I need nor want in a business relationship. JonB has earned my loyalty time and again through consistently giving me the most for my Viper dollars. In short, JonB sells the package I'm buying. :2tu:

KIKNVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am only writing this cuz this thread impacts JonB's reputation, and at the end of the day, that is important for retailers supporting this board and the VCA. I've been buying parts from Jon, both new and used for many years, and he has always come through both in price and delivery. Most important, he would always tell me the truth about whether a part would work or not (viper types tend to get creative). I'm not in a position to comment on the thread which started this all, other than sounds like a misunderstanding between two folks. JonB is a class act, and i will do business with him more.

Seth Palatnik.
Chicago

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to chime in here on behalf of JonB. I just bought a rear spoiler from him last week and I had a question for him that couldn't wait for me. It was this past Saturday. Not only did he answer the phone for me then He answered all my questions. I didnt know his hours and I was only taking a chance someone would be there on a Saturday. If he answered the phone Memorial day also I would be surprised. JonB do you take any days off ? I've always been happy with his service and parts. Thanks JonB

P.S. I dont need any Hugs or Kisses

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, get rid of that ***** employee, answering the phone on a holiday, the NERVE! ROTFLOL!
Jeeeeez!
Bunch of nancypants.....booo hoooo hoooo!

Very FEW that know Vipers like Jon, I have and will continue to buy from him!

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since this is turning into a "stand up for Jon B." thread, I'll add another two cents: he went out of the way to correct a price (made it lower) he had quoted me when I happened to find a better price directly from the supplier, even got the company on the phone with me that instant and worked through the difference in price (turned out the supplier had a newbie working who gave me the "cost" price!). Jon held them to that price and I ended up getting rebated the difference from Jon B.

How many vendors do you know who would do that? :cool:

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with Jon early this morning before his actual "open" hours. Needless to say, he was chipper & ready to do business. Jon, thanks for taking care of my ongoing Viper wants & needs. :2tu: :D :2tu:

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jonathan- I would give him another shot. He explained himself and it was a holiday and all. Sometimes he acts very informal and is mis-understood.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21