Parts rack has some rude employee.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
JonB made me cry, who wants to hear about my pain? I need some counciling now, boo hoo, talking to my attorney now, civil suit, pain and suffering, yada yada.......

SNAKEPILOT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon has always answered my questions, and delivered what he promised. If you want someone to always love you, get a dog. I have two! :D

NOTTDADZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It took me a while to get through to him (on hold etc)

I was impressed by the speed of delivery and the after sale support.

I will use his services again

Kevin McDonald

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried JonB a few times and attempted to become a customer a few times, but was quickly put on hold a few times and other times told to call back as he was tending to paying customers, all I was trying to become.

That was a few years ago hopefully there is some hired help as the lack of time to discuss has surely cost a ton of business.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Of course you gotta love Jon B. Definitely an asset to the Viper community. Car parts salesman - yes. Victoria's Secret sales associate - no.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I have been down this road before, but here goes. My "Viper Days" go back to 1994 (an old school Viper guy) with both RT and GTS purchases. During that time I have e-mailed, called, bugged, annoyed, and otherwise made myself a pest to Jon on both his dime and mine. I have been talked out of things that I did not need or would not work and I have returned items for little more reason than "I don't like it" without any carping from Jon. I know many great people in the Viper community, but if there was one guy I would call with a question, it would be Jon B. It appears his great sin in this situation was making the mistake of answering the phone when virtually anyone else would have taken the holiday. And based on what I now know, I pledge not to call him July 4, Thanksgiving or Christmas. TERRY Richmond Va.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought stuff from John B never had a problem 3 day shipping to UK ..
Always had time to answer questions,One time he cut short a personal call to speak to me as i was calling long distance.....

JohnB,Chuck Tator,Biff Vmania and Sean Roe ALL No 1 in my book :usa: :2tu: :2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are unhappy with a particular vendor here is a list of vendors that give better service than anyone in ANY business.

(In no particular order)

Tator's Dodge
Chuck Tator Viper Wizard
914-763-3136
[email protected]

Doug Levin Motorsports
305-249-RACE (7223)
[email protected]

Great Brakes
Steve Pasztor
972-743-9443

CC Wheel
(386) 258-0083
(888) 577-0144
John Purner

Roe Racing
904-733-5469
[email protected]

Macedo Motorsports, LLC
Larry Macedo
407-246-6511

EMI Racing
Erik Messley
714-899-3669

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as over 95% of the clients are happy, I'd say the company would be good to do business with. There's always going to be some unhappiness floating around. In this case, it looks like the majority approve of him (me included).

I'm sure JonB remembers the PR disaster with John Hennessy!

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as over 95% of the clients are happy, I'd say the company would be good to do business with. There's always going to be some unhappiness floating around. In this case, it looks like the majority approve of him (me included).

I'm sure JonB remembers the PR disaster with John Hennessy!

95%????.....then why does he have a 40% rating on this site. ???

I tried to buy a set of headers and x-pipe or catback a few months ago. I 1st left a voicemail and said I was ready to buy today, which I was. He called back and gave me a combo price, which I appreciated. BUT then I wanted to know what the price was for just the headers (around the time the "Belanger Scam" was going on). As we spoke on the phone I realized I was not 100% sure what catback I wanted. He would not give me a price over the phone that day. He said "You told me you were ready to buy headers and a catback today." I said I am, but call me crazy, I would like to know a price before I just give someone my CC number. He REFUSED to give me a price. So I bought my parts somewhere else.

No need to put up with him acting the way he does when there are many other quality vendors out there. I would rather pay more somewhere else than buy from that company. Just my experience.

OP
OP
G

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been trolling on the forums months before I bought My Viper and I have seen many "JONB is great" posts. Frankly I did not even expect anyone to pic up the phone on Memorial day but he did. So if he picked I assumed he was working, and I could get a few answers. If he would have said "We are actually closed today however we are open tomorrow give us a call then." I would have understood
I am not looking for hugs and kisses but professionalism goes a long way.
Yes he may have the "best prices" but price does not sell products, People do. I called Roe racing today and talked to Scott and he was very professional in answering my questions. The chance of me spending a bit more to do business with professional people is pretty good

Thanks Jon for your explaination of our conversation. As for the WANNAVIPER non owner newbee comment. Thats real nice. I just purchased from Roanoke motors on April 6th but have loved the car since its debut in "89" as a concept. I don't know much about the tuning of it and like to get as much info before pulling the trigger. So if you only like to talk to paying customers I can understand that, because my business expects the same but I dont treat non buying customers like dirt.

I have pissed and moaned enough maybe some day if you want my business you will see my money is green too and offer some better service.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember the time i was trying to rebuild a set of rear calipers. F them up. Called JonB. Found replacements for the rears and also threw in a set of fronts.JonB has helped me several times. I will go to Parts Rack first. If he doesn't have it i will then shop.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
American buisinesses seem to apoligize for everything as if this is a good excuse for continuing poor service. We have become the land of mediocrity!

Oh please. Poor service / good service are notions of the 50s (and those with enough money they can choose such things.) The average person seeks cheap/convienent/consistant - nothing more nothing less. Doubt me? Then explain WalMart and McDonalds. JonB has all those things going for him - if I need a shifter and his is the cheapest AND the easiest to order AND I am sure he'll have it in stock that day, they he'll get my business - rude or not. If you have the time and can afford to purchase the more expensive part from the happier place be my guest - no one is standing in your way. Unless you can do it better quite whining...

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
American buisinesses seem to apoligize for everything as if this is a good excuse for continuing poor service. We have become the land of mediocrity!

Oh please. Poor service / good service are notions of the 50s (and those with enough money they can choose such things.) The average person seeks cheap/convienent/consistant - nothing more nothing less. Doubt me? Then explain WalMart and McDonalds. JonB has all those things going for him - if I need a shifter and his is the cheapest AND the easiest to order AND I am sure he'll have it in stock that day, they he'll get my business - rude or not. If you have the time and can afford to purchase the more expensive part from the happier place be my guest - no one is standing in your way. Unless you can do it better quite whining...

I guess you are suggesting one try their local firesale store??? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
oh man! ha! ha!

Jon and I went through the same thing, but we made up. I just bought a Ron Davis Radiator from him. Got a great deal! He was actually pleasant to deal with and made sure I really wanted the part. Jon didn't give me the AMD this time around! Dang! (private joke)I bet it would have been even lower, but I know he has to make some money so...no AMD discount for me! :D :eek: :( :confused:

Don't take anything personal he says. He means no harm. He kind of reminds me of the soup **** on Steinfield. No soup for you today! :D

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never looked at the ratings on this site. It looks like a very polarized review. Customers either love him or hate him. That said, I retract my statement about the 95% good customer service.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At least he answered on Memorial Day. I wouldn't have.

Aint that the truth!!Why would you call someone on Memorial day?Its one of our most important holidays of the year!!!!

Reaction score
I never looked at the ratings on this site. It looks like a very polarized review. Customers either love him or hate him. That said, I retract my statement about the 95% good customer service.

Actually....and this is the only thing I'll say on the subject....if one REALLY looks at the input, one can see that the whole "rating" is skewed by one or two people who just wanted to blast JonB. Cleaning that up (NOT to make Jon look better...but to AT LEAST reflect some degree of accuracy) has been on my list of things to sort out. In this instance it is FAR from an accurate representation. 2 cents...Nextel....done.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh please. Poor service / good service are notions of the 50s (and those with enough money they can choose such things.) The average person seeks cheap/convenient/consistent - nothing more nothing less. Doubt me? Then explain WalMart and McDonalds. JonB has all those things going for him - if I need a shifter and his is the cheapest AND the easiest to order AND I am sure he'll have it in stock that day, they he'll get my business - rude or not. If you have the time and can afford to purchase the more expensive part from the happier place be my guest - no one is standing in your way. Unless you can do it better quite whining...

I agree but I also change my buying habits when I encounter an issue with a retailer (or manufacturer) that ****** me off. I will not shop at Target (at least for some time) because they dared to card me for buying a DVD. A fricken DVD (Matrix Reloaded). After a store manager confirmed that I had to show a 16 year old clerk my ID to buy the thing I decided to leave everything I was purchasing and go elsewhere. I mean I am 46 years old and could not buy a DVD without an ID. Screw Target. I will pay much more before I go back there. So when you have choices, seemingly small things make the difference regarding where you choose to go. One inadvertent (or maybe intentional) move by an employee can take away years of future earnings.

So Jon, I know you mean right and I appreciate the assistance you have given me, but you do need to find a smoother approach, especially for new customers.

Just my $0.015 (devaluation)

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree but I also change my buying habits when I encounter an issue with a retailer (or manufacturer) that ****** me off. I will not shop at Target (at least for some time) because they dared to card me for buying a DVD. A fricken DVD (Matrix Reloaded). After a store manager confirmed that I had to show a 16 year old clerk my ID to buy the thing I decided to leave everything I was purchasing and go elsewhere. I mean I am 46 years old and could not buy a DVD without an ID. Screw Target. I will pay much more before I go back there. So when you have choices, seemingly small things make the difference regarding where you choose to go. One inadvertent (or maybe intentional) move by an employee can take away years of future earnings.

So Jon, I know you mean right and I appreciate the assistance you have given me, but you do need to find a smoother approach, especially for new customers.

Just my $0.015 (devaluation)

Wow, that is pretty wacky. Another great example of someone with a little tiny piece of power in this world, abusing it to it's finest.

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I HAVE BOUGHT MANY THINGS FROM JON B AND IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN A PLEASURE. HE IS A ONE MAN SHOW AND IS ALWAYS BUSY I WONDER WHY GOOD STUFF, GOOD PRICES. HEY JON I NEED A FRONT LICENSE PLATE HOLDER. CALL YOU THIS WEEK. :2tu:

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had breakfast with Jon B, he's a great guy with a lot of knowlege, I'd give him another chance - he is hard of hearing - be kind to the deaf! :)

I'd give him extra points as NO ONE else would have answered the phone on the Holiday weekend!

(Jon B, see what you get for being helpful!)

2Charmed

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HMMMMMMMMM,JON B IS A VERY INTERESTING FELLOW. FROM TIME TO TIME I USED TO BUY PARTS FROM HIM.I STOPPED ABOUT A YEAR OR SO AGO WHEN I CALLED HIM LOOKING TO BUY A COMPLETE LOW MILEAGE VIPER ENGINE.HE SEEMED HIS BUSY SELF ON THE PHONE PUT ME ON HOLD AND THEN GOT BACK AND SAID HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO RUN ONE DONE FOR ME.THE PRICE WAS NORTH OF 10K.HE THEN REQUESTED I SEND HIM AN E MAIL TO REMIND HIM TO GET BACK WITH HIM.I WAS HAVING A BUSY MORNING AS USUAL AND BLURTED BACK AT HIM WHY DO I NEED TO SEND U AN E MAIL I REALLY DONT HAVE TIME FOR THAT.I THOUGHT IT STRANGE THAT A CUSTOMER WILLING TO SPEND 10K PLUS HAS TO REMIND THE RETAILER TO GET BACK WITH THE CUSTOMER.THE CUSTOMER ACTS LIKE A SECRETARY TO THE RETAILER.I HAVE OWNED AND MANAGED SERVERAL SUCCESSFUL RETAIL BUSINESSES IN MY LIFETIME.NEEDLESS TO SAY I NEVER SENT JON B AN E MAIL BACK AND I DID NOT BUY AN ENGINE FROM HIM.I WISH JON B THE BEST OF LUCK AND SUCCESS IN THE FUTURE! NORM KOERNER :D

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB is certainly terse, but he has never steered me wrong and has consistently offered excellent pricing. I'm also a very busy individual, and I appreciate a vendor who doesn't waste my time. I've gone back to Jon time, after time, after time - and will continue to do so.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AACCKK, I HATE WHINEY A$$ BABIES. Working in Emergency Medicine and Law Enforcement gives a person a great view on people. You learn to hate most of them. ***** waists who whine over every entitlement they don't get are my favorite. JonB is one of the rare Viper resources that I go to when I need the CORRECT answer. I don't expect him to kiss my a$$, just shoot me in the right direction and give me a competitive deal. He hits the mark in both respects.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These posts never cease to amaze me.
To you jerks complaining about JONB - you have an issue and the first thing you do is jump on this board and whine.

If you have an issue with some one - take it to that person - Ring JonB back with what he did that pissed you off - bringing it here is just more whining.

Now lets make a distinction here - if you know a supplier out there that has done something crooked, as in illegal - this IS THE PLACE to warn your fellow Viper owners

Now if you want to come back at me - don't waste your time - I won't bother reading your drivil
Gavin

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These posts never cease to amaze me.
To you jerks complaining about JONB - you have an issue and the first thing you do is jump on this board and whine.

Gavin

You are out of line calling other vipers "jerks" because they mentioned a bad service experience they have had. That is the point of a discussion board. I actually think wannaviper had a valid point.

I have never personally had any experiences with Jon B. If I were thinking about doing so, I would do a search on this discussion board to see what other owners said. I would expect to see honest ratings, whether they were good or bad.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JON B at PartsRack is a A-Plus too me! And many of you as well.

I Have 3 Vipers in which I buy all My Parts if Possible. He is a Huge supporter of the V-10 Nationals and has been a great help since day one of us starting the series. This, too Me, Means he gives back to the Viper World and supports the efforts made.

I Have never been let down by his promise to deliver. Maybe he is short on the phone but Im not looking for a chit chat Im looking for the Viper Products to be delivered!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21