Parts rack has some rude employee.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
[quote.....Actually....and this is the only thing I'll say on the subject....if one REALLY looks at the input, one can see that the whole "rating" is skewed by one or two people who just wanted to blast JonB. Cleaning that up (NOT to make Jon look better...but to AT LEAST reflect some degree of accuracy) has been on my list of things to sort out. In this instance it is FAR from an accurate representation. 2 cents...Nextel....done.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tony. While I deeply appreciate all the positive and the constructive comments, yours is critical in its significance.

Joe Houss, Jay, Tony:

-The VCA 'ratings' are worse than American Idol. A flawed, joke process.
-Vendors / employees can pad their own ratings. "John Doe" (profiled) votes!
-Non-customers, non-owners, axe-grinder-bashers vote numerous times.
-VCA knows of an apparent automated 'voter-basher' and VCA knowing this and NOT repairing the damage / process may even be the equivalent of suborning slander.
------------------------------------------------

Even the Pope will anger someone on occasion. I'm not the Pope. I get 100+ emails and almost as many calls each day. And I've angered a few axe-grinders over the years, and tried to mend fences where I can. Some few prefer to be vengeful for YEARS!

We all have our hot buttons on phone calls. Just for fun, here are mine:

---"Im ready to buy today" [Consult 30++ min., then] "Not really, fooled ya."
---"But Some Guy on the board says ____" [ie 'B+B fits G-1' THIS thread!]
---"But Some Guy on ebay has it for 50 cents"
---"Will you trade in the non-fitting stuff I got on ebay?"

After half-century+ I am pretty much a face-value guy. Not too chummy til I get to know ya. But I've never lied here or cheated anyone. And Ill answer the phone on Memorial Day, but only AFTER I lowered our whole town's [7]flags to half-staff at sunrise. Some things matter a LOT more than this thread.......

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
I agree but I also change my buying habits when I encounter an issue with a retailer (or manufacturer) that ****** me off. I will not shop at Target (at least for some time) because they dared to card me for buying a DVD. A fricken DVD (Matrix Reloaded). After a store manager confirmed that I had to show a 16 year old clerk my ID to buy the thing I decided to leave everything I was purchasing and go elsewhere. I mean I am 46 years old and could not buy a DVD without an ID. Screw Target. I will pay much more before I go back there. So when you have choices, seemingly small things make the difference regarding where you choose to go. One inadvertent (or maybe intentional) move by an employee can take away years of future earnings.

That is wacky, but a part of me would like to be carded again ! ;) CLearly showed no common sense and not the type of folks I would want to work for my business, I would send qucik email to CEO, if response is still same then by all means spend your money with those that want and deserve it.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
PS, got off track with reply on Post, My dealings with Jon B have been somewhat limited but positive. I will buy from him again. In fact will be calling shortly for tires.

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, the ratings system if flood with Jon Doe's. I think the VCA need to really revamp the entire system. It's a total joke.

Reaction score
Jon B drive to Thunderhill to honor the memory of Brian Angen and donated the foundation.

He certainly goes the extra mile for the Viper Family.

His actions speak for his character.

My vote is 10/10 for Jon B! He has been a positive contribution to the Viper community, for longer than this board has existed.

My bet is that he will be helping Viper owners long after the few thin skins have moved on to other interest. :2tu: :usa:

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a GRIP, For a short time Target cash registers where set up so they HAD to have an ID # like drivers lic, punched into them to get the sale of a DVD to go through.

You think that manager or lowly cashier were happy to have to do it?

They were Fvcked by the same law that was inacted just like you were. But BOY did you show them.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They get a lot of rain in the Pacific Northwest...

The compulsory daily protestation of loyalty to the Sun God "Ra":

"To my king, my lord, my god, my sun: A message of your humble servant. Seven times and seven times again I prostate myself at the feet of your majesty-I, the dust under the sandals of Your Majesty. My lord is the sun god who rises over all the countries day after day according to the ordinance of the sun god his gracious father whose sweet breath gives life and I crave when you are hiding, who makes the entire country rest under the protection of his might arm: who thunders in the sky like the storm god so that the entire country trembles at the sound of him..."

"This is what I have to say to the Sun. my father, Your Majesty: When will I see You face to face?!
"

tends to make people testy...

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
---"Im ready to buy today" [Consult 30++ min., then] "Not really, fooled ya."

Actually, it was more on the lines of "I'll give you my cc information shortly or tomorrow, I've very busy right now running my business"

LOL!

Gerald

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought some parts from jonb yesterday. He is good to work with and seems to be an honest stand up guy.

He is a one man show so you have to deal with short to the point conversations. I have learned over the years to take him with a grain of salt and tell him your buying more than whoever he has on the other line.

I appreciate his support for the v-10 nationals.

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From my perspective,every conversation I've had with JonB was totally professional and I have dealt with him on numerous occasions.This thread totally surprises me!

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called Jon this past Saturday (Memorial Day weekend) because I found a cracked rotor while checking the car out in preparation for Viper Days this coming weekend. I had intended to leave a message anticipating he would take care of getting me the parts on Tuesday. To my surprise, Jon called me back on his personal time within an hour of leaving the message on Saturday (and away from the office) to inform me he had already placed the order and the rotors where shipping Tuesday via overnight. By the way, price was never discussed, Jon has more than taken care of me on price and I know he will again.

Thanks to Jon, I received the new rotors this morning, they are going on the car this afternoon, and the yellow beast is on the road to Viperdays tomorrow.

You can certainly go elsewhere, but I recommend you give Jon some room, he is a one man band with an edge. If you can deal with that, you will find his knowledge and service very valuable. I certainly have, time and time again.

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK-lets look at the results:

Bad experience won't deal with him again-4

Good experience will deal with him again-30

"That's Just JonB, deal with it"-9

So 34 responses; 11.76% negative, 88.24% positive. It could easily be said that the 'that's just JonB" are positive with that in mind

43 responses; 9.30% negative; 90.70 % positive.

If you can please 90% of the people you will do well in business.

"You can't please all the people all the time and you can't please some people any of the time" is very true.

JonB-we like your crusty, abrasive, sharp, knowledgable, helpful and "I'll go above and beyond the call of duty" attitude.

I will call him again-loved his product, price and service (and it WAS a cheap part)

Bill

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not good to burn bridges. Those Gen 1 cars are not gettin' any younger, many parts are not made anymore. Some days Jon can be interpreted as Dick. But Jon lives and breathes Vipers... there will always be one in his garage. All I am saying is if you draw a line, you may find yourself the one that has to cross it.

I need Jon in my corner...but I own a 92 (and the year matters).

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon rubbed me the wrong way when I first spoke with him too, but my parts arrived VERY quickly, and the price was great! Since then, I've ordered from him many times, and everything is priced right and gets to my door in no time. He knows me now, and ordering parts from him is super smooth! He's helped me out on several occasions! The guy runs the show himself! It keeps him super busy, but it also keeps overhead low. Give him another shot. JonB is an acquired taste!

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been buying from Jon for 3 years now, I hate the guy. He is rude and mean. One time I didn't talk to him for a year and he knew my last name, what a ****. What ever I need for my car, I will get from Jon. And it will stay that way until I get a different car. My recent big purchase($25), he is going out of his way to get for me. WHAT A GUY. P.S. Jon keep up the rudeness, we love it.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about your luck.

Since most of the manufacturers for viper parts are pretty small you can usually buy straight from the maker.

Good luck.

JonB was probably getting anxious about the hoagie that had just been delivered before your call. I cant blame him. :)

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB-we like your crusty, abrasive, sharp, knowledgable, helpful and "I'll go above and beyond the call of duty" attitude.

Bill

Careful Bill..... let's not actually encourage that "crusty" part any further! ;)

Gee, I always hate to see message threads like this develop. Our website can sometimes serve a very useful purpose in resolving disputes where someone believes they have been ripped off. Tony and Jay do an outstanding job of verifying the "involved parties" and monitoring events as they unfold and are settled. Unfortunately, sometimes we get lost in situations where there really is no damage...... but, someone has just rubbed someone else the wrong way, and feels the need to vent about it. Call it Karma, human nature, or whatever else you want,..... there are always going to be personalities that just don't mix well together.

I was raised that you either say something nice about someone, or you don't say anything at all. So, I'll say this about JonB:

1. I consider him to be a VERY honest person, and a HUGE asset to the Viper Nation as a whole. He has earned my trust.
2. I'm not aware of any individual who actually does any MORE than he does to sponsor VCA regions or fun events for all Viper owners.
3. If anyone who doesn't know, or hasn't met JonB, decides they might not want to ever do business with him based upon what they may have read in this thread..... then, it may be YOUR loss. I do feel the same way about certain other vendors and tuners as well, but they're not the ones being personally criticized right now.

JonB, through no real fault of his own, faces a "no win" situation every day. There is just not enough of him to go around. If he WERE to hire a "milk and honey" phone helper for his order desk...... then WE, the customer, are going to lose the benefit of his vast knowledge.... that may save US the time and hassle of buying either the wrong part, or, not learning about one that may be even better suited to our needs or a better deal. I can live with the "gotta run" (click).

Thanks Jon, for all that you and our other quality vendors and tuners do for us Viper guys.

:2tu:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JohnB,Chuck Tator,Biff Vmania and Sean Roe ALL No 1 in my

Couldent agree more with that statement, I feel the exact same way (never talked to Biff tho but i have heard good things) but Jon,Chuck and Sean are 3 of the coolest guys I ever met, not only in the viper community but anywhere.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree but I also change my buying habits when I encounter an issue with a retailer (or manufacturer) that ****** me off. I will not shop at Target (at least for some time) because they dared to card me for buying a DVD. A fricken DVD (Matrix Reloaded). After a store manager confirmed that I had to show a 16 year old clerk my ID to buy the thing I decided to leave everything I was purchasing and go elsewhere. I mean I am 46 years old and could not buy a DVD without an ID. Screw Target. I will pay much more before I go back there. So when you have choices, seemingly small things make the difference regarding where you choose to go. One inadvertent (or maybe intentional) move by an employee can take away years of future earnings

why would you need to show ID at 46

the movie is not even rated "R" its PG-13 so a 14 year old could buy it.

Do you look THAT young lol.

I know this is off subject but I gotta know why, did they gibe you a reason?

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just one more - picture of Jon B at work!

This was lifted from the last VOI website pix. Jon B hard at it!

Continue to support him, I do!! :)
You must be registered for see images

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to keep going back to the DeLorean days but...We had an ex-enthusiast who started his own DeLorean business long ago. From what I hear he used to be a nice guy. The problem was he'd get tons and tons of requests and questions from people who didn't even own a DeLorean. He eventually became so gruff and rude (to everyone) that we'd avoid dealing with him unless we absolutely had to. Somebody send JonB a free vacation or SOMETHING. We can't let this happen here!

I just talked to Jon earlier today and he was very curteous. Now, he IS all business but I appreciate that. Like most of us, he has a business to run and time is money. I'd rather not have someone talk my ear off, honestly. On the other hand he always answers questions (even the dumb ones) and makes great recommendations. For those on a budget he even offers used parts when he has them.

I say give him another shot.

As a historical aside, didn't JonB have a large roll in the beginnings of this website?

--Rob

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree but I also change my buying habits when I encounter an issue with a retailer (or manufacturer) that ****** me off. I will not shop at Target (at least for some time) because they dared to card me for buying a DVD. A fricken DVD (Matrix Reloaded). After a store manager confirmed that I had to show a 16 year old clerk my ID to buy the thing I decided to leave everything I was purchasing and go elsewhere. I mean I am 46 years old and could not buy a DVD without an ID. Screw Target. I will pay much more before I go back there. So when you have choices, seemingly small things make the difference regarding where you choose to go. One inadvertent (or maybe intentional) move by an employee can take away years of future earnings

why would you need to show ID at 46

the movie is not even rated "R" its PG-13 so a 14 year old could buy it.

Do you look THAT young lol.

I know this is off subject but I gotta know why, did they gibe you a reason?

Already answered.:)

Target along with some other retailers got hit with the new morality rating system. They set their cash register systems up so an ID # like a drivers lic had to be entered before they could finish ringing up CDs with certain ratings.

What is the big deal just show your ID and be done with it. Or be an *** and get them to call the manager over.

Even if the cash register was NOT set up like this why all the drama? Some poeple just like and then to say you will never go back WOW you are REALLY hurting that 16 year old girl, the manager AND Target ;)

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fukk what other people say, if you need fast and VERY HELPFUL service Jon is the way to go as far as im concerned.

Jon B. Sean Roe and Chuck Tater I will deal with as long as i own my viper (which is my whole life im never selling it)

Also KBH performance has nice cosmetic products as well and great service.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Just one more - picture of Jon B at work!

This was lifted from the last VOI website pix. Jon B hard at it!

Continue to support him, I do!! :)
You must be registered for see images

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NO SNAKE FOR YOU !!!!

Almost everone who called today asked me "not to be mean or rude" and another made a "Sympathy purchase." Good Fun! I should probably THANK Wannaviper for starting this revealing thread. Once again, dozens and dozens of you are truly acting as 'consultants' at educating and spending YOUR TIME enlightening someone who is (amazingly)just a :

"Crusty, Deaf, Old, Rude, Loser, Abusive, Busy, Curt, Fast, Patient, Trustworthy, Knowledgable, Brisk, Terse, Fair, Rushed, Rare Resource, Sarcastic, Committed, Competitive, A-Plus, Cheap, Convenient, Consistent, Classy, Honest, Helpful, Chipper, Very Nice, Asset, Informal, Mis-Understood, Truthful, Pleasant, Un-Smooth, Interesting, Can't-Win, Convenient, Curmudgeon, Soup-**** and Victoria's Secret Reject"

I SINCERELY THANK YOU ALL. I regret that some of you I cannot ID by your profile or your E-dress. I am stunned that so many would take the time to offer constructive advice like MichaelP, RonS, Wingking and Freak2. Thanks to Jay/Tony for fixing the BOGUS 'ratings' and also to dawg for pointing out its transparently-bogus existance. The many complimentary remarks help me keep my enthusiasm and focus just as high as Memorial Day Weekend 1993....when I bought my 1st Viper. [Maybe time for Jay / Tony to lock this thread and move on?]

JonB~~~~~~~~:<~

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jon don't be so ******* yourself no one said that you were pleasant. :D

P.S. I'll never buy from Jon again....................until of course I need a part from my Viper.

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB made good on $1,800 in mods I purchased from him. His supplier gave him a 95% confidence factor they would fit so he told me, "If the stuff don't fit, send back the $hit!" They didn't, and he gave me a full refund. Man of integrity I tell you! Right up there with that Tator guy...... but that's a story for another time. :)

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

[quote~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NO SNAKE FOR YOU !!!!

JonB~~~~~~~~:<~

[/QUOTE]

Hey Jon, I was serious! Please don't take my snake soup away!!

(and I was the one who placed the "sympathy order" - but I do need those tires - now how much are they going to cost me now?) :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21