Parts rack has some rude employee.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have bought a couple thousand dollars of merchandise from Jon over the past 2 yrs. & he has always been great to deal with. Harnesses, Cats, Tires and a few other things I can't remember. He has given me good information, steered me in the right direction with his Viper experience, & called me back when needed.

Everybody has a bad day, unfortunately when you deal with a lot of people & have to talk to every customer personally, your time runs thin & sometimes your patience.

my .02
Andy

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about hijacking the thread but this deserves a response.

I agree but I also change my buying habits when I encounter an issue with a retailer (or manufacturer) that ****** me off. I will not shop at Target (at least for some time) because they dared to card me for buying a DVD. A fricken DVD (Matrix Reloaded). After a store manager confirmed that I had to show a 16 year old clerk my ID to buy the thing I decided to leave everything I was purchasing and go elsewhere. I mean I am 46 years old and could not buy a DVD without an ID. Screw Target. I will pay much more before I go back there. So when you have choices, seemingly small things make the difference regarding where you choose to go. One inadvertent (or maybe intentional) move by an employee can take away years of future earnings

why would you need to show ID at 46

the movie is not even rated "R" its PG-13 so a 14 year old could buy it.

Do you look THAT young lol.

I know this is off subject but I gotta know why, did they gibe you a reason?

Already answered.:)

Target along with some other retailers got hit with the new morality rating system. They set their cash register systems up so an ID # like a drivers lic had to be entered before they could finish ringing up CDs with certain ratings.

What is the big deal just show your ID and be done with it. Or be an *** and get them to call the manager over.

Even if the cash register was NOT set up like this why all the drama? Some poeple just like and then to say you will never go back WOW you are REALLY hurting that 16 year old girl, the manager AND Target ;)

First the clerk asked for evidence of my age. Not my drivers license number. I could have quoted my number from memory but that would not suffice. I couldn't care less why Target chose to do that. What is next an ID check to buy milk?

I asked the manager why a cash purchase needed an age verifying ID check. I do not consider that being an "***." I consider such an inquiry an invasion of my privacy.

I have no idea what "drama" you are referring to. I just left the store and have not returned. No drama. But also no earnings for Target (from me). You are very correct that any lost profit from me is just a drop in the bucket. But that is the logic that many bankrupcies are formed on.

BTW I just used this as an example of how a LITTLE thing can change a persons buying habits. You are the one trying to make it into a vengeful issue. It is not.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for explaining it to me SRT.

Sorry dident mean to cause a beef or anything i was just wondering because I has something like that happen to me 2 weeks ago, I went to NY to visit my cousin (the only other person I let drive my viper), we pulled up to the gas station and filled up,on my way in to pay (the crazy high prices)he said to "get him a pack of ciggs", so i go in and pay for the gas and ask for the ciggs,she said "Ineed both of you ID's" so he came in and we both showed ID (were both 20), she looks at mine and says "nope I cant accept a CT ID".

Needless to say we smoked the tires leaving there but how dumb is that,someone from outta state can't buy ciggs (damm lucky I don't smoke)

ok the hijack about ID is officaly over sorry for the interuption.

P.S Jon B rocks

OP
OP
G

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.K I didn't think this would be the longest thread I have ever seen.

In my closing statement I would like to say that I now have a better understanding of who JonB is. Too much too list LOL.
I will say your welcome to Jon for hopefully giving him some laughs on the phone calls "dont be mean or rude today" Don't forget the sympathy purchase ;)
There is no need to be rude unless that is just your personality so be it. I wish I Knew before I called so I knew what to expect oh well.
I will call him again someday and ask him not to be rude and hang up j/k.
My intention was not to start a bashing or praising thread.
I happened to be working from 8am to 10pm on memorial day and needed a break. Got rubbed the wrong way and wanted to find out what was up with that.

Too all the people who think I am a viper **** or said that I am whining GROW UP please.

Now I hate to say it but Jon B is right we should close the thread and move on. Bye Now

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey
I agree but I also change my buying habits when I encounter an issue with a retailer (or manufacturer) that ****** me off. I will not shop at Target (at least for some time) because they dared to card me for buying a DVD. A fricken DVD (Matrix Reloaded). After a store manager confirmed that I had to show a 16 year old clerk my ID to buy the thing I decided to leave everything I was purchasing and go elsewhere. I mean I am 46 years old and could not buy a DVD without an ID. Screw Target. I will pay much more before I go back there. So when you have choices, seemingly small things make the difference regarding where you choose to go. One inadvertent (or maybe intentional) move by an employee can take away years of future earnings.

So Jon, I know you mean right and I appreciate the assistance you have given me, but you do need to find a smoother approach, especially for new customers.

Just my $0.015 (devaluation)

Wow, that is pretty wacky. Another great example of someone with a little tiny piece of power in this world, abusing it to it's finest.

No more Pizza Hut for me.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is almost as long as the one about Vipe-air

Will this thread please die?

3 cheers for JonB!!!

Hip Hip... Horay!!!
Hip Hip... Horay!!!
Hip Hip... Horay!!!

safireviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's break down the replies.....
He's deaf, he's condescending and he's rude to his customers -- still, there goes the best damn vendor the Viper world has ever known........Right?

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's break down the replies.....
He's deaf, he's condescending and he's rude to his customers -- still, there goes the best damn vendor the Viper world has ever known........Right?

You didn't give Apau credit for that line. :D

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think JonB instigated this thread so he could once again hear how much the Viper community appreciates his services over the years. :rolleyes: Smart marketing. :2tu: :usa:

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Behalf of Jon B. he is a small business owner taking care of a large clientel..He always goes out of his way to expedite orders quickly and gives very good pricing. I have purchased thousands and thousands of items from him and would continue...It difficult finding part time employees who are going to answer the phone and care as much as an owner to the customer. That doesnt make it right for an employee to treat a customer without the respect and courtesy needed..

Keep up the good work Jon..

Adam

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Just one more - picture of Jon B at work!

"Crusty, Deaf, Old, Rude, Loser, Abusive, Busy, Curt, Fast, Patient, Trustworthy, Knowledgable, Brisk, Terse, Fair, Rushed, Rare Resource, Sarcastic, Committed, Competitive, A-Plus, Cheap, Convenient, Consistent, Classy, Honest, Helpful, Chipper, Very Nice, Asset, Informal, Mis-Understood, Truthful, Pleasant, Un-Smooth, Interesting, Can't-Win, Convenient, Curmudgeon, Soup-**** and Victoria's Secret Reject"

Don't forget **** Jon! Ohh la-la-la!

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Just one more - picture of Jon B at work!

Jon B is one of the few people that will help you find exactly what you are looking for. He will tell you the pro's and con's but will never push something to just make a sale. His service is top notch and people have to give him a chance and get to know him! To get on his good side remember to omit stupidass questions and don't try to doubt his knowledge with what other people say on the forum. If I didn't know better, I would swear Jon is originally a New Yorker. If not he would fit right in.

99 R/T 10
70 R/T Charger 440
60,000 BTU Stainless Gas Grill
320 H/P John Deer 40"Rider Mower (K&N,Smooth tubes, Exhaust)
(Part mods from Jon B)
72 Inch Plasma TV

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21