Poll: Daily Driver yes or no...

Is (one of) your Viper(s) a daily driver?

• I have an RT/10 daily driver

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I have a GTS daily driver

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • I do not drive (any of) my RT/10(s) daily

Votes: 56 32.2%
  • I do not drive (any of) my GTS(s) daily

Votes: 85 48.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also, does scraping the facia bottom ever not cause a cring?

the driveways in china town are steep

steamed buns.....yum

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the extra 'track critters' count? haha

[media]http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/DSCN0612.JPG[/media]

[media]http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/DSCN0613.JPG[/media]

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What about your 3/8" aluminium splitter/shield Dave???

That thing won't gouge, but I'd give you extra points for gouging the road and smoothing it for the rest of us.

Ted

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With only 133 votes, more than 99 percent of Viper owners neither don't nor do they drive their cars daily...I wonder what they do with them???

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 98 GTS (Roe supercharged) was parked crosswise at the back of a garage where the previous owner polsihed and waxed it. He told me that he often would just go out to the garage and Look at it, enjoying the vision of it. He also drove it to various states getting parts installed and various upgrades done to the car. Having the work done in another state saved him the cost of State tax. His wife had never sat in his Viper and that also means she never got to ride in it. Her loss. I don't demean him for that as I would buy his Ford GT if he offered to sell it to me. The car was in perfect condition thanks to him. Unfortunately I wrote that one off. He also owned a 93 RT10 that had only 1600 miles on it parked in his garage.

My second and present GTS was raced and driven occaissionally before I bought it. Constantly upgraded this GTS is extremely quick and I've been upgrading it to make certain that it outperforms and has better features than new such as my Sirius radio shows artist and song. My Tire pressure monitor also displays each tire's temp and pressure. Lighweight 1000hp rear axleshafts (from JonB), Bluetooth stereo and upgraded speakers work better than stock as my stereo shows battery strenghth and signal strength. My Gen 2 has BILLET wheels and 14" lighweight brakes before the ACR did. Aluminium flywheel with cf clutch, short shifter and lowered seat track. Etc. etc. I'm always finding new stuff to improve my Viper. Lately I found clear front side marker lights for $32. and had a kit of 50% tint made up that will include my HID headlights and taillights.

Oh, and I also drive, drive, drive. At the Kamloops HNITC show it was mentioned that some of my VCA buddies are going to drive to Napa Valley, California and I may want to do that (3500+ mi.).

Ted

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am the President.

Notice there is no lip hanging anymore and air dam for Roe duct is near gone. And Dave, only have talk of scrapes, no pictures. Trying for the sympathy vote?

Last edited:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An answer to the RT DD question:

It's my opinion that some of these cars are old and cheap (for what they are). These are two criteria for DDdom for me and many others. Almost anyone can buy an old RT with low mileage these days!! They get awsome mpg on the highway and are super fun to drive in any weather. Even with good warnings about the leaks people still want one.

I sold my '95 to a guy who intended to park it in his carport and use it as a DD two years ago. Anyone seen this car around Richmond,VA. ... heading to/from the Chapstick factory??? I'd love to know how it fares today. It was prestine when I sold it.....
-J

BTW, Tom.... Isn't it about time for a new shift knob?? Seems like a pretty easy task for a guy with a decent lathe and a chunk of aluminum...

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I voted GTS. I can't let the car just sit. It wants to be driven. Have only had the car for a little over 3 months and have put 8k miles on it. I guess I drive it more than most but I do travel a lot.

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure we will receive many volunteers (thanks Chad) and nominations.

We will need diversity. The longer it goes on, da werse it will get.

A lot to do to get 200 votes. I should have extended the voting period.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
slartibartfast

Enthusiast

beaumont???? kountz????

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
slartibartfast

Enthusiast

beaumont???? kountz????

La Porte, sandwiched between Pasadena and Galveston Bay.

You 2 fellows need to get together and come up with some screen names that don't remind me of what people name their pets when they are high on ******.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21