putting my Viper away for winter

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Winter is a bummer. My new ACR is up in Portland, and it's going to probably rain there for the next seven months. My GTS is in the Bay Area and the weather there is fantastic right now (giant storm blew through this week, but now it's in the high 70's a sunny). I'm in DC and it's frigging cold, drizzly, and miserable out. Hopefully will get back to the Bay Area in time to do some driving before the weather there turns rainy in November.

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if it makes you feel any better I cleaned mine up yesterday, filled it up and put stabilizer in, tucked away in the garage with the battery tender on it...........:(

Tony2

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah I just got back from putting putting mine away in my Uncle's heated shop :( this weather blows. I detailed her nice before put away :)

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, this blows. Seems like a very short driving season. Weather is in the 50's today - so will be driving some after work. But, I doubt there will be anymore good days after today [this week].

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will do another drive in my FE GTS tomorrow (sunny day after the snow last week) and than a last wash & wax & leather care and store it away for the next 5-6 months....:drive:

WINTER #9 will not be different to #1-8 ... a long wait!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAd both mine put away for a while now. It's o.k. though. I usually take my cars off the battery tenders in march and start them up. Only six months away....:smirk:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mid October in Ohio and your putting the car away for the winter?
Isn't that a little premature?

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will put mine away when the snow flys 1996 gts 11.60 @ 122 mph

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea but here in Ohio once you get into oct. you just can't be to sure what the weather is gonna do and it can be a PITA to put these cars away in the cold.
Mid October in Ohio and your putting the car away for the winter?
Isn't that a little premature?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran Mid OH track the last 3 days there, Sat was a wash but the other 2 days we had some awsome runs!

VIPRRR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
backed my 08 ssg Viper out of my garage on Saturday only to see the city oiling the street to apply the last pavement layer. So, now because of the cold weather I will have to put it away for the winter. I am going to invite Al Gore to Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada for a game of golf in our shorts, and watch him try to explain to me this global warming scam, as he freezes his balls off.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got window tints, clutch, new friction plate for the Fidenza and Oil change to do this winter. I also bought a Venom spoiler and can do body, paint and instal on that before the spring.

Since I bought myself a new M1000 snowmobile and added an 11bhp Y pipe I've got my Fun continueing throughout the winter. 175bhp at 500# while Viper is 3200# with only +850bhp. Sled works great for racing speedboats too (only up to about 85mph).

You must be registered for see images

Ted

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting a new garage built so my car is over at a buddy's place since mid November. I haven't even seen my car for weeks and weeks and weeks.....

Damn - I gotta get up there tomorrow just to look.

Greg

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the best driving weather in Southern Florida...no rain,normally bright sunny skies except today...

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the best driving weather in Southern Florida...no rain,normally bright sunny skies except today...

Between hurricanes?

Hey - that's all we got.........

Truth is that anyone that lives in cold weather is certainly able to move. For some reason, they choose to live where they do. As for me - I LOVE where I live!

Greg

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Between hurricanes?

Hey - that's all we got.........

Truth is that anyone that lives in cold weather is certainly able to move. For some reason, they choose to live where they do. As for me - I LOVE where I live!

Greg
Me too Greg, The warmer climates are nice to visit, But it just would not be any fun not having the anticipation to wait for Spring to bring the cars out. And the Cold isn't so bad.:D:D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let me see ... in Florida you can go to the race track or buy a boat. Highways are only good for 70mph. Lots of cops.

I was doubling a girl down the lake at over 100mph day before yesterday (breaking in the new sled). Went up the mountains twice this year where I am one of a couple thousand white men that has stood in that area in all of history! Yes, I get fresh powder for carvin' and mountains for climbing and jumping. I can still go waterskippin' in summer, but MY highway seldom has a cop on it. :) Viper time.

Ted

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well with this snow and my insurance payment due today I changed the oil and put her away for the winter. Now I will have to see what mods happen this winter

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me see ... in Florida you can go to the race track or buy a boat. Highways are only good for 70mph. Lots of cops.

I was doubling a girl down the lake at over 100mph day before yesterday (breaking in the new sled). Went up the mountains twice this year where I am one of a couple thousand white men that has stood in that area in all of history! Yes, I get fresh powder for carvin' and mountains for climbing and jumping. I can still go waterskippin' in summer, but MY highway seldom has a cop on it. :) Viper time.

Ted

Ted Ted Ted!!! Your minimizing us down here in the tropics. I live 15 minutes from south beach. If you were to see the selection of activity that you can get in your viper(passenger seat)you would reconsider. And our cars are very good at that. And yes I do have a boat 110+ mph cigarette. Takes less than an hour to run over to the bahamas for lunch. Did see a couple of cops on the way there but they just wave to say hi as there's no speed limit in the atlantic. Oh did I mention that what in my passenger seat is now in my boats cabin. This usually happens several times a year with little effort, But winter is the best...can you say Tourists! :devteeth:

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted Ted Ted!!! Your minimizing us down here in the tropics. I live 15 minutes from south beach. If you were to see the selection of activity that you can get in your viper(passenger seat)you would reconsider. And our cars are very good at that. And yes I do have a boat 110+ mph cigarette. Takes less than an hour to run over to the bahamas for lunch. Did see a couple of cops on the way there but they just wave to say hi as there's no speed limit in the atlantic. Oh did I mention that what in my passenger seat is now in my boats cabin. This usually happens several times a year with little effort, But winter is the best...can you say Tourists! :devteeth:

Ted's toast here

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten