selling my '99 gts for $29k

Status
Not open for further replies.

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or does this thread look like a piece of swiss cheese? No logic, no consistency and just plain no sense! I smell a rat...***??

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is now the Gen.2 owner/buyer marketplace.

I agree, the OP killed his own thread.

Tony1 has a point, you get involved to try and help and then start to wonder of the legitimacy of it all.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leave the kid alone... I'm glad he upped the price. Who cares if he did anyways? He realized he was foolish for listing it at 29k, that's ridiculously too low anyways. Do you really want people going around saying your car can be bought in the 20k range? I sure as hell don't.

Yes, he posted this thread asking for 29k. Yes I'm sure if you were going to buy it for that price and he raised it you might be thinking.. ***? But in reality, if you're going to be buying a viper, can you honestly say you wouldn't expect to be paying over 32k for it? Even 32k is too low for this car.. People post on these forums to get opinions and gain information, whether he moved his price around or not he took other people's opinions into perspective, which I'm assuming I was one of the one's who influenced him upping the price, and with that said, I'm glad I posted in his thread. :2tu:

No Viper such as the one he is selling should be selling for under 30k. It ****** me off every time I see it.

Roffle Waffle may have been an idiot when he posted this thread originally, but I feel he made up for it "slightly" by upping the price to "only" 32k. :smirk:

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Gen 2 Or 3 From Here On In Should Be Sold For Less Than 39k And Up Period ...thay Don't Make VIPERS Any More :think: It's Over Whaaaaaaa :crying: .:hello:

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Leave the kid alone... I'm glad he upped the price. Who cares if he did anyways? He realized he was foolish for listing it at 29k, that's ridiculously too low anyways. Do you really want people going around saying your car can be bought in the 20k range? I sure as hell don't.

Yes, he posted this thread asking for 29k. Yes I'm sure if you were going to buy it for that price and he raised it you might be thinking.. ***? But in reality, if you're going to be buying a viper, can you honestly say you wouldn't expect to be paying over 32k for it? Even 32k is too low for this car.. People post on these forums to get opinions and gain information, whether he moved his price around or not he took other people's opinions into perspective, which I'm assuming I was one of the one's who influenced him upping the price, and with that said, I'm glad I posted in his thread. :2tu:

No Viper such as the one he is selling should be selling for under 30k. It ****** me off every time I see it.

Roffle Waffle may have been an idiot when he posted this thread originally, but I feel he made up for it "slightly" by upping the price to "only" 32k. :smirk:

thank you for being one of few who understands my pricing. The initial price was made to attract a few bidders, like the original post stated. I changed it to a higher, but more flexible price. I appologize for any confusion this caused to anyone. As you can see by my HIGHLY detailed ads, I disclose EVERYTHING about my car.

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dude, you must not want to sell very bad- I emailed you first with a generous z06 trade/cash offer-no response

I also pm'd you a cash offer 94% of what your asking. - no response

I didn't get your email about the z06 trade, but I'd have politely declined that anyway. I'm not looking for a trade.

As for your other offer -$27,500 minus $600 tires minus $600 in gas to drive to you + 2 days of travel minus $300 to fly back = $26k net ... I thought that was a bit offensive, so I didn't put together a polite reply

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL well played.
The last place I would advertise my car for sale is here. All you get is the arm chair sales critiques from "experts" whose favorite sport is telling other people what their car is "really" worth. Everybody is worried about bringing down Viper values.....EXCEPT when they are looking to buy then you get low ballers like the guy who offered you 26K. Maybe he will give you 38K for it to uphold the value's for others....LOL

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL well played.
The last place I would advertise my car for sale is here. All you get is the arm chair sales critiques from "experts" whose favorite sport is telling other people what their car is "really" worth. Everybody is worried about bringing down Viper values.....EXCEPT when they are looking to buy then you get low ballers like the guy who offered you 26K. Maybe he will give you 38K for it to uphold the value's for others....LOL

+1 on this comment !

whos cares what someone wants to sell a car for? Maybe some people dont want to wait 2 years too sell their car? If he's asking 29k but "should be" asking 35k???? who cares, $6k to him might not be worth it to the seller. He maybe in a different position than others here. Its HIS CAR!

Coztenzo......are you telling me that if you didnt own a viper, and this guy offered you his car for $29K....you would say "I will give you 35k because I think its worth that, heres an extra 6k" ?? come on, it works both ways.

I have a viper and I bought it because it was the best car i could afford at the time. im a car nut and bought it for what it is. Whatever the value of my car is now, and whatever they are selling for now does not matter to me what so ever.

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you really care what people think your car is worth??? Buy it because YOU want it who cares what other people think. Im thinking you and Dan have something in common now! And its not his lack of hair!

Come on Anthony.... with these comments!

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coztenzo......are you telling me that if you didnt own a viper, and this guy offered you his car for $29K....you would say "I will give you 35k because I think its worth that, heres an extra 6k" ?? come on, it works both ways.

For starters, spell my name right... and second, lets take our cars out tomorrow instead of you working on your boat all day for 12 hours so you can take it out on sunday.

Anyways that is not what I'm saying, I'm saying the value of Vipers keep dropping because they are being sold cheaper by the day and are losing their value because of it. Unless the miles are extremely high, the car isn't in the greatest condition, mechanical problems, etc., then there has to be a point where the Viper can demand a certain price range without continuously dropping. I understand if not all, most cars depreciate over time, but a Viper is an exclusive car. It's not the same as a corvette where you see 5-10 of them a day and are built all the time.

So I strongly feel if you have a car that can demand a higher cost, why sell it for cheaper just to make a quick sale? The more this happens, the more people will expect to pay less for one. I am not selling mine, but when it comes time for the people who do plan on selling theirs, unless the right buyer is out there, there's a good chance they might not be able to sell their car for what it's really worth if every other Viper around them is being sold way cheaper. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would agree with me on this, and I'm sure there are plenty of other people who don't, but I do know that if you were going to sell your car, are you trying to tell me you would rather sell it for 29k then 35k? I highly doubt it............. And I just got your text, which I'm not going to read yet, because you purposely commented against me to be a ******. :smirk:

Last edited:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you really care what people think your car is worth??? Buy it because YOU want it who cares what other people think. Im thinking you and Dan have something in common now! And its not his lack of hair!

Come on Anthony.... with these comments!

Me and Dan have something in common now?? YOU even said he mainly bought his new car to pick up girls and to get more attention. I bought my car, a 96 over a much later year model because it's one of the most desired and collectible cars in the GENII family, and I was obsessed with it growing up- it's the only car I wanted since I was 12 years old. I know everything about the 96 and it's all I ever read about because I'm not only a car enthusiast, but I'm a Viper enthusiast. Why don't you ask DAN how much he knows about his 2006 he just bought lol.

And there is nothing wrong with these comments, I'm simply a guy who loves his Viper and Vipers in general. So it bothers me to see them being sold cheaper by the day.

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For starters, spell my name right... and second, lets take our cars out tomorrow instead of you working on your boat all day for 12 hours so you can take it out on sunday.

Anyways that is not what I'm saying, I'm saying the value of Vipers keep dropping because they are being sold cheaper by the day and are losing their value because of it. Unless the miles are extremely high, the car isn't in the greatest condition, mechanical problems, etc., then there has to be a point where the Viper can demand a certain price range without continuously dropping. I understand if not all, most cars depreciate over time, but a Viper is an exclusive car. It's not the same as a corvette where you see 5-10 of them a day and are built all the time.

So I strongly feel if you have a car that can demand a higher cost, why sell it for cheaper just to make a quick sale? The more this happens, the more people will expect to pay less for one. I am not selling mine, but when it comes time for the people who do plan on selling theirs, unless the right buyer is out there, there's a good chance they might not be able to sell their car for what it's really worth if every other Viper around them is being sold way cheaper. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would agree with me on this, and I'm sure there are plenty of other people who don't, but I do know that if you were going to sell your car, are you trying to tell me you would rather sell it for 29k then 35k? I highly doubt it............. And I just got your text, which I'm not going to read yet, because you purposely commented against me to be a ******. :smirk:

First of all I have to work on my boat all day because my "friends" trash it every time we go out......2nd of all why dont you be a friend and help me clean it, Instead of driving your "$29,000 car" around searching for action your not gonna get.....lol

You cant control a "market" for something (well actually you can but not in this situation). It all depends on the demand.....If people arent interested in vipers then they arent going to sell. Im not one to want to hold onto things, if I were too sell my viper for something else I would probably do the same for a quick sale. Not that im "well off" but its not worth the potential 1-2 years its going to take to find the right buyer thats going to pay the additional $5k...too me its not worth it, I want the new car asap.

Theres plenty of people that own vipers just because they want a sports car....they dont know anything about cars, arent real car enthusasts, kids that live with their parents that have all the money in the world..(you know Dan's reading this, because he creeps on our posts)....to them the viper, is just another "cool car" thats curretly worth "x dollars" because thats what they paid for it. Then 3 years down the road they look to see what they are "actually" selling for and they assume thats the price range they need to be selling for......whats wrong with that. These people dont care about YOU and what YOUR car is worth..heck they want to get rid of the car!!!

If someone wanted to sell their home fast in a real nice neighbor hood and sold it for $40k less than the avg home on that road, should the neighbors be pissed??? I dont get your your logic......I understand you want the values to stay high....I mean who dosent, every one wants their assests to be worth high numbers but the market is the market and theres nothing you can do about it.

O wait there is something you can do....Buy evey used viper out there (at the high prices that you prefer to pay) and put them all in a storage warehouse, now you will control a large percentage of the market!

but when it comes time for the people who do plan on selling theirs, unless the right buyer is out there, there's a good chance they might not be able to sell their car for what it's really worth if every other Viper around them is being sold way cheaper

who says what its really worth??? how can you say that?? They only way you can have an idea of what something is really worth it by looking at what they have been selling for!! thats it! Thats considered the current market value.

Its like when a jewler says "this ring is appraised for $10,000" well try and sell that ring for $10,000......you would be lucky to get $3-4k.....

Lets take this convo to PM as were off topic at this point! Sorry!

Good luck with the sale on the black and silver!

Martin:usa:

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a 16K mile '96 Viper with an impeccable maintenance history and every original part that was removed from the car (5 years ago) for what Roffle Waffle's asking for his because a guy was dealing with a divorce and HAD to sell the car for a very low price because he needed a quick sale. It didn't hurt the value of other Vipers because I know good and well what they're worth, and deals like this don't come along very often; I was just in the right spot at the right time. Now I wouldn't take $45K for the car in a bad economy with twice the miles...because it's worth more than that to ME.

If my wife wasn't wanting a new Challenger, there would have been a post saying "Sold" on here right now and it would have NO effect on the value of my Viper, or yours; it simply means someone else got a smokin' deal on a great Viper and we have a new owner among us.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look at the Ebay completed listings of most high end collector cars right now you'll see that only about 1 of every 50 or 60 listings is selling right now. The few buyers out there now know that if they wait long enough they'll get a great deal from a very motivated seller that doesn't really care about $5k one way or the other or just has to sell quickly for financial reasons. A Viper is not a necessity and half the fun of buying one is the hunt. This is extremely evident if you watch the TV auctions and shows like "what's my car worth ?" Everybody speaks in terms of before and after the plunge... The notion of just don't sell your car may not work for everyone.

Also factor in that you can buy brand new cars in the $30s now that pretty much equal Gen1 performance and approach that of Gen2s. Mustangs and Camaros for instance... At this point a nice bottom may be the best you can hope for so that eventually there is only one way to go. Blows if you're a seller but great for buyers...

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha my car is worth a lot more then 29k!!!! And who said I was searching around looking for action? I bought the car so I could drive it in weather like were going to have this weekend... considering I've barely driven it during the week as it is. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to continue arguing about this.. I'm busy doing some things at work, we can debate this in person if you feel like it lol.

First of all I have to work on my boat all day because my "friends" trash it every time we go out......2nd of all why dont you be a friend and help me clean it, Instead of driving your "$29,000 car" around searching for action your not gonna get.....lol

You cant control a "market" for something (well actually you can but not in this situation). It all depends on the demand.....If people arent interested in vipers then they arent going to sell. Im not one to want to hold onto things, if I were too sell my viper for something else I would probably do the same for a quick sale. Not that im "well off" but its not worth the potential 1-2 years its going to take to find the right buyer thats going to pay the additional $5k...too me its not worth it, I want the new car asap.

Theres plenty of people that own vipers just because they want a sports car....they dont know anything about cars, arent real car enthusasts, kids that live with their parents that have all the money in the world..(you know Dan's reading this, because he creeps on our posts)....to them the viper, is just another "cool car" thats curretly worth "x dollars" because thats what they paid for it. Then 3 years down the road they look to see what they are "actually" selling for and they assume thats the price range they need to be selling for......whats wrong with that. These people dont care about YOU and what YOUR car is worth..heck they want to get rid of the car!!!

If someone wanted to sell their home fast in a real nice neighbor hood and sold it for $40k less than the avg home on that road, should the neighbors be pissed??? I dont get your your logic......I understand you want the values to stay high....I mean who dosent, every one wants their assests to be worth high numbers but the market is the market and theres nothing you can do about it.

O wait there is something you can do....Buy evey used viper out there (at the high prices that you prefer to pay) and put them all in a storage warehouse, now you will control a large percentage of the market!

but when it comes time for the people who do plan on selling theirs, unless the right buyer is out there, there's a good chance they might not be able to sell their car for what it's really worth if every other Viper around them is being sold way cheaper

who says what its really worth??? how can you say that?? They only way you can have an idea of what something is really worth it by looking at what they have been selling for!! thats it! Thats considered the current market value.

Its like when a jewler says "this ring is appraised for $10,000" well try and sell that ring for $10,000......you would be lucky to get $3-4k.....

Lets take this convo to PM as were off topic at this point! Sorry!

Good luck with the sale on the black and silver!

Martin:usa:

viper96rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thank you for being one of few who understands my pricing. The initial price was made to attract a few bidders, like the original post stated. I changed it to a higher, but more flexible price. I appologize for any confusion this caused to anyone. As you can see by my HIGHLY detailed ads, I disclose EVERYTHING about my car.

If you want top dollar then you need to have a top dollar car.

Which means:

It has not been out in the salt (http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/632641-some-pics-winter-driving-2.html)
No scrapes under the front bumper
No small paint bubbles on edge of one of the doors
No clear coat chipping on a part of the window pillars
Not having a repainted hood (Damage???)
No Flat spots on the front tires

Don't upgrade the brakes because of flat spots get, new tires!!!!

costanZo you need to be realistic, I doubt you would pay 35K for this car. The values on all sport cars and classic cars are depressed because people are not willing to tie money up in these types of cars. In a couple of years the price will be higher as the economy recovers regardless of today's prices.

Now is the time to buy as many as you can afford, but pay cash. If you have to take a loan out you really can not afford the car.

We will never see prices this low unless we are all driving hybrids or electrics. Once prices begin to climb those looking to make a quick buck and those who bought the car to say "I own a Viper" will sell and the true car guy or gal will own these fine machines.

Prices where the lowest in March 2009 and have increased ever since. Nice Gen II cars are still holding their value $35k-$40k.

Last edited:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok to everyone out there that gets upset when someone asks less than what you think a viper should sell for just look at Franks cars. He has had the same cars for sale for years and he is asking full "value" for his cars. Then look at OGOs car selling for 25k in less than 24hrs. I was pissed about that one! Because I missed out on it. If I had seen the post about it 6 hrs sooner I would have a beautiful yellow GTS in my garage right now.

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL someone posts a decent car for $45k and everyone jumps on them about it being unreasonable. Roffle posts for $29k and everyone jumps on him for going too low.....I think Viper owners are the only ones that feel obliged to judge others because they think it somehow will end up affecting them.

Roffle, more power to ya at $29k or $30k or $32k or whatever. Nice Viper and while I don't care for the interior either, I'd still spring for it for your original asking price had I the money lying around. Then I'd change the interior.

2000acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't get your email about the z06 trade, but I'd have politely declined that anyway. I'm not looking for a trade.

As for your other offer -$27,500 minus $600 tires minus $600 in gas to drive to you + 2 days of travel minus $300 to fly back = $26k net ... I thought that was a bit offensive, so I didn't put together a polite reply

No problem dude- Ive bought and sold A LOT of cars over the years and I can tell you this- When you get an offer over 90% of your asking price- its not a lowball offer- and no offense should be intended.

Back to this car- It probably is worth 29k, the problem is no one wants to "guess" that the shimmy is caused by the 2 front tires- if its a suspension issue or worn parts the car could be worth over 5k less right there- that why I wanted the tire issue addressed.

P.s. On viper values in general I can get a stock 01 acr with low miles for 32k right now- that car is easily worth 3 k more- hence the offer within 1500$ of your asking price that made yours the better deal-

Anyways- if I deceide to get another viper i'll probably go that way-

good luck with the sale- put some used front tires on to address the shimmy and it will sell right away probably-

later

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roffle Waffle ?? Moving the price around .... at least the name fits :lmao:

When "was" the price $32k ??

If I were interested ... and now you change the price .... and other statements you made in this thread.....I think I would keep on looking. How old are you again ?

That is where I lost all my interest, with the price changing.

Edit: I was offered the car at one price. I did not get it as it was going on Ebay at the time. I watched, I waited, I did not bid. High bidder bailed on car.

Then I was offered the car at another price......car re-listed on Ebay...same...watched, etc

Car was then offered to me at a price that I could not say no to. Even though I knew I would be buying tires, etc. and changing out the gawd awful interior. I started to "source" interior parts and get pricing on these items. I did not buy any yet, but was laying the groundwork.

I was going to my C.U. and arrange an inspection of the car. Then get the $. Only reason was using my CU and not just "paying cash" was so that if my back acted up again and I was unable to work, I would be covered for the car. Not that this is of anyones business.....

So what do I find here when I log on the night before? Price back up and "make offer" crap.

Here is my offer..... sell it to one of those who said to raise the price. I will be happy to wait and buy a Gen.4 coupe next year. After all, it is only a play toy for me. Not like I need another car.

Good luck with your sale.

BTW, I did not read any of your PM's yet. So unless there is a real smoken offer in them, no thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is where I lost all my interest, with the price changing.

Edit: I was offered the car at one price. I did not get it as it was going on Ebay at the time. I watched, I waited, I did not bid. High bidder bailed on car.

Then I was offered the car at another price......car re-listed on Ebay...same...watched, etc

Car was then offered to me at a price that I could not say no to. Even though I knew I would be buying tires, etc. and changing out the gawd awful interior. I started to "source" interior parts and get pricing on these items. I did not buy any yet, but was laying the groundwork.

I was going to my C.U. and arrange an inspection of the car. Then get the $. Only reason was using my CU and not just "paying cash" was so that if my back acted up again and I was unable to work, I would be covered for the car. Not that this is of anyones business.....

So what do I find here when I log on the night before? Price back up and "make offer" crap.

Here is my offer..... sell it to one of those who said to raise the price. I will be happy to wait and buy a Gen.4 coupe next year. After all, it is only a play toy for me. Not like I need another car.

Good luck with your sale.

BTW, I did not read any of your PM's yet. So unless there is a real smoken offer in them, no thanks.

Each time I offered you a price, it was lower than before, as my expectations for the current market value fell. I don't see anything wrong with that

Last edited:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Each time I offered you a price, it was lower than before, as my expectations for the current market value fell. I don't see anything wrong with that

You don't need to bend over backwards for buyers @ your price unless you are deperate to sell for personal circumstances.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are correct. Each time you did offer it to me for a lower price. I never once said anything about getting it cheaper than you were offering it to me. My hold up was just in the inspection, taking time off of work, and just plain ole making up my mind.
Only thing that I saw and did not like was your post saying it went back up to 32k.

Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle
Price raised back up to $32k
but I'll entertain offers

That is fine, it is your choice. Just make sure your "cheering section" here that wanted you to raise the price helps you to sell it, if they don't buy it that is. After all, even at 32K it is a good deal.

Next time I take a day off from work, I will make sure that I know what I am doing for sure. That and the seller. too.

No hard feelings.....good luck with the sale.

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All this bickering over selling a car...jeez??

seriously....

I raised the ASKING price for everyone ELSE, I didn't tell Jerome to pay more than previously agreed upon.

In fact, I'm still entertaining offers around $29k

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Someone suggested that I re-balance the tires to get rid of the high speed vibrations caused by the 2 small flat spots. I'm planning to do that on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi