selling my '99 gts for $29k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone suggested that I re-balance the tires to get rid of the high speed vibrations caused by the 2 small flat spots. I'm planning to do that on Wednesday

Rebalancing the tires wont get rid of the vibration. You cant fix flat spots. Been there done that and it doesnt work. Time for 2 new tires. I flat spotted a tire and ended up buying 4 new ones as I didnt want old mixed with new. If you keep driving on a flat spotted tire it gets worse and wears the flat spot faster.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hurry before next price change to 33K!

And the great part is that in the interest of keeping used Viper prices artificially high, CostanZo has offered to make up the difference to Roffle between his current asking price and the "true" value of, what say 34K?.....;)

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or are these forums getting more and more hostile every day? :dunno:

A guy posts a great Viper for a great price, reasons for which don't matter to anyone but the OP, and gets yelled at for tarnishing Viper values! So he raises it, and gets made fun of for raising the price. So then, realizing that he shouldn't be listening to what everyone else is telling him from behind their keyboards across the world, lowers it back to make a fast sale....and gets crapped on again. Seriously, if "people" don't have any valuable input, "people" should just stay out of threads.

I don't understand where all this hostility towards everyone is coming from? The "recession" catching up with everyone? Wive's not putting out? Who knows...

My mom always told me, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." School also taught me the golden rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

OP, beautiful Viper and an amazing price. Like I said earlier, if I hadn't just lost my job, I would be all over this like white on rice :2tu: Good luck with the sale!

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it just me or are these forums getting more and more hostile every day? :dunno:

A guy posts a great Viper for a great price, reasons for which don't matter to anyone but the OP, and gets yelled at for tarnishing Viper values! So he raises it, and gets made fun of for raising the price. So then, realizing that he shouldn't be listening to what everyone else is telling him from behind their keyboards across the world, lowers it back to make a fast sale....and gets crapped on again. Seriously, if "people" don't have any valuable input, "people" should just stay out of threads.

I don't understand where all this hostility towards everyone is coming from? The "recession" catching up with everyone? Wive's not putting out? Who knows...

My mom always told me, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." School also taught me the golden rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

OP, beautiful Viper and an amazing price. Like I said earlier, if I hadn't just lost my job, I would be all over this like white on rice :2tu: Good luck with the sale!

thanks. Ive learned my lesson. I shouldn't try to please anyone here

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more quick hi-jack..

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/634983-big-brake-daves-car-killer-deal.html

If you'll review this thread, you'll see that Big Brake Dave's car sold for $25,000...and not ONE person critisized that price...so is it a pricing thing, or a status thing? If you're well known and renowned in the Viper community you can sell your car for whatever you want, but if you're a "newbie" so to speak, you're going to get crap from everyone and their mothers? :dunno:

:soapy:

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you'll review this thread, you'll see that Big Brake Dave's car sold for $25,000...and not ONE person critisized that price...so is it a pricing thing, or a status thing? If you're well known and renowned in the Viper community you can sell your car for whatever you want, but if you're a "newbie" so to speak, you're going to get crap from everyone and their mothers?
1) Dave's car sold because he died.
2) The car had 80k+ miles on it.

Apples. Oranges. Yamminy yamminy. For a benchmark of what it is like to sell a Viper, my own classified has been up short of a week, but I have received ZERO inquiries. It is a buyer's market.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks. Ive learned my lesson. I shouldn't try to please anyone here

It's not that you can't please anyone, it's just that you can't please everyone. Some people love to respond to posts in forums and those are the ones who are attracted to forums, like all of us, I guess.

Bob

:eater:

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I blame the economy. hahah.

I have an offer close to 28,500, but I'm gonna wait a week and hopefully get the full price. Heck, this is a LOT of car for this money, and its probably near the bottom end of viper prices. I'm sure they'll start going up in a year or 2. For anyone in Cali, I got shipping quotes ranging from $800-$950

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes there seems a bit of hostility. Kind of like the normal threads that caused me to quit the Alley.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could you post pics of the paint bubble, peeling clear coat and anything else that might be an issue. Do you know why the hood was painted...damaged?

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

think quick, I might agree to an offer tomorrow of 28k

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will somebody hurry up and buy this car !!! Put us out of our misery ! This comedy act is getting stale :rolaugh:

chnco

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll buy it for 29k, just give me the 29k! Or I'll give you the RT/10 and a couple thousand lol

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Front tire rebalancing day! Outcome may move the price either way.

Still no news on hood repaint.

Stay tuned for breaking news.

NADA and KBB both closely watching this thread.

OP
OP
R

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
previous owner said that hood was vandalized with eggs during his ownership, so he had is PROFESSIONALLY repainted

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A decent 99 gts for <$29k seems like a steal to me! Great year and great color. Good luck with the sale... and I wouldn't let it go at $28k even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21