Tator's BBQ May 20th 2007

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott--Actually we can get on the Northway from Exit 24, it's straight out of the truck stop.
As far as gas stations, not readily available from Exit 24 (Exit 24 is THE busiest thruway stop for this area). Possibly you guys can gas up at a rest area on the thruway before exiting Exit 24? If not, we can all get off one of the Northway exits and get you guys gassed up! Let us know, and if you need my cell, or want to provide yours or one of your group's, so you guys can call and let us know if you're nearby around 9-9:15am? If you PM me that, it will go no farther than us bringing it that day, and I'll destroy it after that.
I'll also provide you with ours, if preferable. Let me know what you think. THX! ~juli

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott--Actually we can get on the Northway from Exit 24, it's straight out of the truck stop. As far as gas stations, not readily available from Exit 24 (Exit 24 is THE busiest thruway stop for this area). Possibly you guys can gas up at a rest area on the thruway before exiting Exit 24?

Juli:

Here's about the best that we can do. Just not positive of the times since, if the gas stations are crowded, we may get bogged down waiting to gas up. I'll PM you our contact numbers. Half the time, I don't even hear my cell phone ringing in the car. I'll make sure to give you a call when we're at the New Baltimore Area.

For those that are doing the Sunday drive:

7:30 AM - Ardsley Rest Area NYS Thruway (immediately after toll)
9:00 AM - New Baltimore Service Area (after exit 21A)
9:15ish - Exit 24 Truck Stop (meet the Albany Bunch)

Then we take I-87 to EXIT 13N
Follow Route 9 north to the Saratoga Spa State Park
Turn LEFT onto the AVENUE OF THE PINES.
Follow the avenue throught he park approximately one mile.
The Museum is in on your left in the building marked "Bottling Plant".

*** Silver (Adrian)
City
Dimitrios
ACR Steve
The Spirit
Just a Dream
Chazz
Dr. John

auto_museum.jpg

Last edited:

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SCOTT & JEFF

We will be at exit 24 no later than 9:15 waiting for you guys. When you're approaching the toll booths get in the lane furthest to the right. As soon as you go thru the toll booth the truck stop will be on the right. Looking forward to seeing & meeting everybody! Give us a call that morning & let us know your ETA.

Bo knows 97 red GTS
Mike & Juli 03 black SRT The Beast
The Hammer 03 srt silver
Igoe 03 red SRT

I always wanted to do a list!
Bo

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay guys, i have changed plans and I am coming Sunday Morning instead. I would love to meet up at one of the 3 meeting points. I have no idea where any of them are in my route as far as which would be the easiest to get to for me...I am leaving from Danbury CT, Taking 84W to the Taconic To I-90? Is this the best way to get to the NYS thruway? Thanks guys...let me know....

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone heading up on Sunday from NJ?? If so, what time and where are you meeting?
I plan to meet the NY crew at the New Baltimore rest stop at 9am. I will be driving a sedate pace.

My route is:
Fort Lee -> Rt 4 E -> Rt 17 N -> GS Parkway N -> I-87 N -> Service area after exit 21A

If you want to hook up before then, let me know.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay guys, i have changed plans and I am coming Sunday Morning instead. I would love to meet up at one of the 3 meeting points. I have no idea where any of them are in my route as far as which would be the easiest to get to for me...I am leaving from Danbury CT, Taking 84W to the Taconic To I-90? Is this the best way to get to the NYS thruway? Thanks guys...let me know....
I'm not sure if the driving time is quicker via the Taconic (don't think so), but the best way to meet up with us is to just take Rte 84 all the way west to the NYS Thruway (Rte 87 North). If you get there by 8AM you can pull off to the side and wait for us to go by. That way you can hang with our group for the majority of the drive up to Saratoga.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick note: We WILL be going to the BBQ no matter if it's a downpour or not, and will meet at the Exit 14 off the thruway's truck stop (again 9am-9:30am)...we can all ride up together, rain or no rain...so far, it's looking better than it originally said...so possibly just COLD that day and brief sprinkles....looking forward to seeing all of you! ~juli~

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jeff--Yeah, at least it'd be somewhat feasible, even if cold that day...we will be going, unless the Wizard lets us know it's cancelled, which we doubt, as Saratoga Auto Museum is ALSO having a car show that they NEVER cancel due to rain...so we'll be there one way or the other, if we meet you guys getting off exit 14 also, that'd be wonderful!!! ~juli~

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like my hardtop (now nicely packed away for the season) may have to make a reappearance. :(

I does make the stereo sound better. :D And the increased gas mileage....:rolaugh:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, looks like for YOU guys down 'south', you'll be hitting more rain, then it'd be clearing up more up here 'north'. Definitely not vert weather yet, drat...
See you all at Exit 14, if not, then at the bbq!! ~juli~

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the driving time is quicker via the Taconic (don't think so), but the best way to meet up with us is to just take Rte 84 all the way west to the NYS Thruway (Rte 87 North). If you get there by 8AM you can pull off to the side and wait for us to go by. That way you can hang with our group for the majority of the drive up to Saratoga.

Sounds good, I will take that advice, also sounds much easier, and I will wait for you guys in the a.m. at one of the stops, preferably like you said on 87 i will find a good spot....

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Juli with the 05 BEAST, isn't it exit 24 ??
Bo

AHHHHH :omg: :omg: ---YESSS, BO, thank you----Exit 24 off the thruway. I apologize for ANY :rolleyes: confusion....and yes, we will be there, too---been looking forward to it for too long! Yep, rain, snow, sleet--whatever--we'll be there also!!
(sorry bout that, and thank you for the correction, Bo!!--see ya Sunday 9am! (EXIT 24 TRUCK STOP)
~juli~

Last edited:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:woot: NY/CT Region T-Shirts :woot:
(limited sizes and colors)

Will be available
the Day of TatorToga
for the special price of only

:woot: $10!!! :woot:

t_shirt_back.jpg

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a GREAT deal, :omg: we've been wanting BLACK NY/CT t-shirts for a couple years now...hope black is there, we've bought the other colors!! ;) ~juli~

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds GREAT Jeff--looking forward to seeing your group as well as Scott and Adrian's meeting up with us Albany-ers. See ya Sunday~~juli

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather report for Sunday is improving. Only a 30% chance of rain, partly sunny, temps low to mid 60's, keep your fingers crossed! I have some t shirts left over from last years show at Guptils I'll bring. $10.00 if anybody is interested. Two more Albany Vipers joining us Sunday at exit 24. Can't wait, see you all then!

Bo knows 97 red GTS
Mike & Juli 05 black SRT The BEAST
The Hammer 03 silver SRT
Igoe 03 red SRT
Steve B 02 yellow RT/10
Dutch 04 Black Mamba SRT

Bo

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

James, maybe I'll join you in Danbury Sunday morning. I was thinking about going I-84 to 87 and would have to drive by Danbury.

- Tony

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather report for Sunday is improving. Only a 30% chance of rain, partly sunny, temps low to mid 60's, keep your fingers crossed! I have some t shirts left over from last years show at Guptils I'll bring. $10.00 if anybody is interested. Two more Albany Vipers joining us Sunday at exit 24. Can't wait, see you all then!
Bo knows 97 red GTS
Mike & Juli 05 black SRT The BEAST
The Hammer 03 silver SRT
Igoe 03 red SRT
Steve B 02 yellow RT/10
Dutch 04 Black Mamba SRT
Bo

Bo--That's great that you got ahold of the other 2!! Now we'll have SIX:drive: Vipers joining the 'convoy' of NYC and NE Vipers hopefully at Exit 24, 9-9:15am tomorrow~really looking forward to this :D ~definitely we're interested in the BLACK t-shirts. Keep holding out for better weather ~juli Thanx Bo for all your efforts! :2tu:

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
James, maybe I'll join you in Danbury Sunday morning. I was thinking about going I-84 to 87 and would have to drive by Danbury.

- Tony

Tony, that would be great. Whatever time you want to meet would be great....maybe we can even meet at the starbucks right before the highway exit 2.....I want to leave early , but will go whenever i you want to do it together...let me know, i will P.M. you my cell...

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting ready to leave :burnout: :drive: around 12 noon will get to
the hotel around 4-5 ready for dinner:meal: and looking
forward to seeing everyone.:2tu:

Skeeter

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli, there is only "1" black XL T-shirt left!!:omg: I'll make sure we save it for you!:cool:
See you guys tonight!:drive:

Thank you Mr. Wizard!!! :2tu: We've really been trying for years to get black ones!! I appreciate that you would hold the last one, yes, we'll take it!! Will see you tomorrow, Chuck, as well as Skeeter and Marie....sorry your trip up today is not a nice sunny day.
Looking forward to our 'convoy' tomorrow with the the NYC, NE, and Albany people!! :D
SEE YA ALL SOON!!! ~juli~

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well while your all having fun i had to do a service on a SRT-10...........
So let me be the first to say

:usa2::needpics::uk:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187