The LOUDEST most obnoxious exhaust

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
if you add a set of headers it'll be a little louder but it wont be so harsh on your ears.

Somehow I don't get this... :) Please explain...

You have the Kooks, right?

I was looking at them the other day, very affordable!

Either that or a tune is coming up in the next couple of months.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the stock manifolds, the catless corsa track (IMO) has some high pitched raspiness/ear splitting noise...really hurt my ears after a while. With the Kooks headers the harshness went away...I guess it smoothed it out for lack of a better word. It's a bit louder but doens't hurt my ears so much.

OK....on the KOOKS. The headers are around $1600.00 or so. The connector pipes are another $1000.00. I bought the connector pipes, they are clean and they have a flex pipe. If I were to do it over, I'd probably make my own connecetor pipes and save the thousand.

tune or the headers will get you close to the same numbers with what you already have. Kooks headers are a ***** to put in....bellangers are MUCH easier.

496 rwhp and 522 rwtq headers, !cats and corsa track - everything else stock

OP
OP
B

Billy The Kidd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do you mean i dont know what i am in for??? lol. oh by the way, i would have eliminated the cats too but NY state, with inspection and emissions, i would NEVER NEVER pass...:)

D

DAMN YANKEE

Billy, just joshing ya..

It says

"You Best Learn Me Billy"

Be careful with your ears, be reasonable about all this, what you hear inside is different from what others hear outside. For them, its loud and then your gone, for you its loud and then its loud and then its loud and then its loud...

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....and then you'r at the doctors office and she tells you "Well, your left ear is very red and inflamed....put these drops in every few hours and wear ear plugs while you driving that tractor." ;)

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Yup, either he's def or will be running home to momma to have mufflers installed after the first drive!! LOL

I've spent over 3K on exhaust parts, and install, I am sick of this... but it is too freaking loud!! and no way I am doing cats.

What do you think about installing this where the cat goes??

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail...mp;autoview=sku

Because straight pipe is way louder!!!
WAY louder!

Billy up there doesn't know what he's in for lol

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you want “THE LOUDEST”, you need to change more than just the headers, cats, straight pipes, no mufflers, etc.

You need a NASTY cam.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, either he's def or will be running home to momma to have mufflers installed after the first drive!! LOL

I've spent over 3K on exhaust parts, and install, I am sick of this... but it is too freaking loud!! and no way I am doing cats.

What do you think about installing this where the cat goes??

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail...mp;autoview=sku

It will help but not much, but they are cheap so try them out might be enough for you. Roe mufflers will quiet it down a lot...I used them along with the first set of corsa mufflers and it was pretty tame...just wasn't crazy about the sound.roe mufflers

I've played with every thing out there too. I don't see any other way to make it quiet enough for you, your gonna have to either put the cats back in or put a cross over in it....I'm going to put the B&B in mine soon.