Vancouver to Palm Springs and back again.

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Google says its 2225 kilometres (1390 miles) each way.

Took the wife, two dogs (chihuahua & our border collie!), and three duffel bags (standard luggage for our viper road trips) and headed south.
Trip down was a straight shot 23.5 hours...we had to be a at a wedding and time was short. It was a long drive but pretty much a breeze. Car was rock solid the whole way...i find the viper so invigorating to drive that i don't get tired. My only complaint is that the I-5 from Sacramento to LA is s***.

Got to Palm springs, had a great time, wedding, went to universal studios, caught the LA Kings/Canucks game, ate some good food. While i was down there I noticed my tires were getting pretty worn (I've gotten 20,000 miles out of them)...Called up Jon B @ Parts rack and he had four new PS2's sitting on my door step in palm springs in 36 hours. New rubber felt great.

after 8 days we piled back in the car, wife dogs and all and headed back to Canada. This time we took highway 1 and 101 up the coast...beautiful drive! once it got dark we jumped back on the freeway and hoofed it. thought about stopping in San Fran but i felt great so we just kept pushing...all told 22 hours later we arrived home.

I love this car! put over 3000 miles on it in 10 days (more than some people in 10 years) and it just ate it up, crossed 30,000 miles on the trip. A wash, vacuum and oil change and she's ready for more. Thinking about driving her to Alaska next summer :)

GTS FE# 358

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've made the drive into Alaska twice and out of Alaska once. You had better price a windshield now so you aren't shocked later! Glad to hear you had a great trip to Palm Springs, you are right about the drive fom Sacramento on down, nothing but pig and cow farms...ugh!

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where did you fit two dogs in a Viper next to luggage ? Just recently , visiting my friend in White Rock, he asked me if his dog could come along going to his boat at the local marina. I said no but luckily, my dog lover friend was along for the ride in his 550 Maranello and the dog went in that. The Maranello has a large rear deck behind the seats where my friend's large dog could lie down.Pheeew !

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that's what the car is meant for, driving!
Good for you.
I actually took my '05 camping one year. My wife and I crammed the trunk full (tent, fishing poles, etc.) and put a small cooler on the floorboard under her legs. It was worth it, just to take it out on the country roads around Possum Kingdom Lake, west of Ft. Worth.
Remember guys, there is no prize for the lowest mileage Viper!:drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96