vec instalation????

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put mine in about a month ago. It was a lot easier than I thought after it was all said and done. Although you need a strong back to sit up underneath the foot pedal area and all.

I know you have the instructions, but from what I remember I just disconnected the battery and took off the knee bolster under the dash. Hooked all the wires up under there. Opened up the PCM cover. Drilled a hole in the side of the firewall so that the hole came out just under the carpet. Then ran the wires thru to the PCM and hooked em up. Works like a charm.
I did not feel comfortable putting a hole in the clutch dust boot, so I drilled a hole in the firewall instead and am glad I did as it was easy as heck. Only thing is, I would wrap the wires with some electrical tape heavily in the area where it passes thru the firewall so the friction doesn't wear a hole in the wire insulation. I took my sweet ol time and it took me a few hours to do the whole thing.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had no idea they were even in stock yet. Last time I was on his site, it said they were on back order.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steel GTS,
Man I wish I was down there. I would help. But I work REAL slow. My work is aways the best. I took about a week to install mine. Take out the seats, center console, under dash. I put my display unit in the ash tray and the controller in the glove box. Wire in Molex disconnects under the center console so that you can unplug the units to remove the console. No need to cut the wires. Everything is soldered and shrunk tubed. Very little 3M Electrical tape used. Soldering is a MUST on the PCM Plug.

You guys want to see some pictures of the installation? Let me take some pictures and upload.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miami here I come! Just kidding.

I just walked out to the garage and took these. I do have pictures with all the pieces out of the car also. But this should give you an idea of the "Hidden" treatment.

I had to build an angle box under the controller and then cover it in matching carpet. It all looks good and the stock interior look was kept.

Jerry

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Reaction score
Hey Jorge -

What am I...chopped liver
smile.gif
? You know ANYTIME you'd like you can stop by and visit, I can spare a few minutes for you! I'll be dyno testing for a bit today but you can get a hold of me on my cell phone.

Best Regards,
Doug Levin