Venom 550 Exhaust

shelbynut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey All,

Just picked up an exhaust system from a Venom 550 to put on my 94 (it can NEVER be too loud!). It's the cat and muffler section and is 3". Just trying to identify exactly what I have here, the cat has a chrysler part number on it but my buddy at the dealership ran it through the computer and came up with nothing (I though it might be a MP part).

You must be registered for see images attach

Cat - 3" Chrysler part number 4643244, also has the numbers 83808 and 558767-0 with an italic E in front of it.

Muffler - 3" stainless - No part numbers, just says "Exhaust Tech" on it.

Anyone know anything about these pieces, good or bad? Apparantly came on the 1996 Venom 550.

Jay

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HI, JAY. THESE LOOK LIKE THE HEN S E EXHAUST THAT CAME ON MY '94. I BOUGHT IT FROM AN EX-ROCK GUITAR PLAYER IN MONTREAL. AT FIRST I THOUGHT HE COULDN'T HEAR BECAUSE OF HIS ROCK-N-ROLL DAYS, THEN I THOUGH "AHA" IT MUST HAVE BEEN THE EXHAUST. MAYBE IT'S A CANADIAN THING?

I took it off as soon as I could. It was loud, it had the drone, it was getting worse (the fiber material inside the straight-through "mufflers" was gone.) Anyway, I remember the "Exhaust Tech" and it was 3" in and out. Good luck with it.

OP
OP
S

shelbynut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like the exact same exhaust, don't know how I missed that thread, but there doesn't seem to be a definative answer to the question there either!

Jay