Where are some Switched 12v locations?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
other than the blue wire under the dash, are there some other common places one can tie into to get a switched 12v source?

John

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when I had the Valentine 1 installed, the sparky used a 'spare' switched relay in the fuse box to save cutting into wires, dont ask which one it was though.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found two out of a group of 5 or so under the lower steering column cover.

:)

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanx....now since I am not that bright with electrical matters....how do I tap into the fuse. What little trinkit do they make that I can hook another wire into that fuse?

John

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll need a small fuse tap. Basically you plug the fuse into the tap and then plug the tap into the fuse slot. The positive (red) wire attaches to the fuse tap. Should be less than $1 at auto parts store.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or, you can do the sloppy thing that I do: remove a fuse, take a wire and wrap it around one of the legs of a fuse, and then stick the wire and the fuse back into the fuse panel. Instant connection!

JD

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use the Littel Fuse - "Add-A-Fuse". This is a piggy back device that plugs into an existing fuse receptacle. In affect it turns a single fuse into a two fuse outlet. There are several fuses in the interior fuse block location that are either switched on at "Key-On" or "Engine-On".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX