Wideband for AEM best choice for TT?

3520henri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 98 gts TT with AEM. Is the AEM air fuel guage the way to go and does it just plug into the AEM without any other tuning? OR is there something better on the market? Car is running great, but do not have an air fuel guage, and think I should have one. I had one of my last car, but it was an Autometer air fuel that was like $70 and it did not seem very accurate.

Thanks

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can buy the AEM serial gauge and wire it into the AEM to read AFR.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I personally like the stealthy "no gauges" look....maybe a very, very, small boost gauge somewhere. Truthfully you normally don't need a wideband gauge with a standalone as they're usually tuned using just a wideband and sometimes the front O2's. The gauge would be just for your own personal viewing pleasure. The dynojet wideband gauge is pretty nice if you like a traditional sweeping needle gauge look and I do believe they use the same sensor as the AEM so interfacing it SHOULDN'T be a problem. I've had an AEM gauge in a few other turbo cars I've owned, and while they are nice to have if not running a full standalone they do tend to get annoying as the readings constantly adjust to the second decimal.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an AEM gauge in my Viper and I realize its really not that helpfull in tuning, but it is nice to see it go on the richer side as I'm boosting. My 3000gt VR4 has an AEM standalone and wideband gauge and recently I blew a vacum line off. Car ran fine, but was running rich at idle...I would not have noticed it running rich if I didn't have a widwband gauge.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Warner Robins this week....small world. PM sent your way speedracer.

I had the aem uego gauge in my previous viper. Worked fine for me but didn't use for tuning. Just ordered the same gauge for my current viper but wish I had got the serial datastream aem gauge as it monitors 19 diff channel. Reason I didn't because it's not widebrand just reads of the aem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte