Shows 48 To 51 Rwhp

With Factory Catalytic Converters And The

Stock Pcm.

Explanations?

:)

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was curious as well... there is a post a year and a half ago where DC performance got 618 rwhp out of my ACR with Belangers, high flow cats and Mopar controller with 93 octane...and average of 3 runs. The best was 638 rwhp! Base line was 542 rwhp...so what gives?

Bigsalgt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^It's no secret that the "Chrysler Gods" maintained lower crank HP numbers to the media. All Viper generations hold much higher RWHP numbers then the stock crank HP numbers suggest.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Below is a recent Tech Article in " Snake Eyes " magazine of the New OEM ACRX Headers. The article is based on performance facts and utilizes other Viper Tuners non bias test results. Also great reading information ( Tips ) for those who may be planning to install the ACRX Headers themselves or plan to take to their local Viper tech.

( 594 HP & 538 TQR TO THE REAR TIRES )
http://forums.viperclub.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=8906&d=1282712659
( 4 page PDF article so use your scroll bar )

Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or comments.

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy Gomez - President

Attachments

• SE0710-HeaderInstall.pdf
    714.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

Summer 2010 Viper Magazine Page >> Page 39

“catalyst And Downstream O2 Sensors
Were Removed. Winkles Estimated That
Change Netted 20 Horsepower While The
Headers Netted And A Revised Engine Fuel And
Spark Calibration Accounted For The Other 20
Horsepower Gained Over The Production
600 Horses,”

This Power Is Rated At The Crank

So My Question Is:

20 Hp From Acrx Headers And The Mopar Pcm = 15 Rwhp

My Stock 2008 Acr With Belanger Headers Consistantly

Shows 48 To 51 Rwhp

With Factory Catalytic Converters And The

Stock Pcm.

Explanations?

:)

dang thats a heck of a gain.....Lou bellanger knows what he is doing. he's been doing headers for our cars for long time.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yet if you read the paragraph before, Winkles quotes "Our first thoughts was to go with the tried and true tri-Y system, but we found that the 5-into-1 configuration outperformed it across the engine speed range. They were lower cost, and we got on-time delivery, an all-around better product for our customers".

So I read that and conclude that the tri-Y's would have made less power in the ACR-X versus the 5 into 1's....apparently the V-10's like the 5 into 1 configuration since it puts out not only up top, but down low too.

You can't compare the standard Gen IV motor with the ACR-X motor and get comparable numbers...the stock motor will make more power IMO due to the cast pistons versus the forged units in the ACR-X....it just wouldn't survive as long under race conditions. Also, I'm guessing that the programming might be slightly different than what even the Mopar controller puts out...but I'm not sure of that. I think the key to the ACR-X's success is having a trouble free race car that can survive full on race conditions and still be bloody fast.

Woodhouse is getting 594 hp with the ACR-X headers, controller and Corsa's...that's pretty impressive for a street driven car.

Cheers,
George

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think everyone is missing the point, Winkles is talking in addition to teh increases from adding the headers already, THE ACRX MAKES MORE POWER BECAUSE OF THE EXTRA CHANGES after the already increases from the header install,

There is no other explanation...

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think everyone is missing the point, Winkles is talking in addition to teh increases from adding the headers already, THE ACRX MAKES MORE POWER BECAUSE OF THE EXTRA CHANGES after the already increases from the header install,

There is no other explanation...

No. he's clearly talking about Elimination of Catalyst & Downstream 02 Sensors "netted 20 HP" while the Headers + Engine Fuel and Spark Calibration accounted "for the other 20 gained over the production horses."

You're reading it ass backwards. :lmao: But the headers did contribute something towards the other 20 horses gained. My question is...how much of the other 20 horses did the headers contribute compared to the engine fuel and spark calibration. The article makes it sound as if the headers contributed little within the context it was written in. Perhaps Winkles can come on here someday and explain his quote in the article.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted on this some time ago. The claims on the aftermarket headers are not consistent with the Dodge numbers--i.e., the aftermarket header claims are overstated.

This may be a case of factory hp vs. aftermarket hp.

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put Belanger headers & Mopar PCM on my 08 it made 596rwhp and 565rwtq. That was before I put 93 octane in it. Also it should be noted that the track record the ACR-X set was done with Belanger headers.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put Belanger headers & Mopar PCM on my 08 it made 596rwhp and 565rwtq. That was before I put 93 octane in it. Also it should be noted that the track record the ACR-X set was done with Belanger headers.

In another thread, ViperX states that ACR-X's that were dyno'd are putting out 600 rwhp.....but Dodge claims 640 crank hp.

Hmmmm, nothing like a 6.5% driveline loss :lmao:

Cheers,
George :eater:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
In another thread, ViperX states that ACR-X's that were dyno'd are putting out 600 rwhp.....but Dodge claims 640 crank hp.

Hmmmm, nothing like a 6.5% driveline loss :lmao:

Cheers,
George :eater:

Hey George,

Yes. The actual number the ACRX made was 605 rwhp on a conservative chassis "dyno jet" dyno with only a few hundred miles on it. Can't give you the owners name or he'll shoot me. On a generous dyno (or just fully broken in), this car would probably make 20 more rwhp or even more.

The ACRX engines are very under-rated at 640 fwhp. I'm guessing the ACRX engine controller is set up for 100 octane fuel.

My own 09 ACR made 580 / 566 rwhp with Belangers, 3-inch Corsa, no cats, Mopar controller, K & N's, about 94 octane and a ported intake; again on a conservative dyno.

According the my tuner, the Mopar race controller was pulling timing that day even with 94 octane fuel; so there's more power to be made with higher octane fuel.

Dan

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey George,

Yes. The actual number the ACRX made was 605 rwhp on a conservative chassis "dyno jet" dyno with only a few hundred miles on it. Can't give you the owners name or he'll shoot me. On a generous dyno (or just fully broken in), this car would probably make 20 more rwhp or even more.

The ACRX engines are very under-rated at 640 fwhp. I'm guessing the ACRX engine controller is set up for 100 octane fuel.

My own 09 ACR made 580 / 566 rwhp with Belangers, 3-inch Corsa, no cats, Mopar controller, K & N's, about 94 octane and a ported intake; again on a conservative dyno.

According the my tuner, the Mopar race controller was pulling timing that day even with 94 octane fuel; so there's more power to be made with higher octane fuel.

Dan

Thanks for the confirmation Dan...that really is an impressive number. Dan do you know if the ACR-X uses the off the shelf Mopar controller or do they have specific timing and fuel curves programmed into the ACR-X pcm?

Have a nice evening.

Cheers,
George

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62