Coming to the Viper family first...One 'hellofa' deal on a 750hp + Viper!!

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coming to the Viper family first...One \'hellofa\' deal on a 750hp + Viper!!

All-
It comes with great pain that I must part with my Viper....As I posted to the board previously, I am purchasing a new home in CA (where the weather is warm all year, and the real estate prices still soar!). Unfortunately, I tried to hold onto my Viper, and now it must be sold to free up some cash....

For anyone who is looking for a heck of a deal, this may be one opportunity you don't want to miss!! I am coming to the Viper family first, before I try selling it through other mediums.

Since I close on my new home in the next week, I need to try and sell it before then. My loss will be someone else's treasure :2tu: ...

:cool: DETAILS FOLLOW...... :cool:

*This is the SAME car that was featured on the cover of Car and Driver Magazine the cover of Viper magazine, Car and Driver Television, Car and Driver Calendar, screesavers, and more!! :2tu:

* Car and Driver called my car: "THE ALL TIME KING OF THROTTLE RESPONSE" that "RUNS LIKE A GERMAN FREIGHT TRAIN" and "HAS STOCKLIKE DRIVABILITY".. :2tu: This car can clearly handle anything you can throw at it. Perfect car for the street, strip, road race/track, or dare I say...platform for other upgrades like NOS or a supercharger :cool: .

*This may be the most powerful naturally aspirated Viper to run on pump gas! :2tu:

* There are 1400 miles on engine, brakes, transmission, drive-train, cooling system, interior, etc.. 7400 miles on odometer (mostly strapped down to machines for engine break-in)... Car was purchased with 6yr/70k mile premium Dodge warranty.

For interested parties I can e-mail you the links to the Car and Driver and Viper articles, as well as an excerpt from the TV coverage (yes, it's me on TV).

<font color="blue">CAR AND DRIVER SPECIFICATIONS </font>
2001 VIPER ACR...750hp/800tq!!!
Vehicle type: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 2-passenger, 3-door coupe
Price as Tested: $147,704 (base price*: $130,814) &lt;F.C. NOTE: base ACR+guzzler+lux=$87920&gt;
Engine type: pushrod 20-valve V-10, aluminum block and heads, custom engine-control tuning MODIFICATIONS (all parts made by Apex Motorsports except as noted): Engine and transmission: blueprinted block and balanced assembly, billet/keyed crankshaft, CP forged pistons, Oliver billet connecting rods, custom camshaft, ported/polished Mopar Performance heads, T&amp;D rockers, Manley pushrods, precision balanced damper, modified Mopar true-roller timing chain, custom high-flow fuel-injectors, extrude-honed intake, carbon-fiber airbox, APEX 70-mm throttle bodies, Corsa exhaust with tuned stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual-Kevlar clutch, B&amp;M short-throw shifter, Fluidyne radiator, lightweight Unitrax halfshafts, Mopar high-temp plug wires $36,999 installed
Suspension: stock Dodge Viper ACR
Brakes: StopTech 4-wheel brake kit w/ parking brake $5895 installed
Wheels and tires: stock Viper ACR cast aluminum wheels, 10.0 x 18-in front, 13.0 x 18-in rear, Michelin Pilot SX MXX3 tires, 295/35ZR-18 front, 335/30ZR-18 rear
Body and interior: entertainment system, $7500; custom yellow seat and console upholstery, $5995; LETHAL 750 front bumper with fog &amp; driving lights and brake cooling ducts $3395
Displacement 550 cu in, 9030cc
Power (manufacturer’s claim) 750 bhp @ 5600 rpm
Torque (manufacturer’s claim) 800 lb-ft @ 4300 rpm
Transmission stock Tremec T56
Front brakes StopTech 14.0 x 1.25-in vented and grooved discs;
StopTech 4-piston calipers
Rear brakes StopTech 13.0 x 1.25-in vented and grooved discs;
StopTech 4-piston calipers
Brake-pad material Pagid Orange carbon-metallic
Wheelbase 96.2 in
Length 176.7 in
Curb weight 3360 lb
Weight distribution, F/R 44.6/55.4 %
*Base price includes all performance-enhancing options

:shocked: Here is a more detailed list of upgrades...and there are plenty of them!!! :shocked:

ENGINE and DRIVETRAIN-
• Over 550 Cubic Inches! Over 9.0 Liters!
• Remove, inspect, and prep block for boring and stroking
• Balance/blueprint complete rotating assembly
• Custom aircraft billet steel, keyed stroker crankshaft
• Oliver Billet steel connecting rods
• Custom CP forged pistons
• Double strength billet main caps
• 3 bolt hydraulic roller camshaft
• Stage IV fully ported &amp; polished MOPAR performance Viper heads with 2.02/1.60 valves, upgraded valve springs, titanium retainers and locks
• Extrude Honed intake manifold
• T&amp;D 1.7 roller rocker arms
• Chro-moly pushrods
• High performance lifters
• Heavy duty main bearings
• ARP hardware
• Exclusive high-volume Viper fuel injectors
• 1 3/4" to 1 7/8" headers with 5-into-1 Burns collectors; 2000 degree coating
• Performance header gaskets
• Stainless header bolts with SureLok washers
• 3" high-flow catalytic converters
• Corsa 3" cat-back with 4" tips
• Precision-balanced harmonic balancer
• SFI-approved True roller timing chain
68 mm throttle bodies
• Carbon fiber airbox
• Silcone Smooth Tubes
• Mopar VIPER GTS-R spark plug wires with built-in heat shielding
• Unitrax billet half shafts
• Dual Kevlar clutch assembly
• Lightweight aluminum flywheel
• Ripper short-throw shifter
• Fluidyne radiator
• 180 degree thermostat
• Silicone radiator hoses
• Viper custom calibrated computer
• Lethal 750 badging

Transmission
• Upgraded, ‘close-ratio’ T-56 Viper Transmission

Interior
• Color-matched black/yellow interior with yellow piping; ‘LETHAL 750’ logos/ ‘ACR’ logos
• ‘LETHAL 750’ aluminum pedals
• ACR 5 point harnesses (stock)
• Stereo: Sony ES minidisc, CD changer with MB Quart (6) and Kicker (1) speakers
• Viper rear deck lid

Brakes
• STOPTECH 4 wheel brake kit with 14” and 13” rotors both with 4 piston calipers.

Body
• Autform front fasica with integrated HID lights; fog lights, driving lights and air cool-brake ducts

Suspension
• Dynamic suspension dual adjustable shocks with ride height adjustment and remote reservoirs (stock)

All interested parties e-mail me privately at [email protected]. Car is being offered at $85k/b.o.
Thanks for all the great times and discussions over the years since I joined in 1998. I hope to be back in the future...perhaps when the SRT coupe is launched!!!

Regards,
Wayne

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Coming to the Viper family first...One \'hellofa\' deal on a 750hp + Viper!!

Sorry to hear Wayne, best of luck with the new home and the move. Hope to hear you back soon. Sounds like a unbelievable viper, someones going to be very happy!

Adam

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Coming to the Viper family first...One \'hellofa\' deal on a 750hp + Viper!!

good luck

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now that would make quite a Christmas present for some lucky would-be-super-Viper owner. Best of luck.

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good luck with your new home. You'll be a Viper owner again.

Cheers,
Chuck

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That car has certainly impressed a lot of people - sorry you have to part with it. Good luck re your future. :2tu:

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You might get more $$ by parting out the car and putting it back to stock. That motor sounds sweet and would fetch a good price by itself. Just an idea, good luck on your new house.

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I want to thank all of you for your support and the response thus far.

Due to the time sensitive nature (I need to sell it within a week), I am also considering what MES has suggested: If anyone is interested in purchasing the engine outright (complete assembly with all the goodies), let's talk. Send me an e-mail at [email protected] and make me an offer on the whole engine assembly. I would still prefer to sell the whole car as it is now since it is a complete pacakge and it may be more attractive to say that this is the same car that was on TV, in magazines, etc...

Thanks again.
-Wayne

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Where in california are you planning on moving.. just so happens i have a place up for sale down south.. ;) Viper would make a good down payment!

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please send me a PM for the link and pricing

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

does this thing pass ca smog?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Where in California will you be moving?
We have 3 very active regions, which you may like to keep in contact.

After selling your car, a kind of remorse sets in. It can be somewhat abated by hanging out with and attending club events.]

N. California
Central Calififornia
and of course the fantastic Southern California ViperClub!

We even have a new Govenor who loves high performance cars.

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

All-
Just a quick update....
It looked like my Viper was sold for $79k, but the buyer has had some challenges closing the deal. As a result, it's back on the open market. Make me a deal I can't refuse!! :) You can e-mail me at [email protected]...
-Wayne

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Wayne,

Do you still have the extra injectors? I'm looking for a set of high flows.

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nope, ab, don't have those extra injectors anymore, but I do have a beautiful 750hp+ '01 ACR instead if you are interested... :) :D
Sorry.
-Wayne

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

helluva of a car for 79K

good luck selling it

OP
OP
L

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well...what is not so fortunate for me can be an AMAZING OPPORTUNITY for some lucky owner who wants a VERY UNIQUE Viper. The other party that was interested in my car just notified me that he has a lack of funds for this holiday season.....

So the bottom line is.....IT IS STILL FOR SALE!
At this point the price has dropped to :eek: $77k. :eek:

This is quite a deal for a car that has had over 1000 hours invested into it to make sure the package works perfectly with the car. I remember after it made over 750hp on pump gas many Viper owners/tuners/etc were scratching their heads trying to figure out how we made so much power across the entire RPM band with this combination....

Any interested parties should e-mail me at [email protected] .
It is not too late to treat yourself to one heck of a holiday present!! :2tu: