'02 Final Edition Registry Project

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\'02 Final Edition Registry Project

Wonder where the other 359 Red and White Coupes live? Announcing the 2002 Viper GTS Final Edition Registry Project.

146final_edition_pic.jpg

I’d like to collect and share information on the owners and location of the 360 Final Edition GTS Vipers. This information will be used to compile vital statistics and related items of interest to Final Edition Viper Owners.

Current or former owners of ’02 Final Edition GTS Vipers are requested to complete the following items and email to this email address .

---------------

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: \'02 Final Edition Registry Project

Hi Jim,

#265 here. I e-mailed you with my info. Keep us posted on your project!

Warren.

OP
OP
T

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow -- first 8 hours posted and I have info on 20 cars already -- keep it coming. Working on a domain name and host site. Thanks.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice idea.. you red and white guys will be close... not as close as the yellow guys of course
laugh.gif

We all have yellow fever
laugh.gif

this registry sort of makes me wish I had a FE
crying.gif

FE GTS 195

Enthusiast
Reaction score

TriJim,

I've submitted the information for Final Edition #195. Thanks for compiling the information.

Jody

OP
OP
T

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score

First day and information on over 40 Final Editions. Please keep them coming and share my email [email protected] with anyone you know that owns a FE Viper.

Several owners are unfamiliar with the MDH. MDH is the Month/Day/Hour your car was built. It's a 6-digit number at the bottom left corner on the barcode label at the Driver's door. The final edition sequence numbers were randomly assigned at CAAP so only the VIN and MDH tell you when your car was built and which cars were assembled on the same day. I hope this helps.

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Still having email problems so here is the info....
Larry Bell
New Castle
Indiana
USA
# 74
1B3ER69E82V102909
MDH...car is in winter storage...will check it out soon...
ACR - yes
Purchased from Woodhouse, but the car was originally shipped to...
Beadles Chrysler Center
5023 Fourth Avenue
Bowdle, SD. 57428
[email protected](WHEN IT IS WORKING AGAIN)
No mods, 200 miles and stored in a bubble for the winter...
disclosure permission...yes on all...

also owned Final Edition # 238 (not ACR) at one time...have all info on that car except I don't have a clue where it is now....I still have the window sticker, purchased from Woodhouse also.......just missing MDH....

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great effort! The site looks really nice.

The dates I sent you with the info and car numbers were the dates that I recorded the info (cars were still for sale) and not the days they sold.

In the pictures #5 & 6 (maybe more) in the photo area of the unknowns are of the prototype FE #000 of 360 at the Chicago Auto Show. I do not know what happen to this car. Anyone have an idea what might have happened to it?

When I have time I will email more movies to you and pics of FE #253 built process from start to finish.

Again, Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

This is a great idea and I will make sure I get in touch with the 4 folks who have Final Editions that are also Daytona Editions. I think the registry is a fun idea, and the additional comraderie among yourselves should keep you all very close knit. Best of luck with your project!

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Pemberton:
This is a great idea and I will make sure I get in touch with the 4 folks who have Final Editions that are also Daytona Editions. I think the registry is a fun idea, and the additional comraderie among yourselves should keep you all very close knit. Best of luck with your project!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the help! Contacting owners through the dealers is probably the easiest way to do it. Any other help from the dealers on the board (Eric Lee, Fitzgerald, Roanoke, Buhler, etc) is greatly appreciated.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

not to sound like sour grapes, and definitley DO NOT want to start any war...but...

Any thoughts on why the final edition RTs seem to be totally ignored? Seems like an unfortunate demise for the mighty RT/10!

Tomer

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

TriJim,
Can we get a dash plaque check on Car number 27? Would look to me to be a red with silver stripe car. No red stitching either......

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The dealer told me that it was a picture of their FE, but the stripes looked silver to me as well. I'm going to have to follow up on the pictures.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score

buhler dodge has three final editions not yet listed in the registry.. #'s 274, 060, 175 ...

see the below link:
http://www.buhlerdodge.com/

also, the local dealer here in my little town has a final edition ACR.. i'll see if they still have it...

- eddie -

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Just spoke to Darren (Buhler)... website changed! ... he's down to one Final Edition! Two just flew out the door!

OP
OP
T

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for all of the help and support. This is a "grassroots" effort with the cost and design work donated by Viper owners and enthusiasts interested in preserving this part of the Viper legacy. It's amazing the information that has been gathered in a short time. We are seeking to link this effort with the International Viper Registry to benefit all owners.

We've considered adding the GT2s, but want to stay focused while we collect initial information on this group of cars. Hopefully our "lessons learned" can be used to collect information for other subgroups of the Viper Nation.

Key to the 360 Final Editions is that many are in the hands of first owners -- most with free VCA memberships. It will be much harder to collect this information in a couple years when cars have been lost or passed through several owners. Also, the 360 final edition sequence numbers were randomly assigned. Only by collecting VINs and MDHs can we can reconstruct the build sequence and find cars that were built on the same day.

You are encouraged to visit the Final Edition Viper Registry Project at www.FEViper.com to share information and ideas. I think you will find information that is interesting to all Viper owners and enthusiasts. Cudos for the web design go to Drew Phillips (viperweb).

Again, thanks for all of the help -- particularly the detective work -- like an owner peering in the windows of cars on a snowy dealer lot to check sequence numbers and VINs. (Of course, why are the cars out in the snow!)

Please pass the word. There are still a lot of Final Edition Vipers that remain "lost."

2002graphiteviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was the one "peering" thru the windows of two final editions - and one red 2001 GTS all sitting outside in the snow in a Boston suburb - Peabody. I know - it is pronounced Peabiddy for any of you locals up here... I have been corrected enough this week.

In any event, #88 (unsold) and a #5 (sold) are sitting up here - outside on a Dodge lot... I almost broke down in tears and got out my Zaino! Looked really fricken cold and really dirty...

They also had a huge Spidermand Viper poster hanging in the entry... Like most people - I only linger at car lots on Sundays - in order to not have to actually talk to them...

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jim and Drew

Awesome job on the website!!! This is a really cool idea and website! Keep up the great input! Sounds like a lot of good things happening for us FE owners.
wink.gif

I sent in my info to you for # 338 FE GTS

Best,Dave

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by C O D Y:
TriJim,
Can we get a dash plaque check on Car number 27? Would look to me to be a red with silver stripe car. No red stitching either......

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

#27 was at John Hine Dodge in San Diego. I went and sat in it.

&lt;edit&gt;
I spoke with them just a minute ago....it's still there.

also..it's a non-ACR

Carl

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm sure they have that car, but look at the photos. The car pictured does not have white stripes or red stitching. Also missing the dash plaque.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Catwood:
#27 was at John Hine Dodge in San Diego. I went and sat in it.

&lt;edit&gt;
I spoke with them just a minute ago....it's still there.

also..it's a non-ACR

Carl

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score

They don't have the car on their website for what ever reason. They have had it on ebay a few times.

In fact there are several on ebay.

#250 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874472555&category=6209

#322 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874077378&category=6209

#208 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874524915&category=6209

Either #168 or #349, they have both. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874238009&category=6209

#308 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874537284&category=6209

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by C O D Y:
I'm sure they have that car, but look at the photos. The car pictured does not have white stripes or red stitching. Also missing the dash plaque.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>