02 RT/10 Barrett Jackson

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw a stock 02 RT/10 go for $69,000 on barrett jackson, not sure of the mileage on the car. I was so amazed that the car went for near MSRP 2002 and additionally amazed that the car auctioned for almost double what the market is dictating for late model RT/10's today. more $ than brains?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO I see this as a good thing. A lot of people keep asking when the value of our Vipers will start going up and here is an example of that. It's just one car but if more of us start asking for higher prices we can maybe help drive the value of our cars up a little bit. ON this particular car I would have to imagine it was a low mileage car but like I said...every little bit helps. :)

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw a stock 02 RT/10 go for $69,000 on barrett jackson, not sure of the mileage on the car. I was so amazed that the car went for near MSRP 2002 and additionally amazed that the car auctioned for almost double what the market is dictating for late model RT/10's today. more $ than brains?

It was probably yellow.:smirk:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Was it graphite? I believe on Mecum Auction back in Decemember/January I saw a 2002 Graphite RT/10 with 5,000 miles sell to a woman for $69,000. I was very happy when I witnessed that :D

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That "car lady" def. has more money than brains. Having that lady bid on your car is like winning the lottery. She over pays for everything. Just likes to spend money I guess. Don't know why she goes to the auctions when she can get private deals that are a thousand times better.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That "car lady" def. has more money than brains. Having that lady bid on your car is like winning the lottery. She over pays for everything. Just likes to spend money I guess. Don't know why she goes to the auctions when she can get private deals that are a thousand times better.

Yup, I was thinking the same thing... I was like wow, you have all this money and not even an agent or anyone to guide you and tell you how much specific cars are worth? Don't get me wrong, I obviously love the Viper and was glad to see that Graphite RT/10 sell for 69k.. but let's be realistic.. she could have easily bought that car for at least 25-30k cheaper through someone on here through the VCA or several other places...

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without knowing and judging by the price, low mileage to me would be near new - e.g., something in the hundreds. I've seen other RT's that never were registered and had low "sales demo" miles...probably the sales manager drove. But, the few I've seen like that were in the $60's-$70's. Crazy, unless you are a true collector and want to put the car in a museum...basically an undriven example.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Doing a private deal in a disciplined and professional way wouldn't achieve her primary goal......to be on TV!

gsxrman01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Auctions are amazing....I have been to several home and car auctions and have seen some crazy numbers for homes and cool cars....Auctions are a great wild card...All you need is 2 people that want it bad enough and then the market value doesn't mean anything at that point...ITS WHO WILL WIN THE BIDDING WAR :eater:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Graphite RT/10 that is being referenced happened either last year or the year before, it had low miles and a Mopar wing on it. Suppose it's possible another went through this year.