02 rt 10 leaking oil or fluid?

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My viper was/is leaking oil or brake fluid? All along underneath right side side sill. I noticed it for first time today,lots of black fluid or oily type substance. It took an entire rag to clean it off. My door and rims had the splatter on
It. Any ideas? Is the brake fluid on the passenger side?? The underside was dry otherwise.

OP
OP
G

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oil was full and clutch fluid was full but fluid was coming from
The right side only exactly under the sill as well as the wheel well plastic area.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I filled/burped the coolant system by disconnecting one of the hoses on the heater box, I didn't fully tighten the hose after reinstalling. In addition to the coolant smell, the host was leaking above the heater box, running down to side sills and picking up dirt along the way. It looked black. Just a hunch but try to see if the leak is coming from on top of heater box. What does the fluid smell like?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you drove over an oily substance in the road and the front wheel kicked up into the plastic cover, side sill? Ball joints leaking grease maybe? :dunno:

OP
OP
G

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the joint on both sides are equally greasy so thats not it.I just got home.All the hoses are tight,no leaks I could see.Where is the brake fluid reservior?

Username

Viper Owner
Reaction score
check your exhaust.. clamps, flex collar etc. It's possible that it's exhaust condensation that's blowing out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96