03 headlight flicker question

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got around to having the headlight flicker recall done on my '03 however the lights still flicker. The dealer claims to have a Viper Tech on staff. I was told no parts were required and that it was just a computer adjustment. Is this true and is this an issue that should be able to be corrected with a non Viper Tech? How complicated is this procedure? As I said, the dealer claims to have a Viper Tech but also said they rarely sell any Vipers. Should I look for another dealer or take it back for a second chance?

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recall 03V388000: Body Control Module Software Update

DEFECT: On certain passenger vehicles, the multifunction switch park lamp contacts may corrode. The multifunction switch parking light contacts could cause the head lights, parking lights, and/or instrument panel lamps to flicker or become inoperative. This could affect driver visibility, increasing the risk of a crash.
REMEDY: Dealers will reflash the software in the Body Control Module. The manufacturer has reported that owner notification is expected to begin during December 2003. Owners may contact DaimlerChrysler at 1-800-992-1997.

Any tech can do this update. It takes less than 5 minutes and is done thru your diagnostic connector under the left side of the dash. It does not affect your DC Tune or any other performance computer.

Just be sure to stand there and tell the tech to do the Body Control Module reflash only.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang