04 Black Viper With HRE 545R Wheels.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My HRE Wheels arrived yesterday from Dean, at The Art Of Design, so I thought I would post a couple pictures. I had never saw a black SRT-10 with 545R wheels. I played around with the ride height last night and I am now lowered 1 1/4 in the back and 1 1/8 in the front from the stock ride height. The rear wheels are 20s and the front wheels are 19s. :cool:

7204_Viper_Drivers_Side_With_HRE_Wheels-med.JPG

7204_Viper_Drivers_Side_With_HRE_Wheels-1-med.JPG

7204_Viper_Passenger_Side_With_HRE_Wheels-2-med.JPG

SilverBlueGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the croc hunter says, 'shes a real beauty'. Very nice collection of muscle cars you have there. I assume the Viper is the more 'civilized' of the 2...

JT

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those wheels are just perfect!
They really make the brake calipers stand out.
Are there any major differences between these wheels and the light weight wheels (Carbon SRT) from Mopar ?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the neighborhood.....Sweet rims and calipers. Now if ya had the red/black interior like the Black Mamba it would be perfect :cool: ..Looks just like the rims Torquenstein has.....er....had....

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
B

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As the croc hunter says, 'shes a real beauty'. Very nice collection of muscle cars you have there. I assume the Viper is the more 'civilized' of the 2...

JT

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I really had a hard time deciding between the 545R and the 547R wheels. I think I made the right choice! One smart thing I did was to have the LTP sensors installed. The Pirellis are not run flat tires. I also had HRE install the sensors, mount and balance the tires. That way there could be no possability of finger pointing if there was a problem.

JT, the Superformance Cobra is an ABSOLUTE beast. It is 1000 lbs. lighter than the Viper, and has more hp. It has a 418 c.i. stroker motor built by Performance Engineering. I cant shift the car quick enough before hitting the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd gear. :cool:

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I had them much higher like 34-36 psi. Car looks great. What did you use to lower it??? I used the Moton system.

Interesting that you mounted the sensors. I did at first, unfortunately they all came off inside the tire and I had to have all the tires dismounted. I was really pissed at HRE - they did not even silicone the sensors to the wheel, just sticky tape and these metal bands going around them. My advice is to watch them!! I hope they have changed there method since.

OP
OP
B

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I had them much higher like 34-36 psi. Car looks great. What did you use to lower it??? I used the Moton system.

Interesting that you mounted the sensors. I did at first, unfortunately they all came off inside the tire and I had to have all the tires dismounted. I was really pissed at HRE - they did not even silicone the sensors to the wheel, just sticky tape and these metal bands going around them. My advice is to watch them!! I hope they have changed there method since.

Greg.
HRE has come out with a new system to mount the sensors. They no longer use tape or silicone. They have designed a new steel band that captures the sensor and holds it tight to the wheel.
I did not use the Motons. I had a couple people tell me that unless I was going to race the car Motons were overkill.
I have been working with Aldan for the last few weeks to develop a coilover package for the Viper. I had serious problems with what was originally supposed to have been developed for the SRT-10. I think they now have a very good product to offer the Viper community. If you have any questions about the Aldan coilovers you can call Robert at 310-834-7478.
HRE had my tire pressure at 36 psi, but I dropped them down. I will see how they ride and make adjustments accordingly.
Ps. you are going to miss your SRT-10! :cool:

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the straps as well. The sensors came off from those - I'm sure these are new ones - I hope! Good luck car looks great.

OP
OP
B

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the straps as well. The sensors came off from those - I'm sure these are new ones - I hope! Good luck car looks great.

Greg, they are the new style straps. I am told my car is the 3rd to have them.
If it would only stop raining in Indiana, I could actually drive it now! :D