05 vs 06 Differences (Brakes and Differential)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this past Easter Weekend, I visited my Dad by driving my car to NC (from Chicago). It was the first time I was able to drive back to back the 05 and the 06, and I noticed 2 significant differences.

1. Dads brakes on his 05 are MUCH more grabby then mine. Which is very suprising, because I thought mine ROCKED !! But both Dad and I noticed it without asking each other, my Dad actually brought it up after driving mine.

So my question is, did the 05 have different brake compound then the 06? Anyone know if the part numbers were different for the pads? And Dads has 30,000 miles on it, and I had 10,000 on mine. So I dont think Milage is going to play a part in this situation.

2. My Differential is much tighter, its a LOT easier for me to launch my 06 with 735hp then dads stock 05. Dads spins the tires a LOT easier, as if posi isnt kicking in. Its also harder to get a good zero to 60 in dads (for me, he does fine) then in my car, as dads losses traction again when going into 2nd.

I think Dad's car needs a new differential, but if its not "broken" how am I going to get that warrantied ?

Thanks,

Jon

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If he has that many more miles than yours it may need to be viewed, but there is nothing listed here on service, when it was done, if ever, and if your Dad has only changed the rear end fluid once, that could be part of the issue------------if never it could be all of it.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Bill. I'll make sure Dad does a round of fluids. See if that helps.

But what about the brakes? How come his stops noticably better with less effort then mine?

Thanks,

Jon

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With that many miles Dad's car is obviously worn out, be a good son and buy him a new one for God's sake. :D
Seriously the brake thing is wierd, couild his be bedded in better? Could make a big difference.

Dad doesnt think so, because I drive the piss out of mine, and do some serious brake checks when im haulin asp and needing to get down to something reasonable. So either mine are glazed ?? or he has better pads. But its definitely not because mine isnt bedded in. 10k on mine, id hate to see brakes needing to be bed in more then that :)

Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude