06 Coupe, FLICKERING lights ? What the... Help ?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else have an issue with their marker lights and "running lights" flickering? Interior is fine, HIDs are fine (I think) but the yellow markers in the head lights and the side markers on the rear quarters are flickering randomly. Reving the car makes it do it more then idle does. So I really think its a lose ground somewhere, but I checked the battery cables and the chassis ground at both the battery and the chassi, and the chassi to the engine, all tight (snugged them just a hair to verify).

What else could be lose to cause this clickering? Is there an electical harness ground I should be looking for?

Thanks.

Jon

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my Gen I, not sure if your 02 is the same.

The ECU located on the driver side, is very exposed to the elements and had started to rust/decay.

This gave me all kind of crazy problems that apparently had nothing in common, until I replaced the whole box.

It's been a while so I cannot recall more details, sorry!

bigerc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe 03 vipers had a recall for flickering lights. Weird... You can look up old 03 viper posts about the subject and see if your experience is similar.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe 03 vipers had a recall for flickering lights. Weird... You can look up old 03 viper posts about the subject and see if your experience is similar.

That was the HIDs.. which made them extremely dangerous.

My issue is only the "marker lights" you know the ones that are yellow up front(not turn signal) and the red ones on the rear quarters (again not turn signals). And the rear lights, you know when you turn your lights on during the day or at night, and they glow red in the rear, but THE BRAKE lights are solid when you push the brakes.

I didnt try it when engine was off, but i have a feeling it will be fine, I think its the shaking thats doing it.

Jon

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had the same problem with my magnum. i went to the magnum forum and found out others had the same problem with a ground not being tight enough. tightend the wire down and all was well again.

maybe check for loose ground screws?

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had the same problem with my magnum. i went to the magnum forum and found out others had the same problem with a ground not being tight enough. tightend the wire down and all was well again.

maybe check for loose ground screws?

yeah, it could be that definitly, but Dan (Final GTS) on here, looked up the schematics, and told me exactly which one of the ground wires is responsible for those lights, and i had already checked it and made sure it was nice and snug. So unless there is another ground responsible for those lights, it looks like i already did that too.

I am really starting to think its got to do with the BCM (body control module), maybe a lose connection ?

Jon

bigerc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That was the HIDs.. which made them extremely dangerous.

My issue is only the "marker lights" you know the ones that are yellow up front(not turn signal) and the red ones on the rear quarters (again not turn signals). And the rear lights, you know when you turn your lights on during the day or at night, and they glow red in the rear, but THE BRAKE lights are solid when you push the brakes.

I didnt try it when engine was off, but i have a feeling it will be fine, I think its the shaking thats doing it.

Jon

Thanks for the clarifacation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather