06 Paxton 697 rwhp

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had the low fuel light come on and still romped on it...a/f stays at 11.5 or so...never noticed a problem. Still I think about filling it up when I get to the half tank mark. I run 50/50 with 100/91 so I kinda have to plan ahead on the refills

also, I just happend to notice...
<------------------that car looks SICK!!! ;)

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if that was the culprit in my case or not. I purchased the car with the mods already done. When I cracked two pistons it was because of a "lean" issue. When I called ART, who installed their "upgraded fuel system" he asked how much fuel was in the tank when it blew? He then told me that if you run the car hard below a 1/4 tank, the fuel can slosh and not get picked up by the pump causing a lean issue. Now, how true that is, I don't know. There seems to be a bunch of guys on here that run there paxton cars below 1/4 tank without issue.

turbo5oh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Buddy do yourself the favor and get it back to the dyno with someone who will check your fuel preasure and your af ratio again.. the last thing you want to do is hurt the motor like i said before.. spend the extra $200 having piece of mind PRICELESS unless you want to use visa or m/c for a rebuild

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a thread on the issue of the proper fuel system to use with boosted applications. The key point was that the stock "in tank" component of the system should not be removed. Its purpose is to ensure proper flow under low tank conditions. The failures mentioned in that thread appeared to be caused by the removal of that component when a new fuel system with greater capacity was installed. I believe Dan Lesser (Sp?) from New York also chimed in with a detailed comment about the fact that to properly enhance a fuel system is not inexpensive and too many tuners take short cuts that may save money but jeopardize the engine. Perhaps Dan or Mark Jorgensen will read this and refresh our collective recollection on this point.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '06 has identical mods as yours, it put down 674 rwhp with the out-of-box Paxton tune, high-flow cats, and catback. Mine runs pretty rich though, needs a dyno tune.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto, with the same guy warning us both! :2tu:
More information required. Production fuel system with Paxton supplied add ons or something unique (from DLM I presume)?

I have over 20,000 miles on mine. Including several track days. In a normal track day I start out with a full fuel tank and get about 4-5 15 minute sessions before running on empty. I watch the fuel pressure and O2 readings as much as possible and have never detected a problem.

So please do not perpetuate a myth. Substantiate it with facts or dismiss it.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More information required. Production fuel system with Paxton supplied add ons or something unique (from DLM I presume)?

I have over 20,000 miles on mine. Including several track days. In a normal track day I start out with a full fuel tank and get about 4-5 15 minute sessions before running on empty. I watch the fuel pressure and O2 readings as much as possible and have never detected a problem.

I agree with you GR8 ASP. I have 15,400 miles on mine, including several track days and I have never had a problem. I think that if one stays within the parameters of the stock paxton kit and it is installed by a competent installer like Woodhouse who utilizes a safe tune the half tank rule is unnecessary. I routinely drive around with less than a quarter tank with no problem. However, I would not let it go under a quarter tank for fear of running out of gas. LOL. I think that the issue arises with some higher HP cars with applications that go beyond the stock Paxton kit that do not have adequate "in tank" safeguards. Upgrading the whole fuel system beyond the stock Paxton kit parameters, from what I have read on this board, is a complex and somewhat costly mod not just a plug and play mod where more powerful fuel pumps are substituted and the existing "in tank" part of the system is altered or removed. However, I think that in many cases those who have their cars modded do not have a sufficient understanding of what is being done to their car to question what is being done to their car and there's the rub. But, maybe I am being a bit harsh. I trust no one but my wife, my son and my cat - and I sometimes have doubts about the cat. LOL.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you getting snooty on me? ;) Yes, the DLM 1000 HP system adds some things to the mix. I am not sure about Plum, but in my case I have a secondary fuel system and pump, thus I suspect the warning never to boost with less than half a tank. I am not sure where the pickup is for the fuel, but rest assured that I take that warning very seriously. We have put well over 10,000 miles on our build and have not had so much as a hiccup.

And I implicitly trust Bob's cat based on the owner.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not snooty. Just concerned that this topic may be taken by all Paxton owners as a real concern when it may be limited to those that have something beyond the standard Paxton setup.

You would (or should I say have) know it when I get snooty. :) But on technical things I am, ah, um, too darn technical.

As for the p-u-s-s-y, er cat, I concur as well. Finicky animals that they are. I can't believe that word is to be asterisked out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather