06 Paxton 697 rwhp

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put a paxton, random tech high flow cat, and corsa track II cat back exhaust on my car and here is the dyno sheet. Im running factory plugs. Suggestions, remarks, the boost gauge read 9.2 lbs, seemed high to me. What do you guys think.

DYNOgreg06.JPG

turbo5oh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have an 03 with the paxton and the upgraded heat exchanger and pump aside the blower everything else is stock. i changed the plugs to ngk zfr6f- 11 as they are a little colder plug i made 675 hp with 8 1/2 lbs of boost.. just make sure you always run good gas and dont be shy to add a little octane boost as well. your a/f ratio looks good i would change the plugs just to be safe and enjoy blowin the tires away:drive:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are great numbers. They are above the average for the stock kit with your mods which is usually about 650/600 based on the data on this site. What octane fuel was used to do the test? Your A/F after 5000 RPM trends up until it appears to be 13 at 5900. Some would say that A/F is OK. I think that it is a tad lean. The 9.2 lbs of boost is above what the stock kit normally generates so something is happening. Assuming it is not a faulty gauge, it is probably worth it to find out what accounts for the 9.2 figure. Enjoy your snake.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are great numbers. They are above the average for the stock kit with your mods which is usually about 650/600 based on the data on this site. What octane fuel was used to do the test? Your A/F after 5000 RPM trends up until it appears to be 13 at 5900. Some would say that A/F is OK. I think that it is a tad lean. The 9.2 lbs of boost is above what the stock kit normally generates so something is happening. Assuming it is not a faulty gauge, it is probably worth it to find out what accounts for the 9.2 figure. Enjoy your snake.

It was 92 octane pump gas, its a new PLX gauge, but I thought the same thing, seemed high. I sent the graph to DLM, see what he suggests, I just want to be safe with the A/F.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will say therer was two more Paxton cars there with basically the same mods, one did 696, and one 667. The 667 car did about 8 1/2 lbs on a hand held gauge we put inline to monitor, not sure what the other did.

turbo5oh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
doug is great guy will not steer you wrong. was your fuel preasure over 100psi mine went to about 110 ..

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the results from the other two cars, I would say that it may just be that the dyno needs some calibration. Do you have another shop where you can have it retested on the same type of dyno?

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the results from the other two cars, I would say that it may just be that the dyno needs some calibration. Do you have another shop where you can have it retested on the same type of dyno?

yes, but then I would have to pay.:cash: All the number were consistant with last years numbers.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another possibility. The paxton kit comes with two different sized washers that fit under the large diaphram inside the FCU. ( The blue thing under your hood.) One washer is 1.855 inches. The other one is 2.22 inches. Which one do you have installed? The 2.22" one is for modified vehicles. If I remember correctly, if you have the wrong washer installed, the car will run leaner.

turbo5oh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the 1.855 is a 6:1 anf the 2.22 is an 8:1 and i think it says to use that for his year. but make sure that if you did change the washer in the fmu that everything alligned up right with the retainers and stuff.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 1.855 is a 6:1 anf the 2.22 is an 8:1 and i think it says to use that for his year. but make sure that if you did change the washer in the fmu that everything alligned up right with the retainers and stuff.

I bought the unit used, it came off an install by woodhouse on another 06, Im sure they used the right washer, but I will check.

turbo5oh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
when they dynoed it they did not take a fuel preasure reading? also did they pull an o2 sensor out and install a wide band one in there when they dynoed it or did they stick a sniffer in the side exhuast?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the unit used, it came off an install by woodhouse on another 06, Im sure they used the right washer, but I will check.

It could have been the right washer for the other car but not necessarily for your car. Altitude also plays a role on what washer to use and the other car could have been used at a higher altitude like Denver.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice numbers...it seems to be going a little lean on the top end though (if the readings are correct) what does your A/F gauge say when you are up around 5,500 to 6,000?

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when they dynoed it they did not take a fuel preasure reading? also did they pull an o2 sensor out and install a wide band one in there when they dynoed it or did they stick a sniffer in the side exhuast?

They did not take a fuel pressure reading. The o2 was out the side pipe also. I did not watch mine gauge during the run, I should have.

VENOMNS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya... It seems a little lean on the top end... I would try to stay at 12.5!

turbo5oh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i cannot belive that they would dyno your can with out a fuel preasure reading.. if that fmu was not working and your car went way lean you would not be a happy camper. you did say that they removed your o2 sensor and installed a wide band one in right? while it was on the dyno? if they didnt i would take it and get dynoed somewhere else and make sure they hook up for a fuel preasure reading and install the wide band o2 in the place of the o2

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im going to get a feul pressure sensor, and datalogger. Whats does everyone think about the pressure? 9.2 lbs.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems high based on my experience. I run the Mopar race exhaust, which may have lower exhaust back pressure. Boost will run higher with increased back pressure. My boost generally comes right up to 8.0 psi at maximum. During normal driving I seldom exceed 7.5 psi. I have noticed that arund to redline if you close the throttle abruptly it can cause what appears to be an overboost condition (but it is probably just the inlet inertia making it appear to be that high for gauges that record the momentary peak).

Your numbers are within a wisker of mine. Dynoed several times over several years and it is always within 10 or so hp. Right about 690. Welcome to the club.

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got an 06 coupe with the same mods that was putting out the same HP.........right before it went KA-BLAMM-OOOOO!!!!!! :D. Did they tell you not to drive it hard if the fuel tank below 1/4 tank? Definatley monitor your A/F and fuel pressure or suffer the same fate as I did.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got an 06 coupe with the same mods that was putting out the same HP.........right before it went KA-BLAMM-OOOOO!!!!!! :D. Did they tell you not to drive it hard if the fuel tank below 1/4 tank? Definatley monitor your A/F and fuel pressure or suffer the same fate as I did.

Thanks for the heads up, I did the install so I need to tell myself :D. Did you loose fuel pressure? What was the damage.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, I did the install so I need to tell myself :D. Did you loose fuel pressure? What was the damage.

Greg...I keep reading about fuel starvation...make sure you have at least 1/2 a tank of gas on that bad boy if/when you open her up...:(

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Greg...I keep reading about fuel starvation...make sure you have at least 1/2 a tank of gas on that bad boy if/when you open her up...:(
Why is it the case that below 1/4 can cause you problems? At that point does fuel not come out as fast from the tank? That seems like it should of been a recal problem even if you are not running boost

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No fuel starvation issue here. Been dry to the bone on the track and pushing it hard (much harder than you can ever do on the street).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang