08 hood on an 06

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have any pics of an 08 style hood installed on a factory striped 06 coupe? I'm thinking about putting the newer hood on my 06 First Edition (GTS Blue/White Stripes) but I've noticed that the factory stripes on an 08 are narrower - maybe because the hood vents are bigger. I'd want to match the width of the stipes on the 06 but I'd like to see some pics if anyone has done this.

If someone has already posted pics in some other thread please tell me where.

Thanks!

Reaction score
There have been threads with this done and we have painted quite a few this way. Looks good but is difficult to get the lines straight through the hood vents. I will look but don't think I still have the pictures on my HD.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are pics of the Vipair hood
DSC05784.JPG

DSC05767.JPG

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
slate_06_003.jpg

slate_06_004.jpg

Like Mark said, you can see howit gets a little tricky around the hood vents with a wider '06 stripe.

The 08 hood also helps with cooling.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure it is shot with a laser to get the stripe in the right spot when going into those vents.

Jeff

V

Venomiss

an 06 with the 08 hood. Looks like a champ! This is 85 of 200's beauty. Ask him for details.
ron10.jpg

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like the tapered or 08+ stripes. They look too thin to me.

NineBall, I agree the 08 stripes are too thin, On my 08 I tapered them like my 06 including widening the roof stripes 2" to match the 06. I don't like the 06 stripes going through the 08 hood. But like color choices, everyone has their own preferences.

GTS-R 001, Can you post some larger pics of your Avitar? The tapered stripes on it look good to me.

gbatejan, those stripes look great, just like the original comp coupe, but that's a Gen III hood not a Gen IV

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
redtanrt10, I did notice that the Avitar was a Gen 3 hood but figured that the taper, if applied to a Gen 4 hood, might be enough to clear the vents. That's why I'd like to see some larger pics to try and get a sense of what I could do on a Gen 4.