1:12 Revell McViper???

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend called yesterday and said he had found a 1:12 McViper made by Revell at a Hobby Lobby store (the type model that you put together yourself). The price was $59.99, and he didnt have the money on him, so he hid it behind some other model car boxes for me. When I went today, it was gone. Anyone know where I can find one? I have emailed Revell, but not sure if they will sale direct to customers or not. I did a Yahoo search and didnt see any websites listing a 1:12 Revell McViper:crazy:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To my recollection Burago never made any 1:12, I'm thinking he made a very human mistake and that the model is actually 1:18 which Burago did make.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To my recollection Burago never made any 1:12, I'm thinking he made a very human mistake and that the model is actually 1:18 which Burago did make.

It wasn't a Bburago model. It was a Revell model (www.Revell.de). Revell does make 1:12 models because there was a 1:12 Revell Ferrari model at the store and he said the box he saw was the same, just there was a McViper on the box top instead of a Ferrari. The Ferrari model and model McViper he saw were the plastic ones that you have to put together yourself. There are no other Hobby Lobby stores close to me, or I'd go to them and look for it.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the new signature Chad. Did you ever get the wheels back from being fixed yet?

Well, yes and no. The 2 back ones were too wide for the place to be able to repair. They said it'd cost me $200 each to have shipped out to a different place to be repaired. The curb rash on the front ones was repaired ($40 each), but the wheel place said one of the front ones is also BENT. It'll be another $100 to get it straightened. So, I paid $1000 for mint condition wheels w/10k left on the tires. To actually get mint condition wheels with descent tires is going to end up costing me $2580. $1000 for the wheels, $580 in wheel repair and about $1k in 4 new tires. I hope Bobby Sherman rots in hell and I hope it hurts:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well....Chad,I check in a few links and friends if a McViper was by Revell in 1/12....nothing in Europe....and France....

If you will have some good news of yours...

Chris. :2tu:

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stopped by a Hobby Lobby last night. They had four 1:12 car kits, all Ferrari Testarossa, $69.99 each. I checked out the Revell website, nothing. I checked out the Hobby Lobby website, only one they list is the Ferrari.

So... here is what we know: Chads friend saw the McViper model in 1:12 scale, however:

There is no mention of it on the Revell website, no mention of it on the website of said store found (Hobby Lobby) and several people on this board who know models very well have never seen one nor heard of it. If Chad's friend will just now share whatever he's been smoking with the rest of us, we'll be able to see it too!:laugh:

Sorry Chad, no luck thus far:(

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So....
What to do now?

I'd like to have a 1:12 McViper model, and I think a lot of people want it.

What if....
We find a minitiature wheel manufacturer to produce the yellow Rims?
Than.... all you need are the proper decals and a JRL/Anson donor model.
Looks like a doable mission. I'm on it!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So....
What to do now?

I'd like to have a 1:12 McViper model, and I think a lot of people want it.

What if....
We find a minitiature wheel manufacturer to produce the yellow Rims?
Than.... all you need are the proper decals and a JRL/Anson donor model.
Looks like a doable mission. I'm on it!

I will do you one better ;) What if..

We find a manufacturer that wants to produce complete 1:12 Vipers INCLUDING the McViper :D ?
Just give me a list of a few companies that carry top knotch detail in their scale models and I'll do my thing.

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We find a manufacturer that wants to produce complete 1:12 Vipers INCLUDING the McViper :D ?

Thats a little too much I think.....

They would have to spend tons on equipment and toolings to produce these cars.
I don't think this is something they would do.

In 1:18 maybe.... (still working on it) but not in 1:12.

The rims however..... are something little manufacturers can do. But..... where do we find a facility wanting to produce them (at acceptable cost).

Does anyone have detailpictures of the McViper's wheels? Or a 3d CAD drawing?

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to a local hobbyshop near my hometown this afternoon.... scabenged it for the 1:12 Viper... but couldn´t find it.

Nor in any Revell catalog.

If we can dig up a Revell partnumber it should be easy...... that is if.....

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While we're on the subject of requesting new models from the manufacturer... I'd love to see a GEN II RT/10 made in 1:18. To my knowledge, none have been produced from the factory.

1:12? That would be better yet!!!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today I finally thought what the heck and sent an e-mail to AutoArt asking if they would be willing to look into the possibilities of producing the RT/10 and GTS in their various scales.
I figured it never hurts to ask and I made sure to mention that there would be lots of interested people within the VCA :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala