1/4 mile wheel/tire set up

GTS-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need help with purchasing a dedicated drag strip wheel tire combo. I don't care if I can't use them on the street I just want the best et set up. I do have 14" brembos on the front. Please advise. :confused:

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On that note.... has anyone tried the Michelin Sport Cup?

They were previously not available to the general public, you needed a racing license or something (says Belle Tire, Discount Tire, etc...). Anyhow, they are now DOT approved and everything else. I am told the only distributor is tirerack, any tire place has to go through them or Michelin direct, nobody carries them on the shelf.

It looks like it would be an awesome tire to have on the rear.

http://michelinman.com/catalog/tires/MichelinPilotSportCup.html?tiretype=3&tire=0

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have 14" front brakes and don't want to swap them out when going to the track, I don't think there is a bias ply front "skinny" that will fit, so the standard MT ET Streets & front skinnies are not an option. You'll need to stay with an 18" wheel and tire, and probably the best option is the BFG drag radials in back and Pilots in the front. You can run that combo on the street so long as you don't drive in the rain much to speak of and you don't live for high speed cornering (the BFG's have a much more flexible sidewall than Pilots), or you can put them on a different set of wheels and just change them out. As mentioned above the Pilot Sport Cups might also be a good option, but I've yet to hear about 60' times or anything from anyone who has used them to drag race.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang